{Chapter 17 – Confining One Self} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Birdy - People Help The People}

------------------------------------------------

For the last few days, Suri had been doing nothing but locking herself up in the room, crying herself to sleep, regretting the last glance she took at Luhan at the dinner, and hated her past that decided to pay her a visit these days.

She called into her work sick, telling them that hopefully she’ll be back next week. Her manager surprisingly replied to her “It’s okay, just take as many rest as you want and get well.”

Her manager is a nice employer but not to that point where he could say “Take as many rests as you want.” Must be Kris’s influenced, Suri thought curtly, but she’ll take this advantage for once because she couldn’t bring herself up on her feet, yet.

Kris noticed the difference in Suri lately, she doesn’t come out to eat like she’d normally do, and the living room became cold and quieter like it was before Suri moved in.

Every night, on his way to his office, he’d pass by Suri’s room, he had the urge to knock on the door and ask if she was okay, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

He would then kept pacing side by side, worried that maybe she might have passed out in that room for days now, and he doesn’t know about it.

Kris quickly dismissed the awful thought and head over to the kitchen to make something.

Suri still comes out of her room to eat, but she would do all that after she knew that Kris had really gone to sleep.

Sleeping had been a nuisance lately, every time she closes her eyes, her mind would go back to the moment she was still in high school, where everything in her life was a mess.

The dark circles under her eyes were starting to get worse, plus it kept getting puffier every time she cried.

Suri buried her face in the pillow and screamed, she can’t take this anymore, she needs to get out of this place or she’ll go mental.

She crawled to the corner of the room, hugging her knees to her chest and sobbed ‘What is wrong with me?’ Questioning her own sanity, what has she become?

‘This is not the strong Suri I build few years ago, where did she go?’ Talking to herself was nowhere getting herself better, but it helps sometimes.

The room was too big for her liking; the loneliness in her kept creeping back to her, wishing that she have someone out there where she could run to and cry on their shoulder, but no, fate decided that she’s strong enough to handle this alone.

But she’s not strong enough to be honest, she’s just like every other girl who needs a shoulder to cry on, and someone to hold her and tell her that they’ll work it out together and tell her that everything will be okay again.

Suddenly a knock on the door pulled her deep thoughts back on earth, into the room. Suri wiped her tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter