{Chapter 27 – Family Dinner} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{No BGM}

------------------------------------------------

“Where are you going babe?” Nara pouted, drawing nonexistent patterns on his forearm. Kris took her hand, caressing it gently as if she’s a fragile little thing “I have to go home now. My family is on their way to my penthouse.”

Nara pouted like a spoiled brat again “What are they doing there?” Kris tucked strands of her hair behind her ear “Family dinner.”

She pulled her hand from his, folding it over her chest, looking upset for some reason. “What now?” Kris asked.

“Nothing.” She said.

Kris chuckled “Come on baby, you can’t stay mad at me forever.” Nara glanced at him then huffed

“Fine! I’m just jealous.”

He chuckled again “Of what?” Nara clicked her tongue at the top of “Of her. Don’t ask why. You know the answer to that. And the need I remind you that that girl is just another gold digger?”

Kris shook his head, amused “Yes, you’ve told me that a million times now. But wow! I’ve never seen you jealous before.” Nara whined “Stop it.”

“Don’t be jealous. My marriage is going to last for a year only, I suppose.” He said. Nara raised an eyebrow “You suppose?”

He shrugged “If my parents doesn’t ask for anything else, it’ll only be a year.” The girl was about to say something else, but he cut her to it “But, don’t you worry, once I divorce her, I’ll scoop you off your feet and marry you.”

Nara’s eyes gleamed with excitement “Really?” Kris nodded his head, so sure of his plan. Nara squealed and hopped onto Kris’s lap, wrapping her arms around his neck “Your amazing babe.”

Kris furrowed slightly at the reply, he thought she’d say she loves him or something, but none of that came out of her. However, he didn’t stress about it much.

“I have to go now. You’ll be fine on your own right?” Kris asked before walking over to his car. Nara nodded her head cheerily.

Once he was in the car, his phone rang. He rolled his eyes as soon as he saw Suri’s name blinking on the screen of his phone.

“What?” He snapped. Suri stuttered “Y-Your family is already here. What do I say?” she whispered on the other end of the line.

After the incident that happened last week, Suri and Kris have been avoiding each other. Even though both of them would accidentally bump into one other on the way to the kitchen, they would still ignore each other’s presence. 

He rolled his eyes again “Just make something up! Like I’m still in a meeting or there’s a traffic jam or something! Gosh! I’ll missed call you once I’m there.”

“Okay. I know you’re in a hurry, but please drive safely.” Suri said in her gentlest tone ever. Kris froze a little (not in a bad way) he didn’t even realized that Suri had ended the call.

His car was still parked in the parking lot; he sat back on the seat of the car, comparing Suri and Nara individually on their behavior, attitude, and personality. There was a huge difference.

Kris was too deep in thoughts that he didn’t notice there was a new message waiting to be open. His phone vibrated again, finally it caught his attention.

“I know you’re not in a meeting. Where are you? How dare you tell Suri to make excuses on your behalf?” Knowing Mrs. Wu personally, especially if she’s your mother, she’ll chop your tongue off if she caught you lying to her.

‘!’ Kris cursed. “I was in a meeting, now I’m on the way home. There’s a traffic jam here. 10 minutes top, I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter