Nothing's going to change

I can't stop loving you

“Jessica-ssi!! It’s good to know that you’re back!” A staff member greeted Jessica as she entered the set. She forced a smile and bowed down. She sat on one of the chairs beside a big equipment and sighed. He looked at Jaejoong, who was getting some retouches done to his hair.

When will you be mine? Jessica sadly thought. Suddenly, she felt someone pat her head.

“Hey.” Donghae smiled at her. Seeing that it was Donghae, she rolled her eyes and looked back at Jaejoong.

OUCH. Donghae thought as he felt his heart ache.

“So, why were you absent for so long?” Donghae managed to smile again.

“Why do you care?” Jessica coldly answered back without even looking at him.

OUCH again. He thought.

“Why can’t you just give up on him? He’s already taken.” He shrugged.

“Easy for you to say. You don’t know how hard it was to even just be known by him. I won’ let this end like how others want it too.” Jessica said.

“*sigh* You know, you keep on focusing on what’s far from you, when the real thing that you’ve been looking for is right in front of you.” Donghae said.

Someone like me. He thought. Jessica didn’t seem to hear what he said so he left her alone.

When can you notice me again? Donghae said.

A few minutes later, Jaejoong, Donghae and Jessica were called by a staff member.

“Okay, we’ll take a break for 2 hours. Here are the next scripts. Please read these and we’ll try to rehearse them part by part before we start to film. Sorry we weren’t able to deliver these through mail.” The staff member handed them each a copy of the script.

“Donghae-ssi!! Your phone is ringing!!” A staff member yelled. Donghae quickly walked and took his call, leaving Jessica and Jaejoong alone. Jaejoong looked at Donghae and sighed. When he tilted his face, he saw that Jessica remained silent, intently looking at the script. Jaejoong copied her and started to read his copy.

“You know….” Jessica suddenly spoke. Jaejoong raised his head but avoided to look at her.

“We’re going to have a kissing scene later.” Jessica flatly said. The moment Jaejoong heard of this, he quickly looked at Jessica with wide eyes.

“What?!” Jaejoong gasped. He skimmed through the pages to see if she was telling the truth. A few seconds later, he flipped another page and saw the lines at the middle portion of the script.

“Strange, isn’t it? We’re not allowed to kiss but in our job, we are.” Jessica smiled a bit. Jaejoong looked at the script and sighed.

“I’m not gonna do this.” Jaejoong stood and dropped the script.

“You can’t argue with the director, y’know?” Jessica smiled. He looked at her and tried to say something.

She’s right. Crap, what am I gonna do? He thought. He sat in frustration and tried to think of a way to avoid the scene.

“Why are you like this when it comes to me? We used to be friends, you know. Or maybe even more than that.” Jessica looked away.

“That. That’s exactly why I started to avoid you in high school. You kept thinking that there’s something going on between us even though there isn’t. Jessica, that was more than 5 years ago. Why can’t you accept the fact that I’m already taken?! And nothing’s going to happen between us, ever!!” Jaejoong shouted. He took his script and walked away. Jessica was left alone, speechless. She wanted to scream but there were too many people around her so she just threw the script at the ground and ran away. The staff members were looking at them, wondering what happened.

“Maybe, they’re rehearsing their lines.” One of them said. The others agreed and went on their ways.

Oh, so that’s what happened…. Perfect. The PD, who Jaejoong nearly confided to about his feelings, grinned. He took his phone and dialed a number.

“Yeobosaeyo? Yes, I’m the one from yesterday. Yes. About that thing that I wanted to tell you…..” He said as he walked away from the set.

 

---oOo---

 

Jaejoong drove for about 2 hours until he reached a café near a beach. He stopped and pulled over until he noticed one thing: he IS at the beach. The café was at the edge of a cliff, and looked really nice.

How long was I driving? He thought. He entered the café anyway and ordered a latte. After paying, he put it inside his car and took something from his pocket.

“I never expected I’d use you again, after that Elle photoshoot.” Jaejoong said as he took a cigarette from the pack. He has been keeping this pack for a long time but he wasn’t using it. He just felt satisfied if something was on his pockets, aside from his phone. He looked for a lighter in his car.

“Aish, where’s a lighter when you need it?!” He said. A few seconds later, he saw a person pass by his car.

“Hey, excuse me, do you have a lighter? I need one right now.” He said. It turns out, the person was a girl.

“I’m sorry, I don’t smoke –“ the girl turned around and saw him. His eyes widened for the girl was Yuri.

“Y-Yuri?!” Jaejoong stammered.

“Jaejoong oppa?! What are you doing in here?!” Yuri said.

“I-I was just driving and then I r-reached this place and –“ Jaejoong tried to explain.

“You’re smoking? Again? I thought you promised to stop?” Yuri said, upon seeing the pack of cigarettes in his hands.

“N-NO!! This is just…. Well actually, I was about to, but –“ Jaejoong tried to explain once again. Yuri approached him and took the cigarettes on his hand. She walked a few steps away and threw it on the beach.

“Hey, you’re littering at the beach. You’ll be fined –“ Jaejoong tried to warn her.

“I don’t care. Do you think a simple fine is more important than your health? I thought we talked about this before.” Yuri said in disbelief.  Jaejoong looked at her and tears started to form in his eyes.

“OH my God, I missed you.” Jaejoong ran to her and hugged her tightly.

“Yah, what’re you doing?!” Yuri said in surprise.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Really. I was just really frustrated about what was going on between us. I promise I won’t do it again.” Jaejoong cried. Yuri started to blush, but happily turned the favor by hugging him back.

“Yah, stop crying. *cough*cough*” Yuri let go of him and started to cough.

“Are you alright?” Jaejoong quickly asked.

“Yeah, it’s just that I caught a cold this morning on my way here. It was really cold.” Yuri explained. Jaejoong quickly went to his car and took his coat. He covered Yuri and asked her to sit down on a nearby bench.

“It’s not really cold right now but, thanks anyway.” She smiled.

 

---OOO---

(A/N)

annyeong ~~ :) so this is the last update for now . and yeah , looks like jaeri will become lovey dovey at the beach for a while . keke :D poor jess though, feeling powerless over everything :(

don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe ~~ lemme know what your thoughts are on the current events of the story . :)

btw, here's a quick preview for the next chapter . please look forward to it . annyeong ~~ take care everyone :)

p.s. i would like to thank all of you subscribers for not unsubscribing to my story . thank you , really :)
 

PREVIEW:

“Okay…” Jaejoong sighed. Yuri looked at the sea and wistfully sighed.

“Yuri-ah…” Jaejoong murmured. Yuri looked at him, waiting. He rose up and faced her.

“Please, give me another chance. I have thought about what I have done and I know it’s bad. I have changed! I’ll prove it to you. Just…. Just give me another chance. Please.” Jaejoong pleaded. Yuri’s eyes widened. She didn’t expect him to be this desperate.

Well, should I? Yuri thought.