When your best friend tells you she's dying

Suho One Shots

 


"Are you ready to go?" You asked Suho as you came down the stairs in your red dress and high heels. He nodded and gave you that admiring look again which let you know that he liked your outfit. He always said that he liked it when you dressed up and when you wore feminine clothes. "Totally ready, let's go or we're gonna be late." He pulled his blazer on and togther you made your way outside to the car. 


You were really happy that Suho had accepted your question to go with you since you didn't want to go alone. Your friend had invited you over because she had a pronouncement to make. You were really curious about what she was going to say because she didn't want to say a word about it. She had said that she wanted to keep it a secret until that evening when she brought all the important people in here life together. You felt honored by the fact that you were one of those people but somehow this worried you. 


Ailee was someone who was truly into gossiping and telling things. For her it was already hard to keep someone else's secret so her own once were even harder. Because of the fact that she didn't tell anything at all you knew that it was something serious and something she was upset about. If it would be something she was really happy about she would never have the power to keep closed for such a long time. So that was the reason why you had asked Suho to come with you, because you expected bad news and you wanted him to be with you when she told you. 


"don't worry baby, it'll be okay." Suho patted your hand which was lying on your knee and you have him a lovingly smile. "Of course it will!" You said with an optimistic voice but inside you weren't sure. "She is probably just joking around, she always does that." You nodded and tried your best to believe him because the way he said it made it sound so real. "Thanks for coming with me." Suho shot you a smile before he pointed his eyes back to the road. 


Ailee's place wasn't that far from yours but it was to far to walk. After twenty minutes you had arrived and you both got out of the car and walked up the driveway. "She has a really nice house." Suho stated as he grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours while walking to the front door. "Yeah, Ailee has a good taste." You pushed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door. After a couple second the door flew open and a cheerful Ailee was greeting you with her loud voice. "Oh god! You brought your man, that's amazing! Please come in." She invited you for a big hug before she shoved aside so you could pass. 


She looked happy, but there was something about the look in her eyes that told you that she wasn't. She had lost weight and she was looking a little pale even though she was wearing make up. Your worries began to increase and you knew that you were probably overreacting again. she was just stressed because of her job and maybe she had a problem with her boyfriend but she would probably tell you that tonight right? It was going to be okay just like Suho had said. 


But he noticed that you were really quietly standing beside him, lost in your own thoughts in your own little world and that made him worry too, but not about Ailee. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and saw the bewildered look in your eyes because of his unexpected movement. "Talk to me jagi." He said and you sighed. He always knew if there was something bothering you and he knew that if you talked to him that afterwards you felt better. 


"It just doesn't feel right." You mumbled and Suho nodded as a sign that he understood. "Of course not, she's your best friend and it's normal that you're worried about her." He said and snuggled his arm around your waist so he could hug you. "But you need to hope that everything is going to be fine. Without hope, you're nowhere." You sighed as you anwsered his hug and wrapped your arms around his middle. "I love you." You wishpered and he chuckled softly. "I love you too baby." He pressed his lips against your forehead what made you close your eyes for a second and cherish the moment. 


"Okay everybody, thank you all for coming here today, it means a lot to me." You focussed your eyes on Ailee who was standing in the front of the room. Now was the moment and there was no turning back anymore. She was finally going to tell you the secret you had wanted to know for weeks, but that it was time you weren't sure or you still wanted to know. "I invited you today because I have something very omportant to tell you, something that came totally unexpected. Maybe it's better if some of you take place on a chair." She continued and while some people searched for a place to sit her facial exression changed. 


She looked sad and tired all of a sudden, like she was completely overworked and hadn't slept in ages. And that's when you knew that it wasn't going to be okay, and she knew that you knew it. Her eyes were locked with yours as she gave you a weak smile and you tried to return her one but you were sure it had failed. "A couple weeks ago I started feeling strange so I went to the doctor for a medical check up. He immediately send me to the hospital because somthing wasn't right. There they told me that I'm really ill and that I'll die soon." 


It turned completely silent in the living room of that big house. No one spoke, no one moved it was even like no one breathed. Everybody was busy with proceeding what she had just said, tryng to accept that what she was telling that it was the truth and that she wasn't going to live much longer. Everyone in this room loved Ailee for their own reason and everyone was feeling the same painful and empty feeling right now while they were trying to understand all of this. But it was difficult to figure out that this was all reality and not one big nightmare. 


"I know it's kind of like a shock but I wanted to tell you myself. I care for every single person who is here tonight and I thought that you all deserved to hear it out of my own mouth." That was the moment when the people started to become alive again. Gasps of pure shock sounded through the air while now also sobs were able to be heard. Tears started flowing and glasses with drinks stayed untouched because they were all forgotten. No one still cared about those silly things now that this secret was known. 


You stood there, staring at your best friend in disbelieve. Deep inside you had already known, your mind had told you that it was something horrible like this. But just like Suho had said, you had still had hope, and now all your hopes were crushed. Your whole body was feeling numb because you knew that you had to cry right now but you just couldn't find the tears. You were left in shock and you just had no idea how to react anymore. 


Suho turned around to you ever so slow, not knowing what to do himself. He saw your blank stare and knew very well that you were going to break down in no time, but that was nothing that could still be preventioned. "_______?" His voice reached your ears and broke the spell. You looked up at him, your eyes now getting watery and wet. "This is not real right?" You asked him and his expression became really sad. "I'm so sorry baby." He brushed your hair away from your face with his hands. You shook your head and closed your eyes, you didn't want to believe it. 


Tears fell from our eyes as you tried to deny everything. You told yourself that you had to stay strong now that you were still in Ailee's house, but it was too hard. Suho pulled you against his chest with all his might, ignoring your fighting. As soon as your face touched his soft shirt and you felt his strong arms glide around you, you just couldn't hold it in anymore. You sobbed as big tears rolled down your cheeks. Suho tried to calm you down while he rubbed your back and rocked you from side to side. "Ssshh, it's okay baby." He whispered as he held you back a little so he could wipe your tears.


"Listen, now we're going to make sure that the time she still has is going to be the best time of her life okay?" He said with his smooth voice and you nodded while hiccuping hard, trying to hold in your sobs. "That's my girl. Now stop crying, you're ruining your make up." You giggled and he smiled at you. "I love you, and I'll help you through this." He gave you a encouraging nod before he lowered himself to kiss you. When he pulled back you turned your head to look at Ailee. She was standing there, with her boyfriend and she was smiling just as brightly as always. There was one thing you already knew, if she was gone, she would be the brightest star in the night sky.