When you're fighting with your parents

Suho One Shots

 

You were sitting at the table, across your parents. You were having a heated up discussion again about you and your studies. They had a problem with your art classes and wanted you to do something more ambitious. But what they of course didn't understand was that you liked what you were doing and liked art. They thought you had more chance on a well earning job when you would study law or medications, but you weren't interested in that. They thought that they knew what was the best for you but just like every parent who thought that they were totally wrong. You were so pissed that they acted like this, it was your life and you knew what you wanted and that was not going to study law or anything like that.
 

You were smart yes, and you knew that you were capable of doing it but you just wouldn't. Why would you do something you hated to do, why Would you do something you weren't interested in? You weren't going to let your parents win this time, not this time. For this time you were going to follow your heart and you would do this right. "You would be a great lawyer." Your father tried again, but you shot him a glare. "I don't want to be a lawyer." You weren't giving in and it was making him angry. Your mom stayed silent but her face said enough. "You're throwing away your changes!" You dad's voice raised and so did yours as you spoke again. "No, I'm not, I won't become a lawyer!" You stood up from your chair and walked off, but you heard your dad screaming after you. "You will regret it later!"
 

You walked into the restaurant, which was almost empty, only a few people were still sitting at a table. Desperate to find a peaceful place you just walked to the first door you saw and got in. You noticed you were in the kitchen but there were no chefs inside anymore. You placed your hands on the counter and let out a deep sigh. "Why do they always need to have it their way?" You muttered angrily, looking down on your fingers. "Who do?" You shrieked and turned towards the smooth voice coming from behind you. There was a guy standing there, probably around your age. He looked very friendly and had an attractive smile plastered on his face. "My parents..." You shrugged and leaned against the wall so you could keep looking at him. "They probably don't mean it in the wrong way." He said as he took a spunge and began to clean the kitchen.
 

You watched him carefully and he offered you another smile. "What are you doing in here?" He asked and that was a really good question of him. "Running away from my parents." He chuckled while shaking his head and you pouted. "Is it truly that bad?" You nodded firmly as you crossed your arms over your chest before you spoke again. "They want me to study law." You explained and his mouth formed a little round, telling you he was impressed. "But I want to study art." Then the form changed into a straight line as if he understood the problem. "And they think it is a waste." He finished and you nodded, confirming that he was right. "They just don't understand that I want to do what I want to do and not what will make me earn money in the future." You said and he nodded, motioning with his hand that you had to come closer.
 

You did and sat down on the floor just like he did. He let out a deep sigh and made himself comfortable. "I'm going to tell you my story. I'm not saying you should make your decision faced on that, but maybe it can help you." You opened your ears and waited for him to continue. "Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to become a chef. I loved food and I loved cooking so it was perfectly possible. Although, my parents wanted me to become a teacher at a university, but I never wanted that. I made my decision and did a cooking class, which made me what I am today, the guy who cleanes the kitchen and who doesn't touches the pot and pans enless if it is to clean them. But if I could go back in time, I would still make the same choice, because I may not earn much money, but I do am happy with what I do."
 

You absorbed his story like a sponge and stared at the side of his face. Not only was he very handsome, he had also reached his goal in life. This guy was someone to admire and to be proud of and you wouldn't understand his parents if they weren't. He then turned his head towards you and smiled. "I know it's just a silly experience but maybe it can be helpful to you sooner or later." He shrugged what made you smile too. "Thanks, I think it helped already." With a sigh he raised again and offered you his hand. You let him pull you up and kept holding his hand when he wanted to pull back.
 

"I'm ________." You said and his confused expression disappeared. "Kim Joonmyun." He replied and shook your hand. "So, Joonmyun, would you mind making me something to eat? I'm actually still quite hungry and something deep inside of me tells me that you are a great cook." He smirked as you sat down on a chair. "Anything for you beautiful, but there is one condition." You saw his teasing look so you innerly prepared yourself. "You have to sing me a song." You laughed as you shook your head. "Fine, that's a deal." You said, suddenly really happy that you had run to this kitchen.