Chapter 39

Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You rub your eyes tiredly as you finally reached your dorm. You were drained, mentally and emotionally after last night's events. You were sure that your eyes were already red and puffy from all the crying. So, you were glad to have your shades and snapback with you.

 

"_____." Irene gently took your hand before you managed to open the door. Wendy was seated next to her while their manager was driving. Your eyes remained down but your attention was on the older girl. "Look at me, please."

 

Gentle fingers lifted your chin and you soon locked gazes with her. Your heart beat wildly in your chest as you saw her face. She had also been crying ever since you both talked earlier, you and her have been crying, but she was able to keep herself collected despite her tears.

 

A soft pair of lips soon pressed up against yours and your eyes close as you respond instantly to the kiss. It was soft, gentle and sweet. You swear that it was only making your heart ache more and more as you stayed with Irene. The two of you have been together for a long time already, and it just hurt because things had to end like this; had to end in general.

 

When the kiss ended, Irene placed her hand on your cheek while staring straight into your eyes with a loving and tender gaze as your eyes started to water again. "Come back home, safely to me, arraseo?" You took in a deep breath and nodded, recalling what happened earlier in their dorm.

 

~flashback~

 

A heavy and uncomfortable silence settled in the room while you sat on the bed and Irene kept going about, walking back and forth as you stared at the ground. "Baby, tell me what's wrong." You flinched when you heard the softness of your girlfriend's voice, keeping your head down.

 

Irene keeps her eyes on you and sighs before sitting next to you. "I know something's troubling you. So please, tell me." She whispered while wrapping an arm around your shoulders and you instantly snuggle up to her, burying your face to her neck.

 

You could feel your own heart breaking as you inhaled her scent and close your eyes, holding onto her like your life depended on it as you shake your head. "Unnie, can we please, just, stay like this for now? Please?" Irene looks at you with a worried face and bites her lip before tightening her arms around you and laying down with letting you go. "Okay."

 

So for the next couple of hours, the two of you just laid down, talking about random things, hands intertwined and legs tangled together with your head on her chest. You were already close to crying as you heard her heart beating. "I love you." But after saying those words, the three little words that gave you a large impact, was enough for your tears to fall.

 

Your grip on her hand loosened as you bury your face to her neck. Irene could feel her shirt grow wet and quickly looked at you, her face painted with worry as she held you closer. "Jagiya, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Irene asks while tilting your head up with her other hand. She gently wiped your tears before sitting up with you on her lap.

 

"I... I..." You look down and she kisses your head before pulling you against her chest. "Shh... It's alright. Don't cry. Unnie is here." She continued to whisper sweet words in your ear, which made things a bit harder for you. "SM appa... He talked to me earlier." This alarmed the girl as she looked at you and you took in a deep breath before speaking again.

 

"I'm not part of... Girls' Generation anymore." You saw her eyes widen, shock and confusion mixed as she tried to process what you said. "W-Wae? What happened?" At this, you knew you wouldn't be able to handle this well. "Unnie... I'm leaving for America." Irene becomes even more puzzled as she stares at you, trying to understand what you're saying. "You think we'll have a long distan-"

 

You shake your head at that and bite your lip. "It's permanent, unnie..." You inform her in a hushed tone. "What? Then how will we..." You show her a grim face before finally saying those six painful words. "Unnie, we need to break up." And that's the time her eyes glisten in tears.

 

"B-But baby... Wae?" Her voice cracks slightly and she takes your hand, squeezing it, and you squeeze back. "I don't want to do this, either, unnie. But I have to. SM appa said that I will transfer to the shared branch in America, where I'll start as a new solo artist. Unnie, I'm not coming back." You told her and a single tear escapes her eyes.

 

You then told her about everything that happened in the office, about the sales, Girls' Generation and Jessica, along with the suggestion of going to America. "I'm sorry, but I have to let you go. If I come back and we still have this..."

 

"Why... Why do you ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter