First Impression

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

YOUR POV

 

“Housemate…?” At this very moment, I could feel my eyes going out of its sockets. The guy in front of me who assumed to be my… housemate, just simply nodded. How could he be fine with this?!

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, letting myself calm down. Here goes my impulses again.

He chuckled, eyeing me again like I’m sort of new best-selling product in the market. You know what? He’s starting to freak me out.

I looked at him suspiciously, my eye squinted. My gaze met his and I shivered slightly. There's something in his eyes that's... unusual. It's like his gaze is so powerful. I scanned his face, looking at every detail. I feel like a creep doing this.

Then his lips began to move.

“If you want, we could be roommates.” He winked.

Okay what I said was an understatement. He doesn’t freak me out, he’s killing me! What a ert. What if I get ? Oh please no.

Inside I’m panicking, but I tried to compose myself in front of him, keeping my bad- façade. “ert.” I snickered.

“Not really.” He smirked back before stalking off.

 

 

“B…but Dad!”

I could hear my father chuckle on the other line. “No, he’s a good boy. He’s my friend’s son. In fact, I already met him several times.”

*Good boy?!* I inhaled deeply with what I heard. “Even so. You’re letting me live with a boy? I mean, what kind of act is that? Making your daughter suffer with a stranger? Dad please!”

There was silence on the other line for a while. “He’s not a stranger, honey. And, I already paid half the rent of the house.”

“You could’ve gotten me a condo unit! Or an apartment! Alone!”

My Dad sighed on the other line. “ I just wanted you to have someone with you in the house. I trust Myungsoo.”

I blew my bangs up, getting tired. “Does he even know you?”

“Of course! I’m his godparent. He just never knew I have a daughter.” He replied, his tone convincing. I guess I can never get away with this.

“But Da—“

“Hae, please honey.”

That just did it. Whenever my Dad does that, his pleading, I can never resist. This big heart of mine, really.

“Okay, Dad.” I mumbled. Dad chuckled whole-heartedly on the other line. “I love you, my princess. Take care and call me often!”

“Hmmm. I love you too Appa.”

 

 

“Wow, what an obedient child. Definitely two-faced.” My housemate chuckled behind me, leaning his back on the wall. He was doing it again, eyeing me with his… fierce gaze.

“Can you stop that?” I blurted out, annoyed.

His brows furrowed. “What? Do I dazzle you?” His lips tugged into a sly smile. I just scrunched my nose. “No. You disgust me.”

He rolled his eyes yet he was wearing a smile on his face. “You know what? You’re interesting.”

“You sound like I’m a toy.”

“You’re not?”

This annoying arrogant guy! I glared at him, but he was just giggling. “Where are the rooms?” I yawned, tired. Talking with this guy irks me. I don’t even know his name.

“Upstairs to the left.” He answered without taking his gaze on me. I just nodded, trudging upstairs. Before I could reach the rooms, he shouted.

“You're lucky to live with Kim Myungsoo!”

Oh so that’s the douchebag's name.

“Eunhae-sshi!”

 

Wait—he knows my name. Now that’s freakier.

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo lazily dressed himself up and checked his appearance on the mirror. A smile tugged on his lips.

“I look good.” He muttered with a chuckle.

As he exited his room, the car keys twirling on his finger, his eyes landed on the door to his right. He stopped walking abruptly and just stared.

*Am I really going to live with a girl?* He thought, frozen on his place. Few moments after, he woke up from his daze and shrugged. “That was a dumb question.” He mumbled and made his way downstairs to his car. As usual, he’s meeting the boysat the usual place. 

 

 

“Yah! Where have you been?!” Sungyeol glared at his friend who plopped on the couch beside him. Myungsoo shrugged nonchalantly and pulled out his phone.

Sungjong pranced inside the living room. “Hyung! You’re here!”

Myungsoo did not even look up from his phone. He wildly tapped the buttons, eyes intently glued on the screen. “What are you so busy with?” Sungyeol peeked. Sungggyu blew a raspberry at the other end of the couch. “As usual. With his own weird little world.”

“Yeah, cold on the outside, total weirdo in the inside!” Woohyun laughed. Myungsoo glared at him for a second and went back to what he was doing. Hoya and Dongwoo were unbothered on the floor, busy with their game.

 

“Hyung can we go to your house later?” Sungjong batted his lashes at the ice prince. Myungsoo nodded, then later realized his mistake. “Andwae!” He shrieked, his alien voice piercing.

“Geez L, cut that out.” Hoya snickered. Myungsoo sat there, biting his lip. He was thinking of an excuse. Sungjong looked at him weirdly. “It’s your first time to say no, hyung.”

Woohyun chuckled as he looked at Myungsoo. “Are you hiding a girl?!”Myungsoo froze on his place. The hair on the back of his neck tingled. “N…no, of course. My… Dad is coming tonight.” He exhaled, relieved he thought of that.

Sunggyu’s brows furrowed. “Since when did your Dad start visiting your your house?”

“Even so, since when did you communicate with your Dad?” Dongwoo added, suspicious. Myungsoo rolled his eyes; he at these things. “Reality check, I’m his son, he’s my Dad. Duh.”

The guys just looked at him like he’s retarded.

Myungsoo sighed, stood up and dusted off lint on his pants. He his heel and trudged towards the door. “Nothing to do here.” He waved and exited the room.

Sungjong blinked as the door slammed shut. “Is he… sick?” The guys composed themselves and went back to whatever they were doing.

“Nah, he’s just weird.” Woohyun shrugged.

 

 

Chanyeol rolled on the bed, his long legs not fitting, his feet hanging on the air. “This room’s pretty neat.” He commented, his eyes looking around. You blew a raspberry and just nodded while sitting on your pile of clothes. “Yeah, yeah…”

“Why such long face, Hae? We haven’t seen each other for a year and you’re frowning?” He jolted up from his position and pursed his lips. You didn’t even respond to your cousin. Instead, you stood up and dragged him out.

Chanyeol staggered as you dragged him. “For a girl, you’re strength is impressive. What did you eat in Cali, anyway?” He chuckled as he put on his shoes. “I can’t get over the fact that I’m living with a boy, Oppa.” You slumped on the couch, waiting for him to put on his sneakers. Chanyeol snickered. “Do you want to live with me then?” He smiled his creeper smile. You just had to roll your eyes at that. “No thanks.”

 

 

MYUNGSOO’S POV

 

 

My friends are such smart-asses. How could they even suggest that I’m living with a girl?

I’m hiding it though. Of course, the ever so cool Kim Myungsoo living with a girl? Now that’s big  hot issue. Phew, I’m doing this for Appa, cause he gave me no choice.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“You take care of your Uncle Park’s daughter, ara?” He chided. I clenched my fist. How could Abbeoji think of this? Letting me live with a girl? Nonsense.

He cleared his throat, getting my attention. “Son?”

“Appa, this is nonsense.” I seethed, composing myself. He sighed as he approached me and placed his warm hand on my shoulder. He gave it a light squeeze before speaking. “Just do me a favor. Your Uncle Park is worried his princess would find it hard to adjust. You know… culture shock maybe?”

I scrunched my nose at what he said. “But appa, I’m no—“

“Myungsoo. Just do this. Just this once.”

With that he exited the room without letting me explain.

 

End of FLASHBACK

 

“Sheesh.” I leaned back on my car seat for a while as I thought. I could hear the soft humming of the song playing in my playlist. My eyes somehow landed at my house.

The sun was already setting, and the house’s exterior looked calming. To me, a home is always a home. A sanctuary. Despite the mess I make.

Just as I was about to get out of my car, Eunhae, as I could remember, walked out the door laughing. It’s weird seeing her smile. She’s just so… bratty when I met her.

A guy followed her out and they held hands as they slipped in a Jaguar and drove away.

“Wow.” It was the word that escaped my lips.

First day here and she brings a boy in?

 

That’s… naughty.

 

 

 

______________________________--

Second chappie ;> Thank you for the comments, and the subbies!

you could check out my completed fanfics too if you want. here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/190149/you-changed-me-comedy-fluff-romance-you-exo-baekhyun-exobaekhyun

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/72309/can-this-lead-to-love-arrangedmarriage-fluff-minho-romance-shinee-taemin-you

and leave your comments too! I'd love to hear from you anywhere. thanks! =))