When he's overworked

Suho One Shots

You had done the dished, had cooked, cleaned the house and studied. It was eleven pm and you were still all over your books. You had a very important test tomorrow and you wanted to lake sure you were well prepared for it. So even though you were tired you kept reading your marked words and sentences in the hope you'd still be able to remember all of it tomorrow. Since your boyfriend hadn't been home all day you had had a lot of time to study today, though you wouldn't have minded to have his company. Suho always helped you studying and it always got a lot better with him around. But today he had left early in the morning to start his schedule and he was still gone. It didn't worry you though, you knew his activities with exo could take until past midnight, it wouldn't be the first time that would happen.
 

You had then also tried not to text him too much today to make sure he could focus on his job and surely wasn't going to Worry about you. Suho was a great boyfriend but could sometimes get a little bit over concerned or overprotective. Sometimes that would be cute but during studying for such an important test you rather wouldn't have him around to be the big mommy bear. He would probably be tired after he'd get home but still you were excited to see him. When he would be gone for a longer time you'd always realize how much you missed him when he wasn't by your side and since he had only just returned from his tour you had been missing him for a while before this.
 

You ticked your pen against your lip while wondering at what time he'd get home and you looked at your phone that was lying a little further away on your desk. You could sent him a text to ask him, bit than again there was a chance you would interrupt him during an important moment so you shook your head and forgot about the idee. Instead you grabbed one of your papers and read it again, making sure you Knew the whole paper upside down and then did the same thing to the next. Another 30 minutes passed before you finally heard the front door open. Excitement rushed through your whole body as you threw down your papers and speed walked out of the room, not able to wait to see your boyfriend. You could already imagine him, smiling face, gentle eyes as he patted your head before turning of his shoes and walking towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.
 

But when you reached the front door your face fell a little and you looked at your boyfriend with a worried frown on your forehead. When he saw you he tried to ignore your stare and he looked into the other direction as if he hadn't noticed you. But you weren't going to let him ignore you like this. You knew Suho and you knew this was the way he always acted if something was wrong or something bothered him. You took a big step forward and could see him stiffen at your sudden Move before looking up at you. You brought up your hand and let your fingers slide over the dark circles under his eyes, some you hadn't noticed before. He looked so tired and his skin looked pale as if all the life had been out of him, it worried you. "Rough day?" Was all you asked though, hoping he would tell you everything out of himself and he grabbed your hand with a big sigh before holding it in his. "Rough month you could say."
 

He sounded as if even speaking caused him more energy then he had so you quickly pulled at his hand and guided him towards the couch where he could sit. He let himself fall down and let his back fall against the pillows of the couch. "Why didn't you tell me?" You asked while whipping his hair out of his face and watched as it fell back on his place because of the many hair product that was in there. At first it seemed as if the only thing he would do was shrug his shoulders and sigh but then he leaned Into your touch and his exhausted eyes pointed into yours. "I wanted to but I know you had your own things to worry about. You have to focus on your study and your job and you have to do so many things around to house. I just wanted make sure I wasn't going to bother you for nothing." He said and even though his meanings had been nice you placed one of your hands on each of his cheeks so you were holding his head softly.
 

He didn't stop looking at you and didn't make any movement to push your hands away. "You forgot the most important thing I have to worry about..." You said and gave him a meaningful expression while he began to smile sheepishly. "Me." He said and you nodded with big movements before letting go of his head and sitting up straight so that there was some distance in between the two of you again. "And that's why I made some of your favorite food and you can go take a shower while I prepare it for you." He sent you a bright Smile but even while doing that his skin looked unhealthy and white. You stood up and went to the kitchen where you had left the food you had made. The only thing you still had to was warm it up and then it was all ready for him. You heard the door of the bathroom close and knew that it was Suho who had listened to your advice of taking a shower. It would be good for him, it would calm his muscles and help him relax. Last morning he had been looking just fine although he hadn't seemed to be so focussed as usual. You hated to see him like this and he knew it, the main reason why he hadn't told you about his tiredness.
 

But now you knew and you were going to do everything you could to make that he would feel better if he had to go back to work tomorrow, if you had to you would call him sick. He would refuse and want to go anyway but at the end he'd be grateful that you had done it. When you were done with the food you heard the door open again and In just a few second Suho was standing in the doorway of the kitchen, looking at you. He had a pair of comfortable shorts on and had a towel rapped around his neck for his dripping hair. He already looked a bit better than before he had gotten into the bathroom but he wasn't himself yet. "Go sit on the couch, I'll bring you your food." Normally there was no eating in the sofa but for this time you decided to make an exception. And since was too tired to get against you he did what you had asked him and turned around again to get back to the living area.
 

You followed him with the food, some shop sticks and a drink and watched him sit down. A drip that landed on his nose made his eyes open wider slightly in surprise before he ran his towel through his hair, you smiled at the sight. No matter how Suho ever was, he would never change. "Eat up, then go to bed." He didn't say anything until he had the first bite of food in his mouth and looked at you while Chewing. "But I want to spend some time with you." It sounded very inviting, but no matter how much you wanted to talk with him and cuddle with him, his health was more important. So you shook your head while watching him eat. It didn't take long for him to finish his dish, it looked as if he hadn't ate anything for a week.
 

He yawned as you cleaned everything up, but the dishes you'd do tomorrow. After placing everything in the dishwasher you got back to the couch where Suho's eyes were already falling close. "You're amazing do you know that?" He said, his voice hoarse and heavy from the sleep. "Yeah, I've heard that before." You said with a giggle and pulled a blanked from the back of the couch before dropping it over the two of you. Suho sighed happily while putting his head on your shoulder and closing his eyes. "I love you..." It was only a mutter, as if he was already asleep while saying it. "I love you too, you idiot." You said while patting his head and smiling down on him.