Why waste efforts?

I can't stop loving you

“Water?” A staff member offered Jessica bottled water.

“Gomawo.” Jessica took it and drank all the way through half of it. She sat on one of the boxes near her.

She’s pretty much a natural when it comes to pictorial. Though sometimes, she looks awkward. Jessica thought as she watched Yoona doing her pictorial.

“Jessica-ssi, your phone is ringing. Sorry I took it from your bag without permission.” Her stylist approached her and handed her the phone.

“Oh, gwenchanayo.” She took her phone and looked at the number calling. She quickly left the studio and went to the comfort room.

“Yeobosaeyo?” Jessica answered.

“Hey boss?” A man’s voice replied.

“Oh, it’s just you.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“I took the pictures and sent it to some website. It was on the news this morning.” The man proudly said.

“Yeah. Good job on that. Remind me to give you a 5% raise.” Jessica flatly said.

“What’s this, you giving me a raise? What’s with the generosity, boss?” The man laughed in disbelief.

“Do you want it or not? I have no time messing around with you.” Jessica said in an irritating voice.

“Hey, I’m just asking. By the way, I took some pictures of her with that Kim Jaejoong you were telling me last month. Actually, I’ve been following them for some time now, and I took a lot of pictures. Why don’t you want those pics? Why publicize the picture with the other guy? Yuri-ssi and Jaejoong-ssi looks more like a couple compared to the other one. And seriously, why doesn’t the media notice them seeing each other in private? The fans, too.” The man said.

“Why the heck would you take those kinds of pictures? Dispose them.” Jessica complained.

“What?? But these pictures would make more fuss than the other one. And hey, if we release these now, the fans would think that she’s two-timing. Wouldn’t that be a better way to break them up? I mean, isn’t that your plan?”

Why did I ever bother telling my life story to this man? Screw this sh*t. Jessica thought.

“Boss? Still there?” Jessica forgot that she was still talking to the man.

“Yeah, yeah. Just dispose them. Burn them, if you please. No. Burning them is a great idea. Just do it.” Jessica hung up. She looked at the wide mirror in front of her and sighed.

Why am I doing this? Is this still even worth doing? She thought while looking at her face. She looked closely and noticed some fine lines.

Was this even worth doing in the first place? Jessica sighed.

I’m stressed out. I need to rest. A rest from everything. She washed her hands and went to get her bag. She took her makeup kit and retouched herself.

“Let me do it for you, Jessica-ssi.” One of the male stylists offered.

“Is it okay?” Jessica groggily said.

“Are YOU okay? You look tired.” He said as she handed him her makeup kit.

“Actually, most of the staff members noticed that you look tired the most.” He confessed.

“I need to rest.” Jessica closed her eyes as he put on some foundation.

“I think so too.” The stylist smiled.

“Hey, can I ask you a question?” Jessica opened her eyes and looked directly at him. He stopped applying foundation and prepared to listen to her.

“What if you know that something’s never gonna happen, will you still make it happen?” Jessica asked. The stylist stared at her.

“Is this about love?” He asked.

“Not really. It’s a general question.” Jessica replied.

Well, it’s about love, actually. She thought.

“Hmm. If you ask me, I’d rather say no.”

“Why?” Jessica quickly asked.

“Well, you said you know it’s never going to happen, so why fool yourself? Why waste efforts when you already know the truth? Something like that.” He simply said. Jessica looked at him as deep thoughts ran through her mind.

“May I continue?” He smiled as he held the brush and foundation. Jessica simply nodded and let him do the work, while she was still in deep thoughts.

---oOo---

(7:30 AM, DBSK dorm)

“That should do it.” Yoochun said while talking to someone on his phone.

“Hyung, I’m pretty sure you said let’s clean up this wreck Jaejoong hyung made. As in capital L-E-T-apostrophe-S. Why are you calling some helpers to do it?” Changmin complained as he washed the dishes.

“Aish. If we clean this up, it’ll take more than 3 hours. And we still have a CF to film later. The PDs are already texting me.” Yoochun explained.

“Yoochun-ssi? Yoochun-ssi?” The woman on the line called for him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. What is it?” Yoochun asked.

“I’m sorry but the people who are supposed to get there are still on attending to another client. The other helpers are absent due to different reasons. I am very sorry.” The woman apologized.

“Oh, is that so? It’s okay. Well, thank you anyway. Have a good day.” Yoochun answered.

“Who’s next?” Junsu said as he wiped his hair with a towel.

“Me.” Yoochun said as he picked his own towel.

“I dropped the soap on the bowl. Get a new one. Mianhe~~” Junsu said in a cute voice then ran away

“YAH!! Get me a new one!” Yoochun yelled.

