{Chapter 62 - Jealousy} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--------------------------------------

"Mommy," Adam gently tugged my sleeve, his doe eyes staring back at mine "Can I tell you something?" I tilted my head and listened "What is it?" We were walking down the streets, heading over to his kindergarten. 

"I like it when daddy makes you smile, even if it's in secret." He said and quickly dashed towards his homeroom teacher. Adam smiled and waved at me before he completely left me in such dumbfounded state. I chuckled, shaking my head; that kid is unbelievable, and that kid is mine. I love him so much. 

Not long after that, I felt my phone buzzing in my bag; I fished it out and it was a text coming from Kris himself. 

"Care to join me for breakfast?" The message reads. 

I contemplate over the invitation, staring at the phone as if the answer would write on its own; I sighed and texted back "Sure." I could have declined the offer, but I wanted this relationship to work as well; partly because of Adam, thus I'm willing to make it work, if Kris is willing to work for it too. Another message arrived, with the address in tow. With a positive vibe and an open-minded thought, I headed down to the assigned destination. 

Kris greeted me with a smile, "Hey, I was kind of scared that you were going to blew me off. But I should never doubt you." I took a seat on a chair across of him.

"I'm a woman of my word." I shrugged slightly, "So, what are you having?" I asked. His eyes widened at the fact that I was directly talking to him. 

Kris fumbled with the menu, "Um...I'm having French toast with scrambled eggs and sausage on the sides. You?" I nodded my head, I scanned the menu again because I was going to have that, and I don't want to have the same thing.

"I'll have waffles with chocolate topping." I closed the menu. Kris called the waitress over and ordered. The table was quiet whilst waiting for the food to come. 'I hate this!' I sighed silently.

"How are you?" He asked, eyes concerned. I gave the are-you-kidding-me look, "You saw Adam and I yesterday, how did you think we look?" I shot. 

Kris cleared his throat, nodding his head "You guys look well, but I'm not with you at night, so I have to know." I raised an eyebrow, sassy enough for him to back off "We are fine at night as well. Don't worry about me, just worry about yourself and Adam." 

"Are you seeing anyone?" He questioned, sounded almost serious this time. I poked my inside cheek, slightly annoyed by his questions "If I did, you would be the first one to know; besides Vicky."

Before he could ask me anything or say another word, the food came. Thank God! We ate in silence as well because if he was to ask another question, I'm going to have to waste this waffles on his big head.

When we're done with breakfast, which I paid for mine and he paid for his; probably he didn't want the same thing happened last time we were out. Kris took me to his office, another one of Wu's building that had expanded to the western countries lately. This new building isn't that far from the famous Central Park.

All of his staff greeted him with a smile and a handshake; the girls, well, you know how they are when they know their CEO is young and handsome. They get too annoying and obsessive. 

The blondes, brunettes, red headed girls took their chances and eyed me down like a hawk, not letting me off of their radar; probably speaking of ill things behind my back already. I'm his ex you witch! I wanted to shout so badly, but hey, I was his ex by contract; our relationship was as fake as these girls' s. Just sayin'

"Mr. Wu. You have an appointment in 5 minutes. I've prepared everything in the meeting room." This jet black hair girl walk side by side with him while I was in tow behind this ogre. Kris nodded his head; then I realized that his hair had grew, which made him looked so young. How will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter