When he's not good with words

Suho One Shots

 

There you were again, in this boring class room where all people who were inside dreamt of being somewhere else but here. Many wanted to go back to bed and just sleep, while others wanted to flash themselves to their boyfriend or girlfriend and just relax a little. In other words, everywhere was better than here because who did like to go to school? Always those boring talks about something no one cared about and those stupid teachers who gave up much too much homework for the next day and with that ruined the day schedule that had already been planned and which mostly existed of sleeping, again. The life of a student was so hard but there was nothing that could be done about it, everyone needed a diploma to have a good life afterwards.
 

There was only one thing in this building that made this place a little bit more fun, and That were friends. They were the people who were able to make you laugh and smile during another horrible hour you had to spend in here and you were all suffering together. "Shouldn't you be paying attention? I think you could use the points." Suho mumbled as he disturbed your doodle session which you were having at the corner of his paper. While dropping your pencil you shot him a glare and he just gave you a shy smile. If you'd only see him you'd say that he is the most silent boy and that he was very sweet and caring but you had noticed that looks could lie. Of course Suho was a great guy and he was very well mannered and nice but sometimes he could have a sharp tongue and you had the feeling he was only being like that towards you and not to others.

 

Sometimes you had already wondered if there was a chance that he could hate you, but after some thinking you knew that was impossible. After all if he would hate you he wouldn't always come sit next to you in class and ask you to go to the library with him. He always came to you if he wanted to talk with someone or if he was boring, so if he would hate you he wouldn't do that. But then what was the reason that he acted so strange around you? It wasn't as if his words had already hurt your feelings a lot but he was hitting your ego each time he said something like that, and you didn't like that at all.Because you thought that Suho was actually a nice guy you hadn't said anything about it to him yet, maybe he didn't mean for those things to hurt you and he thought it was funny. But from the first time you had met him you had already noticed that he wasn't that good with words, that what he actually wanted to say always came out other than he had planned or meant to say it, so you forgave him for it. Not like everyone else you were able to look past all those little mistakes and you saw that Suho was actually a really good man and he only wanted the best for the people around him, and that made him special.

 

As you tried to concentrate on what the teacher was saying you chewed on the tip of your pencil just a little, to have something to do. Of course you knew that your neighbor was watching you and that he disapproved what you were doing, he proved that thought when he pulled the pencil away from your lips and gave you a weird look. "Don't do that _______-ah, do you know how dirty that looks to others?" and there he was again, another hit for you to take and you had to try not to take it too personal but that was hard sometimes. What was he trying to say, that you were a dirty person and that other people didn't like to look at you? He probably didn't even mean it like that and he hadn't thought about it in that kind of way but that was the way that came over to you. Since the very beginning of high school and puberty you had never been very secure about yourself and your body so it was hard ti hear someone else say those kind of things about you.

 

"You're a Meany Suho-ah." You said with a pout as you put your pencil back into your case and stared ahead, not seeing the questioning look he was giving you now that you had said that. It wasn't like you to react like this and you knew this must be weird to him but slowly you were getting enough of his behavior and truly you just wanted to tell him what you thought about the way he spoke to you, but you just couldn't make yourself do that. Only the thought that you could possibly hurt his feelings made you feel bad and it didn't matter how many times he hurt yours, you just couldn't do it. A few times before you had questioned yourself if you didn't have to think about yourself for this one time and your feelings, but you weren't like that. To you the feelings of another person were more important to your own and you didn't want to hurt someone because that would make you a bad person.

 

Then class was finally over and the teacher left, making room for the one of the next hour to arrive. Actually you were so done with this for today and you just wanted to leave, but it wasn't worth to stay in detention for that. You leaned back in your chair and watched how Lay suddenly turned towards you in his seat in front of yours while shooting you a big smile which you could only answer with the same expression. Lay a friend of Suho and had become a friend of yours, he was such a nice kid and you loved to hang out with him. He was so cute and he always seemed to smile no matter what and that made that he could always make you smile too. "_______-ah, would you like to go out with me once?" He asked and you were left dumbfounded for a second, not believing he was asking you this. Lay had been your best friend for some time now and from the beginning you had made clear to him that there would be no other feelings involved, but it seemed as if he had forgotten that.

 

"You want to date her?" Suho then said beside you, putting some extra stress on the last word, almost making it sound as if he should be embarrassed about it and it was a real shock he would want to date someone like you. With wide eyes you looked at him, how could he say something mean like that? He made you feel as if you were too ugly and as if you weren't good enough, you felt deeply offended and humiliated because he said something like that. The things he had said before had been bad but now he had seriously crossed the line, a line you wouldn’t let him cross just like that. You glared at him with teary eyes and Lay quickly turned around, sensing that he could better back out of this conversation because it wasn't going to be a good one.

 

"Listen Suho, I know you think I'm ugly and stupid and stuff like that but that doesn't give you the right to say something like that to me. I don't understand you, you always come to me but it's clear by the things you always say to me that you don't like me. So instead of being so mean to me all the time why won't you just stay the hell away from me?" It was known to you that your words were hurtful and you could also read it off his face since his expression had changed from a disbelieving one into a sad one, but you didn't care about that anymore. When the teacher came in you left him there like that and you turned around with a cold look on your face, even scaring the teacher with it. It was only in the half of the class when Suho found the courage to shove a note on your book which he wanted you to read.
 

At first you didn't, you were too angry to read his explanation for his idiotic behavior, but after some time your curiosity grew and you picked up the folded paper and looked at what he had written. Your eyes widened a little as they read the lines that stood down there in his beautiful and neat hand writing. 'I'm sorry _______-ah. I didn't mean to say it like that but each time I want to talk to you my words just don't come out the way I want them to. And when Lay asked you it, I just freaked out a bit because the truth is that I really like you and I'm always very nervous around you about what to say to you. I'm normally not this mean and I didn't mean anything I said. Will you please give me another change?' After reading the note and being surprised by what it actually said your eyes him sideways before grabbing your pencil, answering it and giving it back to him. He smiled as he saw what you wrote back to him. "I do forgive you, but only if I can be your girlfriend..."

 


Requested by winterleaf