“Hyung, what did she say?” Changmin asked.

“There are no available helpers to come here. I guess we should just leave the work to those two.” Yoochun said, almost halfway to the bathroom.

“What? How sure are you that those two can keep their cool? And also, Jaejoong hyung’s hands are still bleeding.” Changmin worried.

“Ah, well, isn’t that a good thing? They’d be forced to work together, and we get to skip cleaning. About his hand, just tell him to clean his wound and put some bandage on it. Oh, by the way, you tell them that they’re staying here.” Yoochun said. Jaejoong entered the kitchen just in time to hear Yoochun’s statement.

“What?” Jaejoong asked.

“I told him that you will remain here, with Yunho hyung.” Yoochun said.

“Yah Junsu! My soap!” He shouted.

“ANI~~” Junsu playfully shouted from his room.

“Hey, why are you leaving us here?” Jaejoong protested.

“Do you think you could film a CF with that bruise on your hand?” Yoochun flatly said then entered the bathroom.

“Also, it’s not properly treated yet. If the two of you go there with those bruises on your faces, what would they think of? Of course they’d speculate that something really serious happened between you two.” Changmin added. Jaejoong fell silent, realizing they were right. Suddenly, Changmin’s cellphone rang. He unlocked it, noticing that it was an unregistered number.

“Yeobosaeyo?” Changmin suspiciously asked, doubting if it was a prank call from a sasaeng fan.

“Changmin-ssi? Is Jaejoong-ssi there? This is one of the directors from their drama.” A woman answered back.

“How sure am I that you’re the real deal, and not just a sasaeng fan?” He asked.

“Tell him that I was that PD who told him to get some rest.” She said.

“Yah, you know any PD who told you to get some rest?” Changmin asked Jaejoong.

“Oh, yeah. It’s that nice PD. I never got the chance to ask her name.” He answered. Changmin handed him the phone.

“Yeobosaeyo?” Jaejoong said.

“Jaejoong-ssi, I wasn’t able to contact your phone so I asked Donghae-ssi if he knew the others’ number. Where are you?? That noisy PD is looking for you. We have to film now.” The woman asked.

“Oh, I’m still at our dorm. Actually, I really can’t come.” Jaejoong said. Changmin gestured his hands, as if asking him to hand over the phone. Jaejoong sighed and gave it to him.

“Yeobosaeyo? Yes, this is Changmin. I’m sorry for disturbing your conversation with him.” Changmin said.

“It’s okay. Can you please tell Jaejoong-ssi to hurry up?” she said.

“Actually, he really can’t come. He’s very sick, and we don’t want him to tire himself too much. If you could just give this day for him to rest, then that would be great. Don’t worry, I assure you that tomorrow, he’ll be able to come for the taping. I’m really sorry.” Changmin said.

“Aigoo. Well, what can I do? I’ll just tell them to film other scenes. Please tell Jaejoong-ssi to get well as soon as he can.” She said the hung up.

“Gomawo.” Jaejoong said.

“Head to the living room, I’ll treat that bruise of yours. And also his.” Changmin said as he headed to Jaejoong’s room to get the first aid kit. Jaejoong went to the living room. He saw Yunho lying on the sofa. He sat on the couch next to it. Yunho noticed Jaejoong and they had a brief eye-to-eye contact but none of them spoke.

---OOO---

(A/N)

annyeong chingus ~~ :) i updated a bit late today , didn't i ? i almost forgot to do it , actually . XD

ooohh . it turns out , sica was only talking to her stylist . sometimes , i feel that being a stylist is one of the best jobs a fangirl can have . i mean , seriously , you get to put makeup on them , you get the privilege of chatting with them , and they'll be casual to you !! t wouldn't bother me if the pay is not very high , but those privileges are already enough . well , are all of us feeling the same thing ? XD

i just noticed , chaps 56 , 57 and 58 all happened in one morning , and the next chapters to come . it's gonna be a long day for them ~~

here's chapter 58 btw ~~ i hope you like it . don't forget to to comment and subscribe ! take care chingus ~~ :)

 

 

p.s. for the next chapter , changminnie's got a big role . hurray for the maknae !! :D

 

PREVIEW:

“You know, I’m not the one who should hear that from you.” Changmin sighed as he applied some betadine.

“I really don’t know what’s going on with you two and I don’t want to in.” He added. He wrapped the bandage around his hyung’s hands and secured it.

“Hyung, the bud.” Changmin reached out to Yunho’s hand and moved closer to him.

“But, I guess this is a perfect time for you two to make your peace with each other.” Changmin said as he carefully applied the betadine on his cheek. After applying it to the whole wound, he took a small bandage from the kit and placed it on Yunho’s cheek.