12

warm and cold

Suyoung's POV :

I woke up early today because I have to go to work. I took a shower and put on some skinny jeans with a stripe t-shirt. Im sure that mom and dad are already in the kitchen since they always wake up early. I walked down to the kitchen. "Morning princess~" "Morning dad! Where's mom?" "Cooking breakfast." I went to my mom and helped her cook the food. She was making french toast. After finished cooking, my brothers came down and we all sat down and ate our breakfast. We talked about various of topics. Mostly about work since my brothers had meetings yesterday, they wanted to keep my dad in the loop. Then, all of us went to work. Dad and my brothers head straight to the office and I need to go to the cafe. Mom is staying at home but she said that Mrs.Kim will be coming to our house today. We guessed that they were probably going to talk about yesterday. Anyways, I went to the cafe and Jihye greeted me. "Good morning Suyoungie!" "Morning Jihye!" I put my things in the locker that was provided and head to the counter. I'll be the waitress and in charge of the drinks. I used to work at Starbucks when I was in high school so Im pretty good in making drinks. This cafe is busy even though it's only 7.50 am. It isn't really busy after 9 am so now we're pretty much just hanging around at the counter. "Sooooo, how was the dinner?" "Everything went well. His parents were really nice." "Just his parents? What about him?" "He was pretty scary at first but then we talked and he isn't really that bad." "Wait, he actually TALKED?" "Yeah. He was laughing at my face and making fun of me a little." "HE LAUGHED?!" Jihye screamed and she looked really suprised. "J-jihye are you okay?" Then jihye put both of her hands on my shoulders and said, "Lee Suyoung, how the hell did you make Kai, the cold hearted person to laugh and talked with you so easily?!" "I didn't do anything, I just talked." "You're one amazing chick you know that. Kai is really harsh towards strangers and he usually ignores them." " Well, he didn't really talked at first but I decided to talk to him first and besides, im sure he just did that because our parents were there." "I don't think sooo~" "We just met yesterday. It doesn't mean anything." "Aigoo~ you're really slow about these things. You better keep me updated about this!" "Okay okay~" "Anyways, was he handsome?" "Yeah. He was really handsome and tall." "Perfect for youuu~" This Jihye. -.- "You know, you're sounding more like my mother right now." Jihye laughed and said "Sorry, sorry. But I think you guys are going to be an interesting couple." I wanted to say something back but a customer walked in so we had to get back to work. Soon, it was lunch hour so the cafe will be closed and Jihye is going to have lunch with her boyfriend so i'll be eating by myself T.T I decided to go to a restaurant near the cafe. As I was closing the shop, a customer walked in. "Sorry, we're closed right now. You should come back after 2.10 pm." "Im not here as a customer." that voice sounded familiar. I turned around and it was him.

 

Kai's POV :

I was at my office handling some documents when all of a sudden, mom called. "Hello? Jong in?" "Yes mom." "Are you busy right now? Im not bothering you right?" "No, not really. Im just handling some documents." She's up to something. She's giggling like a fangirl. "Are you having lunch alone or do you have plans?" "Im having lunch alone or maybe I'll just skip it." "No no no~ you must eat something. You know you're  always hungry and you'll get sick if you don't eat enough. You've been really busy lately and you're not eating alot like before." "Okay then. I'll have lunch soon. Don't worry." "Aigoo~ it's not fun having lunch alone. Why don't you have lunch with Suyoung?" What did she just say? "Mom, it's not necessary. She might be having lunch with her friends or something." "No she isn't Kai~" I think that's Mrs.Lee's voice. "Annyeonghaseyo Mrs.Lee. I didn't know I was on speaker." "Hehe, we're sorry about that." Mrs Lee replied and now I felt guitly. I was just joking..okay maybe not so mom butted in and said "Jong in! Watch your manners would you?" "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings Mrs Lee. Im really sorry." I apologised and Mrs Lee just laughed it off. "Aigoo, it's okay. My sons are just like you sometimes." "Anyway~~~ you should go and have lunch with Suyoung. She said she's having lunch all by herself today." Im guessing mom and Mrs Lee called in on her just now. I know im going to get a scolding from my mom if I reject this. There's no escape for me. "Alright. Where is her workplace?" "OH! you're realllyyy going then?!" Mom squealed, I mean, both of them squealed. "If you don't want me to then-" "No! I'll send you the address! Go and pick her up soon okay?" "Okay mom." She quickly hung up the phone. Straight away, I got the address. They're so excited about this. I looked at my watch and it's 1.36 pm. Since lunch hour is around 1.45 or so, I should get going. It turns out, her workplace is quite near to mine. Soon, I reached at the her workplace. Mom said she works at a cafe and there's only one cafe here. "Sweet memories cafe?" I looked at the signboard. The lights are closed. And there's only one person inside checking the counter and all. I quickly recognised her. It's Suyoung. I don't know why but I was happy to see her and I automatically smiled when I said her name. Argh, Kim Jong in, don't tell me you're falling for her? >.< I snapped myself out and just walked in the cafe. She heard me coming in and said "Im sorry, the cafe is closed right now. You should come back after 2.10 pm." She didn't even turned around to look at my face or something. "Im not here as a customer." I said and I think she noticed that my voice was familiar and she turned around and she looked suprised to see me. "Kai-ssi? What are you doing here?" "Im taking you out for lunch." "Lunch? Aren't you busy?" "If I was busy, I wouldn't have came here right?" I said in a sarcastic way. "Hey, I was just asking and you should really watch your manners you know." She looked kind of angry but she scolded me like a mom. I wanted to smile but I tried to hold myself. "Do you need to do anything else? Come on, Im hungry~" I whined and she chuckled at me. It's nice seeing her smile. She looked really pretty. Wait, stop it Jong In! "Fine, let's go before you cry here." She teased me and I laughed a little. She locked the shop and I opened the car door for her. "Thanks." She said and after I went in the car. She asked me "Where are we having lunch?" "Just wait and see." She didn't asked anything further and she's quite obedient. It's cute. Did I just say that? Im going crazy am I? "Um, is it possible that you're having lunch with me because my mom asked you to?" My guess was correct after all. "Yeah. Did your mom called you to see whether you were busy for lunch?" "Yeah. You too?" I nodded and she said "Im sorry for causing you trouble." "You're not causing me any trouble so don't worry about it." I flashed a smile and she looked relieved and smiled back at me. I literally melted when she smiled at me. I couldn't help but blushing. "Why are you red? Are you sick?" "Huh? N-no. Im fine." She looked at me for a while but shooked it off soon. We talked about how our moms reacted after the dinner last night and laughed about it. I didn't realised that I was so comfortable around her. Nobody made me feel this comfortable so fast before. Not even EXO make me feel this comfortable so fast before, not even that person. Soon, we reached at the restaurant. It was Kyungsoo's family restaurant actually. We were at our table when a familiar voice was calling Suyoung. "Suyoungie?" we both turned around and Suyoung looked suprised. "Oppa?"

 

So who do you guys think that called suyoung? kekeke if you want to find out, stay tuned~ kekeke it feels like im making a commercial or something. lol anyways, i hope you like this chapter! Comments are always welcomed! btw, tonight is GD's one of a kind concert here in malaysia! uuuuuuu T.T i couldn't see him! not even at the airport lol 2ne1's comeback is also approaching soon sooooo I can't waitttt hehe. I updated two chapters today! So, do you guys like it? i think i'll update again tonight so wait for it! I hope you like the story so far and enjoy reading this story! As usual, you're comments are welcomed ! :DD