When he asks you out

Suho One Shots

 

One coffee will be coming right away.” You said, writing it down in your little note book. By now you were already used to the long shifts and the busy days, since the cafe was always full with people. For some reason people found that the coffee you served here was the best one in the town, so everyone always came to get their coffee here. Business people who had to work overtime came to get some more energy, students came here because it was a nice place to study as well while they came for their drink, and people who just wanted to have a relaxing moment alone or with friends, to enjoy their little bit of caffeine. Ever since you had been going to collage you had been working here, since you needed some money to pay your studies. The band you had with your boss was quite good so he had decided to keep you, though your colleagues had changed from time to time. Now, you were working together with a sweet girl who had just turned eighteen. But she was only rolling into it, so she still made many mistake, which you always had to fix. 

 

 

So it was a stepping job. There were many people you had to please in a short amount of time, because some who came didn’t have a lot of time to get a drink. While being with two experienced employees, that wouldn’t be much of a problem, but right now you had the feeling as if you had to do the work of two persons instead of one. You quickly walked back behind the counter and started to make the coffee. One of the reasons that you loved working here was because you enjoyed meeting new friends, and sine there were so many people coming here, you would always have new social contacts. But also the smell of the fresh made coffee adored you. Of course you’d never stay here forever, as soon as you had your diploma, you’d go looking for something else. But for now you were happy here and the money it produced was good as well, so for now you had all you needed. 

 

 

The bell at the door rang again by the time you had finished the drink and you quickly handed it to your partner, knowing that someone had to stay behind to take the order. “Why don’t you take this to table four?” You said and she nodded at you, holding the cup tightly in both hands as she tried not to spill anything. That was one of the problems she had, she was so slow because she was so scared to do something wrong, it was annoying. To yourself you said that you were just like that in the beginning and that she would get there eventually. You looked up to the group of people that had come in and saw the boys standing at the entrance, trying to check if there was still a spot to sit. You didn’t have to think twice, you knew exactly who they were. It wasn’t every day that you got celebrities visiting your cafe. You noticed how some people began to stare at them and how they whispered. It was probably better if you’d just get these boys a seat as quickly as possible. 

 

 

“Hi! Welcome to our shop, shall I lead you to a table?” You asked as you smiled friendly at them. The boy who stepped closer to you with a polite smile on his face was clearly the leader of the group. “Do you have a free table somewhere at the back? It’s okay if you don’t, but it would just be a little bit more…comfortable.” Suho asked and you giggled slightly at his request. Of course they didn’t want to sit in the centre of the cafe, where everyone could see them and everything they did. “Sure, you may follow me.” You took the lead as you walked the boys through the room, towards the other side at a large table at the back, separated just a little bit more from the other tables. “Is this okay?” You asked and turned around to face them, some of them were already sitting down and smiled thankfully at you, thought Suho made a little bow for you and had a bright smile on his face. “It’s perfect, thank you.” He said and you could feel a little blush starting to form on your face. It wasn’t every day that you had the chance to talk to someone like him. 

 

 

“The cards are on the table. Just call me if you’re ready to order.” You said and then walked away, giving them some time to look what they wanted. Normally everyone ordered coffee, but sometimes there were some exceptions. Your partner walked over to you as you took place behind the counter again and looked around, checking if everyone had there drinks and you hadn’t forgotten anyone. “Oh my god, I can’t believe exo is here.” She peeped excitingly and you shot her a glare. You hated it if people couldn’t stay professional, you were also a fan but you hadn’t been like this from the moment you had seen them come in, had you? Why couldn’t she be like that as well? “Just treat them like you’d treat every other costumer.” You said, hoping that she’d understand that you didn’t want her to ask for a photograph or anything. They were here in their free time because they wanted to spend some moments together here, not because they wanted to be bothered by some other crazy fans. It was already bad enough that all the other people inside the shop couldn’t keep their eyes off them. 

 

 

She pouted slightly but nodded, letting you know that she understood. While smiling you patted her arm cheeringly, knowing that she would be disappointed if they’d leave without giving her an autograph. “Miss! We’re ready to order.” You rolled your eyes when you saw the head of your colleague pop up, but it immediately hung down again when she saw they were calling out for you. She mumbled something inaudible as you walked by, but you decided to ignore it. You weren’t really in the mood to make a fuss right now, but if she’d do it again then you would talk to her about it. “What can I get for you?” You asked as you held your pen ready, making sure to write everything down without making any mistakes. “We’d like some of your great coffees, people keep on talking about them, saying that they’re so good.” You looked at Suho with a little smile and nodded. “That’s what they say.” You were proud that this shop was so well known that even they heard about it, right now you felt even better about working here. 

