When he surprises you

Suho One Shots

 

Sweat was dripping down the sides of your head and neck and it made you feel sticky and dirty, but in a good way. Burning some calories and having fun, that were the two most important reasons why you were here tonight and were the reasons why you had started with this in the first place. Okay, you weren't fat so it wasn't like you had to lose much weight but it could never hurt for a woman to have some muscles too right. Besides it was impossible to forget that your boyfriend had a very well trained body and was in top shape, you didn't want to get his reputation down by letting people think that you weren't sportive and you were lazy.
 

He always said that he didn't mind about that and that he liked your body just the way it was, you didn't need to change it for his fans or anyone but you never really listened to him. He had never minded that you did this though, he was happy that you were having a good time and that you had found something that kept you fit and you really enjoyed doing. It was great that he supported you in what you did but you hadn’t doubted that, since he did the same thing every single day. Yes, you were a dancer and you loved it, you wished you had started with this much earlier. It made you feel free and it made you realize that you could do things which you never thought of you were able to do them and also be good at them at the same time. Plus, you could combine this sport with your love and passion you had for music, so in one word this was just perfect, you would never stop doing this.

 

With a little sigh you listened as the music stopped and you placed your hands on your hips while waiting what your instructor was going to say. Most of the girls in this room came for him, he was hot and he had some very remarkable abs, something most of the people inside here their boyfriends didn’t have, but you didn’t have to complain about that. You weren’t the one to deny that your dance teacher was hot and that he knew how to dance and shake his but he was not the reason why you were here. He told you that you could all take a small break so you could drink something and he would start again in ten minutes. You smiled as your friend Si Young walked towards you while looking as red as a tomato and taking deep breaths in the hope to stabilize her heart beat.

 

She had only started with this work out a few weeks ago and it was all new to her, besides she hadn’t done any active sports ever since she had been a teenager so she wasn’t very athletic. You were happy she was here though, because you were the one who had asked her to come with you in the first place. She was a friend of yours who you had met thanks to your boyfriend, she was Lay’s girl and you had a lot in common. Just like you she was waiting for her boyfriend who she hadn’t seen or heard for the past couple of months and there was a very good reason for that, because they were both in the army. Suho had left first though, a whole while before Lay and he was supposed to return next week, you were already counting the days. Lay on the other hand still had to stay there for another two months but the big difference was that Lay had already come over for a visit during the time he was in service, Suho on the other hand had never stepped by.

 

The last time you had seen him in person had been almost two years ago and that frightened you. What if when he came back he thought you had changed and he didn’t like the way you looked anymore, it would kill you. For such a long time you had been here waiting for him, not able to move on from him and the thought that it would be all for nothing, it was horrible. Of course you knew that Suho had his reasons why he couldn’t come over and why he had to stay in his service all the time but you still didn’t like the thought. He had visited his hyungs once, and his family even twice but he had never had the time to come to your house for a short second to say hi to you or to give you the hug which you had been longing for for such a long time now. How much you missed his smooth touch and his sweet kisses, his greasy talks and his idiotic behavior.

 

In the beginning of all of this, when he had left you had told yourself that you’d be able to do this. You believed that this was a test to see if your relationship was strong enough to survive this and if it was then it would get through anything, then nothing would still be able to tear you apart. You had thought that you probably wouldn’t miss him that much, you just had to keep yourself busy and your mind unfocused on him, but it didn’t work like that at all. You missed him so damn much, every little thing about him and you couldn’t wait to be in his arms again. Strangely these last few days had been the worst, just because you knew that he was almost home and it was making you impatient. How badly you wished you could flash forward in time and skip these horrible moment of waiting for him and just to the time where you were with him and he was with you.

 

By sauntering through the room you got to the other side and grabbed your water bottle before leaning against the wall for some support other than just your legs. After your dance classes were over you’d always be so tired and you always had a very nice sleep which wasn’t a bad thing at all. But you always had to make sure that you had your other important work done before you came here because if you came back home you were too tired and too lazy to still do anything. “He’s trying his best today.” Si Young mumbled, still out of breath as she also grabbed her drink before sitting down on the floor in front of you. “Yeah, you could say that.” You said with a giggle, amused to see that she didn’t want to admit that it was hard for her and that she tried to act strong in front of you, but you knew her better than that. After taking a few gulps from your water you felt much better and you decided to sit down beside her so that you could talk easier, you still had to sit here for another nine minutes after all.

