When your car breaks down

Suho One Shots

 

“I’m tired.” Suho muttered quietly and you gave him a pity look. Of course he was tired, he had been gone from home for about two months and he had given a different concert every day. If he wasn’t tired then there would be something wrong. You quickly took one of his bags from his hands, although he immediately protested. “It’s heavy! I can wear it, you don’t have to do it.” He said as he wanted to take the bag from you again but you quickly changed hands so he couldn’t reach it anymore. “It’s not that heavy at all, besides you’ve got so many things you have to cary already. It’s fine, I’ll cary this one.” You said and he shot you a lovingly smile, secretly grabbing your hand inside of his while walking towards the exit of the airport. He wasn’t someone who used a lot of intimacy when you weren’t at home, but you had missed him to much that you held his hand tightly in yours, not caring if anyone could see it. 

 

 

“Thanks for coming to pick me up today. I really missed you so much.” He squeezed your fingers slightly and you could only smile at him like an idiot. It wasn’t normal how much you had longed to see him again. You had counted the days and the big circle on today’s date had always seemed so far away. Today you had been cleaning the house like a crazy person to make sure that everything would be tidy if he came home and you had made his favorite food. You had had to do something to keep yourself busy because otherwise you would’ve lost your mind. “I missed you too.” You pouted and leaned against his side, but sadly enough a bag stopped you from hugging him. When you walked outside together a shiver ran down your spine. When you had arrived here today you hadn’t noticed how cold it actually was since you had been too excited to see your boyfriend again. But right now the cold air seemed to blow straight through your thin jacket which you hugged closer around yourself. 

 

 

Suho let go of your hand and you saw how he loosened up his big scarf before circling it around your neck, burying your face in the soft fabric. “This is why I worry so much about you when I’m gone.” He said and you shot him an apologetic expression. You both knew that sometimes you could be a little reckless and that sometimes it turned out that you weren’t prepared for certain things, for example the bad weather. But when you had left your apartment this morning the only thing you had been thinking of was that Suho would be back home and you had kind of forgotten about getting dressed properly. You smiled when he kissed the top of your head and then grabbed your free hand and put it on the pocket of his coat. You could see he was wearing a thick sweater underneath it so you were sure he wasn’t as cold as you were. Then the two of you continued your walk towards the car where you opened the trunk to get his luggage in. 

 

 

He demanded you to get into the car and warm up the car so you wouldn’t get sick tomorrow while he loaded his things and before you knew it he was sitting next to you in the passenger seat. You were so glas you had agreed to picking him up so that you didn’t have to wait even longer to see him. You both smiled at each other as you placed your hands on the steering wheel and stared at him. It had been much too long since you had been able to stare into those two beautiful eyes in person, because through the TV screen wasn’t the same. With a shy look he leaned over and pressed his lips tightly on yours, your two frozen noses touching each other. The kiss only lasted a second because you knew he was waiting until you two would arrive home, but when he pulled back there was a content expression on his face. “Let’s go home.” You said as you started the engine and drove off the parking lot, finally taking your boyfriend with you again after such a long time. 

 

 

Even though he was exhausted he continued to talk about his tour. He told you about the others and how much they had missed you as well and that they wanted you to step by on the dorm tomorrow. He told you about the fans and the big moments he had had during the tour and about all the countries he had visit. He talked about the people he had met and about how much he had missed you over the time. You listened carefully to him, taking in all his words as if your brain was a sponge. It was so greta to hear his voice beside you again and you wished he’d never have to leave again. But it wouldn’t be long before his next tour would arrive and you didn’t even want to imagine to have to miss him again. He asked you about your time at home and you gave him some detail, though you knew your life at home wasn’t as interesting as all the things he had gone while he had been gone. Still he seemed to be very interested in what you saw and he gave you a careful look as you spoke, making you blush slightly. You weren’t used to this kind of attention anymore. 

 

 

You were both laughing about something when suddenly the car made a weird shocking movement and then stopped completely. None of you said a word as you tried to proceed what had just happened and it turned totally silent inside of the car. “What the hell.” You said as you turned the key in the contact and heard the car make some horrible noises before it fell still again. You pounded your hands against the wheel in vexation, out of all those moments the car was deciding to give up right now? “You’ve got to be kidding me!” You were starting to get angry and Suho quickly hushed you beside him by placing one of his hands on your knees. “I’ll go take a look.” He said and stepped out of the car, but as well you as him knew that he didn’t know anything about cars. He’d never be able to find the mistake and even if he did then he’d never be able to fix it. With a deep sigh you checked your petrol tank, seeing that it was still full since you had filled it up this morning. 

 

 

Great, you were stuck in the middle of nowhere and there weren’t any other cars around at the moment which meant there was no one who could help you. The only thing you had wanted to do today was get your boyfriend home, get into your comfy clothes and lie in the couch while cuddling the life out of him. But now you were stuck and it didn’t look like any of you two could solve this problem. You were specialized in psychology, not mechanism and your singing idol beside you was amazing at his job, but he didn’t have a clue about cars. When Suho got back into the car he had a sad expression on his face and he closed the door quickly, letting no cold into the still warm car. The question was of course how long it would still be like that since the heating didn’t work anymore. “I honestly have no idea what’s going on. Everything looks fine, but I haven’t seen a car on the inside so many times before… Maybe we should just call a mechanic and ask someone to pick us up.” You nodded and you obliged to call your friend while he said to call the mechanic, and you both did your part. 

 

 

“She’s still at work so she’ll be here in about an hour.” You said as you hung up the phone and he let out a assenting hum. “The mechanic will be here as fast as possible and he’ll check if he can fix the car here or if he’ll take it.” Suho informed your about his phone call afterwards and you nodded, letting out a deep, displeased sigh. This wasn’t how you had wanted this day to expired, you had had so many different and better plans in your mind. But since you couldn’t change faith and you couldn’t do anything to make the situation any different you leaned back in your seat and stared out of the window, a moment of silence crawling over the two of you. You felt sorry for him as well, he had had a rough time and the only thing he still wanted to do was get home and relax but now he was stuck here. “I’m sorry.” You said and gave him an apologetic look. You had no idea if you were apologizing because your car broke down or because you had gotten his into this mystery but no matter what he didn’t seem to care. 

 

 

He smiled at you as he grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours, holding it tightly. It felt so good to have this kind of contact again after missing him for so long, it felt so good. “It doesn’t matter and it’s not your fault. Besides, if it’s at home or in this car, as long as I can be with you it’s fine.” Your cheeks burned because of his words, he could be such a flatterer from time to time but you loved it. “I had different plans for tonight though.” It came out only as a low mutter so you weren’t sure if he had heard it. But when he looked at you with a curious look on his face it made you giggle. “Like what?” He asked as he played with your fingers and you peacefully watching how they fitted together. “I made your favorite food and after we were done eating I wanted to let you take a hot bath and then I wanted to cuddle with you.” It made you shy to confess it to him like that, so directly. But when you saw how it made a smile travel over his face your heart seemed to flutter. 

 

 

“Well, we can still cuddle though, we just don’t have the food and the hot bath.” He opened the door of his side and got out of the car, leaving you confused. You watched him getting out of the car, leaving you all by yourself. when he saw you weren’t coming after him he stuck his head back inside, looking at you as if you were crazy. “What are you waiting for? Let’s sit in the backseat.” He said and you chuckled while shaking your head. This guy was sometimes the cutest thing walking around on this planet. You loosened your seat belt and opened the door, feeling the cold air hit you again. It was only when you closed the door that you could see the white flakes whirl down so they landed on the windshield of your car and in your hair. With a wonderingly expression and your mouth open you looked up to the sky, seeing how snow started to fall down. You hated the winter, but you loved snow because you thought it always made everything look magical. “Yah, are you still coming in?” Suho asked, opened the door of the backseat for you to get in. As you stepped into the car you were still looking outside, admiring the wonderful view. 

 

 

As you both sat in the car Suho pulled you closed to him and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, cuddling you against him. While looking through the window you tried to get as close to him as you possibly could and laid your head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. It would still be a while before someone would get here to help you and at first that had seemed to be horrible. But now that you were sitting here like this beside your boyfriend, finally in his arms after missing him for so long with the snow slowly covering up your car, it didn’t seem that bad anymore. “I really missed you.” He whispered into your hair, taking in your smell as he also wrapped his other arm around you for a big hug. You dug your face into his coat, feeling as if you were one part of him. “I missed you too, but you’re here now.” You felt how he pressed a kiss on your forehead, making you look up at him. He stared into your eyes, and when you did you felt like coming home. There was something lovingly in his eyes when he lowered his face to yours and kissed your lips. Yeah,maybe this wasn’t so bad after all.

 

 


Requested by exosuho 1004