{Chapter 41 – Getting Over the Past, Again} (E)

Suri [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Katy Perry - Unconditionally}

------------------------------------------------

Suri woke up the next day searching for that specific warmth beside her, but there was nothing and it was cold.

Her eyelids gradually lift opened, to find no one by her side but pillows. She pouted, getting up, leaving the bed to look for her hubby.

No one was in the penthouse except her. Suri grumbled in annoyance and head to the bathroom for a relaxing shower.

Later on, she went to the kitchen and found a yellow sticky note on the door of the fridge, it was written “Good morning babe~ I’m sorry I didn’t wake you up, you look so beautiful when you were sleeping, I just couldn’t bear to. I had to leave early because I had a meeting set up early. I’ll see you later okay. Call me! I love you~ ♥”

Suri couldn’t help it but to smile, suddenly her cheeks blushed as she remembered what she had said to Kris last night. She beamed in glee.

The clock on the wall had struck noon, and Suri was getting hungry since she didn’t take breakfast. She thoughtfully tapped her lips before picking her phone up.

She dialed in the Wu’s mansion number, waited on couple of rings until finally someone answered it “Hello, this is the Wu’s mansion. Who is this?”

“Uh…Is this Mrs. Jung? I’m Suri. Is Mama Wu home?” She said.

Mrs. Jung nodded on the other line “Ah, young miss. Yes, Madam Wu is home. Would you like to talk to her?”

Suri pressed her lips into an irritated line; she doesn’t like being called such as ‘young miss’ she needed to talk to Mrs. Jung soon about that. “Yes please. Thank you Mrs. Jung.”

The line went quiet for a moment until another picked it up “Suri, honey!” Suri smiled “Hi mama.”

Mama Wu chuckled “I’m guessing the dinner went great.” Suri nodded to herself “Yes, and I want to thank you for everything.”

“It was nothing. I’m glad I helped. It was fun; reminded me of my young days with Papa.” Mama Wu smiled “And I’m betting there’s a new family member on the way?”

Suri’s eyes widened, cheeks red like a tomato “W-What?” She laughed in an embarrassed manner “No, nothing yet. I’m just waiting for the right moment.”

Mama Wu clicked her tongue playfully “Last night was perfect honey.” Suddenly Suri felt a little pressured by this indirect message of a baby matter.

Suri chuckled nervously, quickly changing to a different topic “Mama, can I come over?”

“Yea! You didn’t need to call and ask, just come. This house is your home as well now. And Grandma Wu would be delighted to have you over.” Mama Wu said with a smile “Do you need me to send a driver for you?”

Suri shook her head “No it’s fine, I’ll just inform Kris where I’ll be for the rest of the day, so he doesn’t come home in a panic mode.” Mama Wu nodded her head “Alright, we’ll be waiting for you.” Both of them ended the call at that.

Suri called Kris next. She waited on couple of rings as well.

“Hey gorgeous, miss me already?” Kris answered, laughing at his own joke. Suri rolled her eyes, chuckling “That was a cringing moment.”

Kris pouted “I’m hurt.” Suri laughed “Yes, fine, I miss you. You should’ve woken me up before you left, I woke up sulking.”

“Aww, okay, I promise I’ll wake you up next time.” He smiled; he had put his work on pause from the moment Suri called.

Suri hummed playfully “And I remembered you promised to take me shopping today, but I see that you’re very busy.”

She could hear Kris gasped a little, and knew he forgot. “I’m so sorry babe; I’ll make it up to you tomorrow.”

Suri sighed inwardly “Okay~ Well, I just called you to tell you that I’m spending my day at your family’s house.”

Kris sighed as well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter