{Chapter 61 - Try Again} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--------------------------------------

"Adam, stop running around!" I scolded the boy. He gave me his signature puppy look; I swear this kid will be the death of me. "Yes, mother dear," and he's sarcastic too, no wonder why people say we're so much alike. 

Vicky, Luhan and I were busy preparing for Adam's 6th birthday party over the large balcony Luhan's apartment possessed. I tie a strand of balloon per chair so that each kid have their own balloon.

The doorbell rang after we had organized everything. Adam ran towards the front door, squealing excitedly. He opened the door to have Kris standing in front of it looking handsome as always. He was wearing a rolled up sleeves black and red checkered button up shirt with a loose denim jeans, and a pair of converse; he looked very young and carefree in this image. 

I felt Vicky nudging my side, which I mindlessly glanced over "What?" Vicky sniggered, shaking her head with such amused in her eyes and walked away. What was that about? I frowned. 

"I think she's trying to tell you to stop staring at me." He said; making me flustered and I hadn't realized that he was standing that close to me, I stepped away and continue doing whatever that is I have to do. Not far from me, I heard Adam chuckling; I don't know if that was for me or was it he got a present from his dad.

His dad? That really sound foreign, but I have to get used to it because he's going to be around for a long time. And not long after Kris arrived, Adam's friends started arriving as well. 

The kids were running around, laughing and screaming with excitement in their voice. Parents were busy on the side, talking to each other. When it was the cake cutting time, everyone gathered around the table and sang the birthday song and wished Adam a happy birthday. Adam thanked everyone for being at his birthday party and he thanked his friends for the presents. 

Just as everyone was getting tired, Adam's friends left with a smile on their faces. And Adam fell asleep, Vicky had tucked him in bed; Luhan had gone to throw away the trash, thus leaving Kris and I alone together, I need to leave. "Hey, would you like to grab a coffee or something with me?" He ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter