Confessions

I can't stop loving you

It was still 6:00 AM, but Yuri rose on her bed. She went to the balcony of the hospital room. There, she breathed the cold morning air and let the wind ruffle her long black hair.

But please, Yuri-ah. Give me another chance. I’ll change, I promise! I’ll never do it again. Please..... I-I love you so much. I just can’t give you up. Not now! And I won’t! Jaejoong’s voice echoed in her ears.

What should I do? Should I forgive him and just forget about what happened? Or maybe I should just break up with him. But, can I? I mean, I love him so much but……. This is too much. And even if I forgive him, is there an assurance that he’ll really change? That he’ll never do it again? Yuri thought. She didn’t notice that her tears were already falling. She wiped those tears away and looked at the sky.

Maybe I should really break up with him. Maybe then I will feel at peace that he will never hurt me again, because we’re not in a relationship anymore. Yes, that’s right. I should really break up with him. She thought. She made herself clear about it. But there was a feeling in her heart that she can’t understand. It was pulling her away from the decision that she’d made. It was almost like a feeling of fear. Fear of losing Jaejoong in her life.

“You’re already awake?” a voice from behind her said. She turned around and saw Yoona rubbing her eyes and yawning.

“Oh, umm. Actually, I can’t sleep.” Yuri said.

“Why, because of what happened yesterday?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah. I really bugged me last night. No matter how hard I try to forget all about it, it just keeps coming back. Especially the thing about Jessica.” Yuri looked away.

“You know, last night we texted Sunny unnie –“

“Last night? Weren’t you already asleep last night?” Yuri interrupted.

“Nope. We just put my phone on silent mode.” Yoona explained.

 “So, where was I? Oh yeah, we asked her what happened to you and Jessica unnie. They said they tried to interrogate her but she pushed them all out of her room and locked it. I suppose they still haven’t talked to her until now. So, since we were curious like crazy, we texted Soo Min-ssi and asked her.” Yoona said. The moment she heard Soo Min’s name, her eyes went wide. She had a feeling that Soo Min won’t think twice on telling them the whole story.

“So, we texted her and, luckily, she was still awake. She told us that those two have kissed somewhere in their filming location and Jaejoong oppa hasn’t told you anything about it. She also said that Sica unnie has something up her sleeve to steal him away from you, and that’s the real reason she’s here. Honestly, I felt so dumbfounded that she’s been doing that all this time without us knowing. I mean, how could she do that so flawlessly without giving any hint about it?” Yoona exclaimed.

“I know. I trusted her so much that I didn’t think that she could do anything like it.” Yuri said in disbelief. Yoona nodded.

“If I was her, I’d rather leave GG. I swear, if ever I see her I would –“

“No! She’s still our friend. She’s still one of us. She could just apologize, and I’d gladly accept her apology with open arms.” Yuri said.

“Wha – ?! Unnie, stop that “nice girl” thing of yours. You’ve been hurt, betrayed, lied to and now this?! Come on!! When can you realize that life isn’t as easy as you think?! Do you think she would apologize?! And even if she did, do you even think that she’d change in just a blink of an eye?! Aigoo, use that head of yours, unnie!!” Yoona continuously said. She didn’t notice that she has raised her voice too much that Yuri was almost on the verge of tears.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was just too taken away by my feelings. I just care for you, you know? I don’t want to see you crying like that again. I just don’t want you to get hurt again.” Yoona sighed. Yuri looked at her and hugged her.

“Gomawo. I’m really lucky to have a friend like you.” Yuri happily said.

---oOo---

A few hours later, the other girls who were left at the dorm came to visit, including Jessica. Until now, Sooyoung and Sunny still didn’t know the real reason why Yuri and Jessica fought. They kept on asking her along the way but Jessica acted like she didn’t hear them. Tiffany, on the other hand, knew of this matter much more than the other girls do.

For each step that Tiffany took on the stairs, her heart felt heavier and heavier.

I hope this doesn’t get that bad. Tiffany sighed.

After a few minutes of searching, they found Yuri’s room and knocked. Taeyeon opened the door and saw the girls.

“Oh, come in.” Taeyeon smiled at them, but when she saw Jessica, her smile quickly faded. Seohyun was preparing Yuri’s breakfast. She raised her head and saw her other unnies.

“Oh, good morning unnies.” Seohyun smiled. She tried to smile at Jessica but she felt awkward by doing so.
“Yuri-ah, how are you feeling?” Sunny asked. Yuri, who was sipping a cup of hot milk, turned at them and smiled.

“I’m fine, guys. Don’t worry about me.” She gave them a reassuring smile.

“No, you’re not.” Yoona, who was reading a newspaper, interrupted their conversation.

“And even if you’re physically okay, are you emotionally okay?” Yoona said. The atmosphere in the room became heavier. No one dared to talk.

“And I know that SHE knows the very reason why this is happening to you.” Yoona pointed finger directly at Jessica. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Seohyun looked away from Jessica, already knowing where the conversation is about to go, while the others raised their eye brows, oblivious of what Yoona was talking about. Tiffany felt a jolt at her chest, knowing what events are about to take place.

Yuri grabbed Yoona’s hand and held it hard, trying to stop her.

“What? You’re stopping me? Heck, no!! They should know what this witch did to you.” Yoona insisted.

“Yoona-yah…. Please.” Yuri pleaded.

“Wait, what do you mean?” Sooyoung demanded. Yoona was about to answer in a loud manner when suddenly, Tiffany spoke.

“Y-Yuri-ah, do you want to go out to see the hospital’s garden?” Tiffany told Yuri. But it was clear to the other girls that it wasn’t an invitation, but an order instead.

“But –“ Yuri tried to protest.

“It’s beautiful out there. And the morning wind is fresh.” Tiffany widened her eyes for Yuri to understand that she was obviously telling her to come with her. Yuri finally understood and just went out of her bed and left the room with Tiffany. When Tiffany was only a few steps away from the door, Taeyeon whispered to her.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon whispered.

A few minutes later, they reached the garden outside of the hospital. Yuri and Tiffany sat on a nearby bench. There was a long moment of silence between the two. Yuri was waiting for Tiffany to say something until Tiffany hugged Yuri all of a sudden.

“I’m sorry!!” Tiffany said. Yuri was still in shock to say anything but she managed to ask her why she was apologizing. Tiffany let go of Yuri and lowered her head.

“I didn’t know that this would get this far.” Tiffany said.

“Don’t know what would get this far? What are you talking about?” Yuri demanded.

“I should’ve told you years ago. I’m so sorry!!’ Tiffany cried.

“What is it?!” Yuri shook Tiffany’s shoulders.

“I know all about this, okay?! Even before we became idols!! I became very suspicious that she was planning something. I really had a bad feeling about and now I regret not telling any of it to you!!“ Tiffany blurted. The moment Yuri heard of this, she loosened her grip on Tiffany’s shoulder.

“Y-you WHAT?” Yuri asked. Tiffany slowly nodded.