Blessing

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes briefly. Moments passed, and you just gave him this look, this kind of look that didn’t send him any positive assumptions. He slowly stood up from his kneeling position, biting his lip. Now his pride whispered to him.

Nobody rejects Kim Myungsoo. Or so.

“M..Myung…” You croaked, the first words you ever spoke after he asked that question. The question that held everything. His eyes stared back at you, with that hint of determination. But he pursed his lips, like bracing himself for what’s to come.

You looked down your toes, afraid of melting under his strong gaze. It was rare seeing his eyes like that. It has always been cold, hard… fierce.

Your ears heard nothing else, but the words that escaped his lips a few moments ago.

“Will you be mine?”

“Will you be mine?”

“Will you be mine?”

His voice dominated your head. And his presence, just in front of you, was doing something else to your weak emotions. It was worse now— the tingling on your fingers, the churning on your tummy, the dance on your heart.

And undeniably, it felt good. For so many tmes, you have been shunning the fact that it felt good, because you were in denial. You clammed yourself with the fact that it was merely weird feelings.

That weird feeling you called, was nothing else than what Myungsoo want to hear.

Again, you looked up, meeting his gaze. Myungsoo exhaled, his deflated shoulders rising up. He put on his arrogant smile, his usual self. “You know what? It’s fine.” He chuckled bitterly. “I was maybe you know, uhm, expecting? But I –“

“Yes.” You squeaked, your eyes shut. He held his breath, his eyes narrowed. He swallowed his spit before managing to respond. “W…what?”

You opened your eyes, meeting his strong gaze. “Y-yes.”

A smile slowly tugged on his lips. Not that cocky smile he usually wears but that genuine smile he rarely shows. “Really?”

You just nodded, smiling now. If it hadn’t been night time, sure he would be laughing at how red your face was. Myungsoo burst out in a loud guffaw. “Like really really really really???!”

You giggled, slapping his arm to calm him down. He eventually stopped and pulled you in his arms. That feeling got worse, yet you let it be. Slowly, you lifted your arms to hug him back.

His face lit up even more when he felt your arms around him.

“Finally.” He whispered against your hair.

He pulled away, his eyes twinkling under the moonlight. He was now wearing his playful smirk as he leaned closer. Your heart was skipping unbelievable number of beats, your knees gatting all jiggly. Fortunately Myungsoo supported your weight with his hold.

“The brat is mine.”

He whispered, closing the space between you two and placing his lips on top of yours.

 

 

MORNING

 

A yawn escaped your lips as you tried so hard to fight your heavy lids. You looked around, blinking innocently. Your whole body felt tired, and your tummy grumbled for food.

You were about to hop out of bed, when a memory hit you.

“Will you be mine?”

Your eyes shot wide, a small squeal escaping your lips. Your fingers touched your lips, still unable to get over the fact. You exhaled, brows knitted together.

“Good Morning, brat.” The door creaked open, Myungsoo’s face popping out. Your eyes shot wide, and you looked away, hiding your flushed cheeks. He smiled to himself.

“What? You’re ignoring me now?” He let himself in. You hid under the covers, embarrassment eating you whole. His presence was just so… overwhelming. You shrieked when you felt weight press beside you. “Hey, someone’s home. You might want to clean up. See you downstairs.”

When the door closed, you sat up almost abruptly, calming your hammering heart. “It’s still Myungsoo. What’s wrong with me?”

 

After a good half an hour, you sneakily went down in a loose top and denim shorts. The sound of pots clanking and plates tickled your hungry tummy.

“I see you already decided to go down after how many years.” Yeol grinned, spreading his arms. You ran to him instantly, getting attacked by his bear hug. Lay chuckled from behind. “Maybe because of Yeol’s height that I’m unnoticed?”

You brightened up, leaving Yeol for Lay. “Hey Oppa!” You beamed, giving him a light embrace. Instantly, a big smile plastered on your face at the sight of the boys.

Myungsoo walked out the kitchen, together with Chunnie. Your derpy brother was wearing an apron, small beads of sweat tickling down his forehead.

“Hey sis.” He grinned.

You reluctantly approached him. “I’ll hug you later, Oppa. You look… dirty.”

Everybody chuckled. Chun made a face. “No food for you then.”

You groaned. “I love you, you know that!”

“I hate you, you know that.” He chuckled, walking back to the kitchen.

 

“So what brings you guys here?” You chirped, muching on a munckin. Myungsoo sat beside you, while Lay and Yeol fought over a piece of munchkin left on the plate.

“Ya!”

They looked up, sensing your irritation. “Because you have something to tell us.”

Lay nodded. “Yes, you missy have something to tell us.”

You looked at Myungsoo nervously. He was just sitting there, arrogantly rolling his eyes at you. Your blood boiled helplessly. “W-what?”

Chunnie walked in the scene, his arms crossed. He sent you this kind of look that sent shivers down your spine. “Really? You’re going to play innocent?” His voice was thick with sarcasm. “And if you’re thinking how in the world I found out, well… I do have my sources.”

Chanyeol bit back his laughter.

Myungsoo stood up and cleared his throat. “I… I need to tell you something, Yoochun Hyung, Yi Xing Hyung and Chanyeol-sshi.”

“And here it goes.” Lay mumbled. Chun raised his brows, expectant.

Myungsoo gulped, melting under the gazes of the three boys. He uneasily shifted his weight to his other foot. “I… I…I asked Eunhae to be my girlfriend. As to why, it can’t be expressed in words. What I feel… it’s beyond words.”

Chanyeol wiggled his eyevrows playfully, while Lay smiled goofily at you. You turned your back on them, annoyed. Yoochun didn’t move a muscle. “And?”

“She… she said yes.”

You looked down, heat running up your cheeks. Chanyeol plopped beside you and slung an arm around your shoulders. “Our baby’s all grown up!”

Chun’s lips tugged into a smile. “You do know you’ll have to talk to me privately, right, young man?”

Myungsoo nodded, smiling sheepishly.

Chun smiled, satisfied. “Good then. You guys just prepare for Mom and Dad.” He smirked, winking at you. You cringed and rolled your eyes.

Myungsoo exhaled, for he just lifted something off his shoulders. “Three down, two to go.” He muttered.

 

Yeol and Lay left after a while, leaving you and Myungsoo for the dishes. Chun was lounging on the living room by himself.

“Myung.” You started. He was wiping the dishes while you washed. The pretty boy’s afraid of getting dirty that the two of you fought over who washes. Unfotunately, you lost in a game of rock paper scissors.

He looked up. “What?”

“Were you afraid of the Oppas?”

He chuckled. “Not really… they’re just… protective over you.”

“Then are you afraid of my parents?”

He smiled. “I’m Kim Myungsoo, I can charm your parents like how I charmed you, brat.” He winked. You cringed. “Oh let’s just see about that.”

You passed another plate to him, and he received it willingly. Your fingers touched, and the moment stopped. He smirked, pulling you closer, letting the plate down. A small squeak escaped your lips. “What? I can’t hold your hand?” He blinked innocently.

You bit your lip, again drowning in euphoria.

He chuckled. “You’re blushing~ Ohhh, she’s blushing!!”

“No I’m not!” You retorted.

Chun walked in the kitchen, eyes darting to your hands.

He clucked his tongue disapprovingly. “Hands. Off.”

Myungsoo jerked his hands away and wiped the plate instead. His lips formed into a disappointed pout. You giggled, washing the dishes.

Chun walked out after grabbing his bottle of water. He slightly smirked to himself.

“That was entertaining.”

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________-

cockblok bro. lol