Sacrifice

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Tears blurred your sight, as it lined your cheeks endlessly. You bit your lip to control your sobs, hiding yourself from the crowd. And the last building was the perfect place.

The setting seemed to fit your mood. There were abandone chairs everywhere, socks of used papers at the corner, broken tables and such. Gloomy.

It never crossed your mind, not even once, about your secret. It’s not only your secret, it’s also Myungsoo’s. And telling another person seemed wrong.

But it’s the reason why L.joe had been cold to you, and it jumbled your mind. You don’t know what’s right anymore. You don’t know anything.

 

 

The school was buzzing about something again today.

“Damn that’s shocking!”

“She…. She’s digging her own grave!”

“How dare she?!”

“What a flirt. I bet she’s a hard-time sasaeng.”

 

Myungsoo casually strolled along the hallways with the guys, his hands nonchalantly on his pocket. He was observing his surroundings, when he noticed something was up.

“Why are the people looking at me like that?” He blurted out. Woohyun chuckled and slung an arm around his shoulder. “What? Like… ogle at you? You know what? Me too, I don’t get why they think you’re hot. I mean, I’m obviously hotter. Like the hotteet man alive.”

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed in irritation as he pushed him away. “Not that look, you idiot.”

Hoya pranced beside him. “Myung, are you telling me you’re noticing your surroundings now?”

Myungsoo looked at him pointedly. “Don’t I always?”

“Nope. You’re always in your own world, dude.”  Sungyeol smacked his head. He moved away, a good meter away from his friends, and scowled. “I’m getting really curious.”

Sunggyu shrugged and tapped a girl at the back. She turned, blood rushing to his cheeks when her eyes met Sunggyu’s. “Oh, Infinite…” She gasped, her eyes rounding.

Sungjong bite back his laughter. The girl looked like fainting.

Sunggyu flashed her a crooked smile, which made her gasp again. “Perhaps… you know what people are talking about?”

She shyly nodded, glancing at Myungsoo. “About L-sshi…”

“What about me?” L snapped.

Hoya chuckled and pulled him back. “Your temper, geez.” He whispered.

The random girl furrowed her brows. You guys… don’t know?”

“Well that’s why we’re asking, technincally.” Sungyeol rolled his eyes. Woohyun glared at him and winked at the girl. “What do we not know, cutie?”

Her cheeks flamed instantly.

“That… That Kim Myungsoo lived with Park Eunhae.” She squeaked.

 

 

 

“L!”

Myungsoo heard nothing. After those words registered in his head, he sprinted through the hallway, his eyes sharp, his jaw clenched.

Worry was eating him whole.

Yeah, he should be raging right now, his cover was blown. No one was supposed to know, for goodness sake! He was a jjang and living with a girl will do damage. Big damage.

But as of the moment, he didn’t care. Surprisingly, his thoughts revolved only around you. Were you safe? His heart hammered at the thought.

“She better be.” He muttered.

 

 

“Where is she?” He gasped, panting.

L.joe looked at Myungsoo, his eyes unreadable. “What?”

“Eunhae. Where is she?”

L.joe’s eyes faltered. Your name brought pain to him. He shrugged, turning away. “I don’t know.”

Myungsoo ran to him and spun him. “Please, tell me where she is. And, I know you know it now. Do you know who spread it?” His eyes were pleading, the great L vanishing in a second.

L.joe looked at him questioningly. “About her living with you?”

Myungsoo nodded. “Where is she?”

L.joe shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Myungsoo gave him one last look before running away. L.joe stood there, frozen. *The school knows?*

His legs started to run for the door, but he abruptly stopped. He could still hear Myungsoo’s steps running away. Should he run for you too? His fist clenched as he contemplated within himself.

 

“Park Eunhae!” Myungsoo screamed, his legs taking long strides as he passed by different buildings. He stopped, his heart as if stopping with his steps. His forehead creased, and his eyes darted here and there. He was gasping for air, oblivious of the students looking at him.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened when he saw the last building. Immediately, he ran.

“Eunhae?” He called out, softer this time. Only old abandoned furniture greeted him, no sign of you. He scratched his head in frustration as he let out a sigh. “Eunhae!”

He heard a gasp, and there you were, sitting on the corner, curled on you knees. His eyes softened, and he approached you with light steps. “Ya.”

His heart felt this burning inside him, and this urge.

You looked back at him with blurry eyes. “What… What are you doing here? How did you.. you find me?”

Instead of answering, Myungsoo kneeled in front of you, offering you his handkerchief. “Here.”

You looked at his calm face, uncertain. “Myungsoo… What..”

“Shh.” He shushed, wiping the tears himself. He didn’t know why, but the sight of you broken pained him, too much. He sat beside you, slowly pushing your head to lean on his shoulder. He wrapped one arm around you, as you silently let out all the tears.

And there, without words, he expressed himself.