{Chapter 21 – Change} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Nell - Cliff Parade} :/

----------------------------------------------

“Oh my God Suri! You look beautiful.” Kris’s mother said dreamily, her hands clasped at the bottom-left of her chin.

The ladies had gone back to the wedding dress shop for their last fitting of the gown. The moment Suri laid her eyes on the dress she’s wearing on now, she wanted to buy it on the spot, but then remembered that she didn’t have any money.

But when Kris’s mother said she’ll buy it for her, Suri felt bad almost immediately, she couldn’t sleep that night.

MeiLi had told her that the cost of the dress was nothing. But that nothing was Suri’s entire savings, that’s how much the dress cost.

Suri had mentioned of paying MeiLi back, but the lady refused to listen to her gibberish. Up till today, Suri still feels bad about her temporary-mother-in-law paying for her dress.

What if once the secret spilled? What will happen? She will have to pay back for the dress; she didn’t want to be in debt to anyone. The habit she had taught herself in the past 21 years, to pay someone back when that someone had paid for her beforehand.

Every night before she goes to sleep, she had asked herself ‘How am I going to save up if I stop working?’ thinking ‘Working extra shift at School Food isn’t going to cut it for the dress alone.’

While busy raking her brains out, trying to find a solution, she couldn’t find her peace to sleep. She went to work tired and sleepy, but no matter what, she pushed herself to work harder.

Now that she’s dragged to the last fitting of the dress, she felt like she was about to passed out. Suri smiled weakly at both of the Mrs. Wu.

The dress finally clung to her body, not so much. The dress didn’t look so over the top nor did it look so casual, it was perfect.

“I don’t get why other girls would prefer y wedding dresses over elegance like this.” Grandma Wu scowled at the girl on the small platform not far from them.

The girl rolled her eyes, seemingly to have heard the old lady talking about her; she huffed down the platform to change into a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter