When he needs a shoulder to cry on

Suho One Shots

 

You were looking down on the beautiful flowers which you were holding in both of your hands. It had been Amber her favorite flowers, you had never forgotten. She had once told you that on one of your birthday parties, when you had got them from your friend.


You came here often, just to clear your mind and to forget all the troubles around you. This was one of these places where you didn't have to care and could just be yourself. And the thing was that you could come here whenever you wanted and each time it would give you that same feeling of peace. It was the only place where you could still talk to her, the only place where you felt physically close to your one and only best friend Amber, and that place was no better than the graveyard.


Amber had died a couple months ago, because of cancer. She had been a real fighter but eventually she had had to give up her battle. You had went to visit her at the hospital every day. During those times it had become your second home. At first you had been really sad when she dhad died but now you had found peace with it and you were happy that she was no longer in pain and that she was now a little star in the sky. 


So now that you couldn't visit her anymore in the hospital you just came here. Some people would give you weird stares, but you couldn't care less. You felt better because of the conversations you had with Amber, even though it was a monologue. You stepped onto the same path as you normally did, followed it to the bench you normally sat on. 


You were surprised when you saw it was taken already. There was a guy sitting on it, his face in his hands and his body looking a little down, but no one came here if they were happy right? You hesitated at first but then just walked up to him, stopping a little in front of him. "E-excuse me?" You stuttered, not knowing or it was right to talk to him or not. At the sound of your voice his head shot up and he looked a little startled. You apologized to him with your eyes and hoped he would get the message. His face soon changed and he pressed out a small smile, but it never reached his eyes.
 

"Can I sit next to you?" You asked and he seemed a bit confused ar first as he stared to the place next to him on the bench. "Sure, please do." He then motioned that you could take place. You sat down with a little puff and stared ahead, your thoughts having their own little party inside of your head. "Who are the flowers for?" You jumped a little when he spoke softly and turned your head so you could look at him. "They're for my friend, her name is...was Amber." You corrected and the lips of the boy formed a straight line. "I'm sorry." He muttered but you shook your head, not wanting him to feel guilty. "It's okay, I've accepted it now." 


He nodded but didn't seem to understand what you meant. "What do you mean, you accepted it?" You shrugged and laced your fingers together on your lap, staring down on them silently before anwsering. "She was in a lot of pain. Her life is better now she is up there with all the other angels." You knew you must sound rediculous but he smiled, seeming happy with your anwser. "I'm Suho."  He threw in between the conversation and you giggled. "I'm ________." You said while looking to Amber her picture. 


"So, you're here to visit you friend?" He asked and you nodded as you stood up and placed the flowers on her grave. "Yeah, I come here more often. What about you? Who are you visiting?" He remained quiet for a whole time and you wondered if you had said something wrong. It didn't seem as if he wanted to talk about. But eventually he sighed and looked up to the sky, as i fhe didn't know where else to look. "My grandfather died one week ago." You pouted and shook your head. "The best ones always leave too soon." You whispered and he nodded, agreeing with that statement. 


A silence slipped over the two of you, but this time it was feeling a little more natural. You stared to the stone with a picture of an old man on it, he looked like a very nice man. You looked back up at Suho when you heard him sniff and saw that a single tear rolled down his cheek. He didn't look back at you, probably embarrassed for crying just like that but you completely understood. You knew how miserable it was to lose someone you really cared about and you had cried too, a lot. 


So you did the thing that felt right for you to do. You pulled his head on your shoulder and patted his back. Suho's body tensed against yours, not realizing what you were trying to do but then he relaxed. He sobbed softly in the crook of your neck while you whispered in his ear that it was alright and that it was all going to be okay. After a while he stopped crying and he straightened up again. "God, I'm sorry." He chuckled while wiping his tears away with the back of his hands. "Don't mention it, I know what you're going through." 


He nodded and then with a big sigh he stood up from the small bench and turned his body towards yours. "Would it be wrong from me to treat you on some coffee and to get to know you?" He asked and you shook your head with a giggle. "No, I think that's okay." You smiled and walked next to him. Seemed like this place had a lot to offer...