When you reject him

Suho One Shots

 

It was one of those days again, when you were never able to remember what you had already done today and what you still had to do, just because you had already done so many different things today and you didn’t knew what you had already finished and not. It was just one of those days where you were running around like a chicken without a head because there were so many things you had to do and you had to make sure you’d get everything done today, because otherwise your boss wouldn’t be happy. He wouldn’t kill you like he would do against other employs which already made you a little less stressed because he had a very loud voice and could scream very hard if he wanted to. But he would tell you once again that he was disappointed into the fact that he had trusted you to do this because you thought you were good enough for the job and you hadn’t been able to do it.
 

And the number one thing that an employ wanted was a boss that was happy with her work and which he knew he could count on, one that he could be proud of. You loved your job even though many people would call you crazy for that because they couldn’t be sit behind a desk all day looking through different papers and answering phones. But you really enjoyed it because it was a spot where you could do all your work peacefully without having anyone around you who could possibly disturb you and make that you had to work longer hours. Also you weren’t such a social butterfly and you loved to be by yourself, no complaining and no drama, just silence and peace.

 

That of course didn’t mean that you didn’t have any friends, you had many friends but most of them were all guys. You couldn’t be friends with girls, and definitely not if they had the same kind of personality as you, the only thing you would do was fight with them because they were just too dramatic and too girly for you. With guys you could at least have some more fun and they could handle something, you didn’t have to think before you said something because they wouldn’t mind if you would say something to tease them, with girls that would be a complete different story. You liked the people you hung out with and you thought they were the best friends in this world, you wouldn’t want to replace them by anyone. Boys also said the truth about how you looked and didn’t try to flower things up, they were honest and they told you how it really was, even about your romance life and you really appreciated that about them.

 

There was only one girl in this building who you were just as close with as you r guy friends, maybe a little closer if you thought about the things the two of you talked about, because that were the subjects you couldn’t talk about with your guy friends. Her name was Min Young and she had been working here just as long as you, the two of you had come in at the same period and maybe it was that that made the two of you feel banded to each other. The thing that you liked so much about her was that she completed you, you were all the things she wasn’t and she was all the things you weren’t, and that was what made your friendship that strong. For the past three years the two of you had gone shopping together, relaxing together, you had even started to go sporting together twice a week just so you could spend some more time together outside of work.

 

It was something you never would have thought in the beginning but now that you had one you actually liked having a girl friend, at least you could talk with her about the boys that you liked or of who you thought they were hot, that was something you couldn’t tell to your guy friends because you’d be too embarrassed for that. But Min Young seemed to understand you and luckily for you she didn’t have the same taste in men so you wouldn’t fall for the same one. “Why are you stressing so much to get all of this finished, it’s not like Suho-shi will say something about it to you. The least one he would fire of us is you.” Min Young said as she sat down on the chair on front of your desk and you rolled your eyes at her with a slight smile after looking at her grin. You had talked about this before but she just kept starting this discussion over and over again, you couldn’t seem to change her mind about this whole situation and you didn’t understand where she got it from.

 

“Like I’ve said before, mister Kim will be just as angry at me as he would be at you if he hears that I didn’t do what he asked me to do. I don’t see why you should always think that, after all he doesn’t have any favorites.” When you said that you knew that it was a lie and you knew that she didn’t believe you and that she knew that you were telling her a big fat lie. Everyone in this entire building knew that your boss did have a favorite employ because after all he didn’t try very hard to hide and, and you all knew who that favorite one was. “If that’s truly what you believe…” Min Young still said in a sarcastic voice before standing up from her seat and going back to her desk that was a few meters away from yours. As you watched after her you hid your head together with your burning cheeks into your file and wished that it wouldn’t be that hard for you to deny. 

 

Of course the boss did like you and it wasn’t like you hadn’t noticed that before, you would have been stupid if you hadn’t noticed it yet. He always smiled at you and gave you the least work so that you could go home just a little earlier before the rest. Sometimes he would give you compliments on something that the person next to you had also done well and to her he wouldn’t say anything. Sometimes you could just feel him staring at you if you were in the coffee room to have your break and to have a cup of coffee. Of course everyone could see that mister Kim, or Suho as you all called him was extremely handsome, no one could deny that. He had a very great built body and also his way of dressing was very good, he was a very friendly and nice young man. But there was only one problem, and to you it was a very big problem and that was that he was almost ten years younger than you.

 

Even though he was much younger than you he was still twice as successful as you and yes, he was your boss, but it was still weird to think that he was in love with you. “______-shi, would you like to come to my office for a second please?” You heard and you looked up from your paper while dropping your pen and staring at the person who had just called out to you. Suho looked at you from the door opening of his office and you nodded at him before shoving your chair back and walking up to him. You looked at Min Young who’s desk you passed on the way and she shot you one of those innocent smiles that meant more than it said. While trying to hold in your own grin you walking into the room and heard that he closed the door behind you after you had come in completely. You stood still in front of his desk and wondered what this would be about, it wasn’t like you had done something wrong or at least that was what you thought.

 

“________-ah, have you finished the files that I’ve asked you to do yesterday?” He asked and he looked up at you with a smile, of course he knew that you had done that, he didn’t need to ask you that anymore. “Yes I did mister Kim, They’re lying on the top of the pile of the thing I’ve finished.” You smiled and he nodded with the same expression before it turned a little more serious. It was weird to see the atmosphere in between the two of you change so quickly and it didn’t really make you feel comfortable because you had no idea what was about to come now. Normally this was the moment he would sent you back off with a smiling face and would tell you to continue your good work, but today he didn’t seem as if he was ready yet and it looked as if he still wanted to say something else. He scratched the back of his neck while walking around his desk so that he was standing in front of you and you looked at him with a questioning look on your face.

 

“________-ah, actually there’s still something else I want to ask you. I’ve been wondering about if for a while but I didn’t know how I had to bring it up, but now I realized that there isn’t really a good moment for me to wait for, I just need to throw it out.” He started to mumble against himself and you didn’t knew if you had to interrupt him from it or not, but eventually you called his name and he looked up at you with a shyly expression. “I was wondering if you maybe…wanted to go out with me once?” He asked while his cheeks were burning and made his face look at red as a tomato. It somehow looked very cute, but that was all you could think about it and you felt really sorry about it. Awkwardly you looked at him and bit your lip, which made his face drop a little because he could see your doubt. “I’m sorry Suho-shi, but you’re my boss and you’re so much younger than me. It would be wrong for us to be together right?” You said and he nodded a little disappointed. “I hope this doesn’t change anything…” You mumbled and he shook his head. “No of course no! What do you say, shall we get some coffee together after work?” He asked and you gave him a thoughtful look before he said defendingly, “Just as friends of course.” And you smiled at him. “Okay, just as friends…” 

 


Requested by exosuho1004