 

“Did Suho still call you these days? Lay hasn’t talked to me for a week now and I’m a little bit worried about it.” She said while playing with the cap of her bottle, turning it on it and then off it again, it was what you focused your attention on while talking to her. “He still texted me yesterday, telling me that everything was okay and that he looked forward to come home and to see me.” You said dreamily, thinking about that yourself. At least he still contacted you by phone and twitter, otherwise you had probably already given up in your relationship. Because no relationship can survive it if you hadn’t talked with each other for two years and you had both changed, but luckily for you it hadn’t come that far just yet. It were those texts and short minutes you could hear his voice if he called you that made you hold on and that made you believe it was all going to be fine.

 

“Are you excited to see him? I mean he’s coming home for the first time in two years, you must be very nervous.” She asked with a smirk and you eyed her with a weird face before she started laughing and you answered her. “Of course I’m excited, and nervous too! The man that I love is coming back from the army, how can I not be nervous?” She shrugged and there was something about her facial expression that made you glare at her, it was almost as if she knew something that you didn’t know. When you opened your mouth to ask her about it your dance instructor walked into the room and told you that there was someone who wanted to see you. You frowned at him but raised to follow him, leaving a smiling Si Young behind who said that she’s wait for you until you were back. Who could possibly be here for you at this moment, everyone knew you’d be back home after a while and that if they really needed you they could always call you.

 

With a curious expression and heavy footsteps you walked through the hallway to the lobby which was normally empty during the dance lesson itself but would be filled with girls afterwards. With lifted eyebrows you looked around the room and saw nothing that you hadn’t seen when you had come in half an hour ago. There was no one around and there wasn’t even a sound to be heard, you didn’t understand what this was about so you rolled your eyes and turned around, walking back to the dance room again. “Very funny…” You mumbled, although you didn’t find it funny at all, it was a complete waste of your break and the time you had to rest. “What’s very funny?” Someone else suddenly asked you and the voice made you freeze and your next foot stopped mid-air, not able to take a step forward anymore. That voice, you were so sure it belonged to a very important person but that wasn’t possible, he wasn’t supposed to be here until next week right?

 

“Aren’t you going to turn around? I missed you a lot you know and I came all the way over here because I couldn’t wait to see you until you got home.” His voice was like a spell and it made you turn on your heal so that you were face to face with him, able to look straight into his brown shiny eyes, the eyes you had missed so hard for so long. “J-Joonmyun-ah?” You asked with a surprised voice as if you couldn’t believe what you were seeing and you had to ask him for confirmation that this was real. “Yeah, it’s me. I’m back.” He said with a smirk and you smiled before running up to him and jumping into his arms, feeling him lift your feet off the ground while pressing you tightly against his chest. You felt all the fears and doubts you had had for the past days slip away and everything just felt so right, this was how it was supposed to be. “How can this be? I thought that you were supposed to come back next Wednesday?” He nodded and seemed very happy that he had been able to fool you a little so he had been able to arrange all of this.

 

“Normally I was but they let me go a bit earlier than expected. I didn’t tell you because I wanted to surprise you and I guess that worked out quite well. I only have to go back to get everything rounded and then I’ll be completely yours again.” He said and you nuzzles your nose in his neck while breathing in his smell, there was no way you were still going to let him go now that he was finally back. “You did surprise me, and normally I don’t like surprises but this one is an exception.” He chuckled at your silliness and carried you to the closest chair where he put you down, but still staying at close as was possible. “I really missed you, do you know that? I was counting the hours that I’d come back and I would have you in my arms again. And now that I’m finally here and that I’ve got you, it feels even better than I could have thought.” You both smiled at his sweet words and he intertwined his fingers with yours before pressing his soft lips on top of yours. This was the best way he had every surprised you in your entire life. 

 


Requested by babysuho25