 

 

“And they also said the employees are very cute, right hyung?” Sehun said and you blushed madly at his words. You could see how he nudged Suho beside him who hit his arm away and shot him an annoyed look, but when he looked back up at you, you could see the pink shade on his cheeks. “You’re order will be ready in a bit.” You said, trying to keep your voice steady as you picked up the cards and walked back towards the counter. Talking to a celebrity was one thing, called cute by a celebrity was something completely different. As you began to make their coffees you noticed that all of a sudden you were extremely hot. What had they meant with that and why had Suho been blushing like that after his friend had said that? You shook your head, telling yourself you shouldn’t make any illusions about this. You were a young college student working at a coffee shop in town, they were a famous band who traveled all over the world. Why would any of them show interest in you? 

 

 

But you couldn’t help but feel flattered, you weren’t ugly but never had you thought that you’d ever be called cute by someone like them. Secretly you let your eyes slip back towards their table, and you could see that Suho was staring at you. When your looks crossed you both quickly looked away, blushing shyly as you both knew you had been caught. He was so hot, there was no one who could deny that the leader was good looking and really sweet. You had done your research about exo, and you knew what their personalities were like. If you had to pick your ideal guy out of them, then it would totally be him. You tried your best to calm yourself down as you prepared the order, placing the cups on a plate, groaning when you realized they weren’t all fitting on it. “Could you carry these two?” You asked, handing them to the girl standing beside you who happily nodded and took them from you. You were sure she’d do anything to get close to the boys sitting at the other side of the room. 

 

 

You walked over to them and successful placed the plate on the edge of the table, handing the boys their drinks, which they all took with a bright thank you. But as soon as your partner arrived with the last two cups, everything seemed to go wrong. The only thing you could do was watch with big eyes how one of the drinks slipped out of her hands and landed on the lap of the guy sitting on the corner on the table, who was meant to be Suho. In surprise he jumped up from his chair, a look of shock and horror on his face as he looked down on himself, his whole pants soaked by the warm coffee. “Oh my god! I’m so so sorry!” She began to apologize, but the damage had been done, and it couldn’t be taken back. It seemed to turn completely silent in the shop, everyone looking at the scene in front of them. Quickly you tried to compose yourself, but you were sure that the embarrassment and guilt was written all over your face. “I’m so sorry…” You had no idea what else to say, something like this had never happened before. 

 

 

He looked up at you and to your surprise but also relieve he smiled at you, but it seemed rather awkward. “It’s okay, things like that can happen.” He took one of the napkins that were on the table, but everyone could see that wasn’t going to fix anything. His pants was completely ruined and you had no idea if he’d ever be able to get that spot out of that fabric. “Let’s go to the private area and try to get that cleaned up.” You said, because after all you had to do something. It wasn’t like you could just laugh it off and pretend as if nothing had happened. “We’ll talk about this later.” You whispered against your partner who looked at you with a rather scared look as she dropped her head as Suho walked by, following you to the room in the back. “She really didn’t mean to do that. She’s new so she’s not really used to these kind of things yet and it’s been so busy today…” Of course you weren’t going to tell them the truth, that it was their fault she couldn’t focus, that she had been too caught up in the fact she was holding the cup of exo.” He chuckled at your explanation and you knew that he had already found the real reason himself. 

 

 

“It’s not that bad, really not. It could’ve happened to everyone.” He said and you smiled apologetically as you closed the door behind you, finally separating yourself from the whole mess on the other side of the door. “It shouldn’t have happened though, that’s the thing.” He smiled at you and you were sure you could get lost inside his beautiful eyes. With a little blush you walked over to the sink and handed him a wet wipe to clean himself up, thinking it wouldn’t be a very good idea if you’d do it yourself. At first you both stood there in silence and you felt that the sphere was getting awkward, so you were happy when he finally spoke up. “Too bad I’ve ever had the chance to actually taste the coffee.” It was clearly meant as a little joke to light up the situation, but it only made you feel even worse. You had really wanted to make a good impression on these guys, and now everything was ruined. “I’ll get you a new one, and it’s free by the way. I know it doesn’t make up the damage but it’s the least we can do.” He looked up at your face and the softness in his eyes made you melt. 

 

 

“You really shouldn’t worry about it.” He was trying to convince you, but he could see by the look on your face that it wasn’t working. Suddenly his lips curled up in a small smirk while a bright red color traveled over his cheeks. “Let’s say that the great service made up for it.” You could feel all the blood rise towards your face and you tried to hide the smile that was trying to break out on your face. So he had been the one who thought you were cute. “Ah, thank you…” He handed you the wipe back and you threw it away, even though the damage wasn’t totally covered it seemed as if there wasn’t a lot more you could do. “Maybe there is a way you can make it up to me.” He suddenly said and you stopped in your tracks, holding the door handle in surprise and looked back at him. “Two free coffees?” You asked and he laughed at your pure innocence, shaking his head as he took a step closer to you. He shyly rubbed behind his ear while staring at the ground. “You could go out with me some time.” He asked and your eyes widened in disbelieve. He looked at you, waiting for your answer, actually you liked this deal. “Well, if that would make up for the horrible situation that I’d love to do that.” You said with a smile and he smiled back at you. “Then that’s a deal!”

 

 


Requested by Afiza_xoxo

A/N: I'm sorry for the long wait! My school started again and I'm so busy these days. I hope you liked the story^^