When your fish dies

Suho One Shots

 

You were staring to the bowl which was standing on your lap. A tear escaped without your permission from the cornor of your eye. 'It's just a fish.' Your mind said to you but in your heart you couldn't help it but feel sad. You shook the bowl and saw how his lifeless body moved with the motions of the water. He was dead, after so many years he had left you. It was too bad, he had been a very pretty fish.


Your brother had once won it for you on the fair when you were only little kids. He had given it to you and because you found it that sweet from him you had kept it. You had named him Bubble, since you were a kid and inventing good names had still been a little bit difficult back then. Anyways you had always taken great care of Bubble, gave him food at strict hours, held him company, cleaned his home, and everything else that a fish needed. You had really loved that fish, and now he was gone. 


It did sound weird but you had had a connection with Bubble. When you had told people about it they didn't understand or they would just laugh at you. But when you had felt lonely you could always talk to him, you had learned him some tricks and those kind of stuff. When you had been upset you could always tell him everything and even though he couldn't anwser you it had looked like he truly understood you and like he had really listened to you. Although fishes weren't the most amazing pets you must say that Bubble had been the best one you had ever had. There was never going to be a fish who could ever replace him. 


"_______! I'm home!" You heard Suho's voice galm through the room and it made little waves in the water. You sighed and let your eyes slip to the ground when he came in. "______-ah, what are you doing? Put Bubble back on the counter, you're giving him a whiplash." Suho grinned but his smile disappeared when he saw your hurt expression. "Did I say something wrong?" He asked, a little taken back by the look in your eyes. You stuck the bowl up in the air to show him how Bubble was floating in the water without any sign of life. 


Suho's expression dropped and he sat down beside you on the couch. He knew how much that fish had meant to you and that you must be hurt that it was dead. But he had also loved that fish. Not because he thought it had been a special fish or because it had been a nice pet but because it had made you happy. Everytime you looked at Bubble you had had such a beautiful smile on your face and you would have that special twinkle in your eyes. When you looked at him now it wasn't there anymore, and he didn't want to lose that. 


"_______-ah, are you okay?" He your hair softly and laid his other hand on your knee. You nodded and smiled softly at him. "It's just a fish right?" You said but you felt how your heart clenched when you said that. Suho shook his head and pulled your head on his shoulder. "No, it's not just a fish. He was a special fish, our Bubble." You couldn't help but smile on his shoulder, it was so sweet that he said that. At least he didn't found it ridiculous that you were crying over a fish. 


"Suho?" He looked down at you with a questioning look. "I don't want to flush him through the toilet." You said while biting your lip. It seemed too cruel to do that, although everybody always did that. "Okay, then let's bury it in the garden. There, under that big tree." He pointed out of the window and you nodded relieved. You watched how Suho fished Bubble out of his bowl and headed to the garden. "Are you coming? I can't do this on my own, I need your help.' Suho screamed from his spot under the tree. You saw how the sun was shining down on it, it was the perfect place to say goodbye to him.


You followed him into the garden, happy that you had a boyfriend who didn't found you sad and who understood you. At least you would still have someone to talk to now Bubble was gone. Even though he wasn't here anymore you would never feel lonely, because you had Suho. The best boyfriend you could ever wish for.