Settle down

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

*No, I’m just overthinking… just overthinking.*

Myungsoo constantly reminded himself, but it did no help. He was running fast, eyes darting everywhere. Unusually,there was this strong energy on his legs that urged him to run.

“Eunhae!” He hollered, little drops of sweat rolling down his forehead.

He ran all the way to the cafeteria, still no signs. He ran again to the library, nothing. He let out a frustrated groan, hit fist colliding with the wall. “Darn!”

“Myungsoo-sshi...?” A voice caught his attention, and he turned instantly on his heel. Jaehhe blinked back. “Uhh….”

“Have you seen Eunhae?” He blurted out.

Jaehee seemed astonished, but she slowly nodded. “We were… together a while ago..”

“Where?”

Jaehee moved a step back. “R…room 154.”

 

L.joe followed Infinite's tracks, worry eating him whole.

He wanted you safe, he wanted to protect you too. If those girls ever did anything, he would explode with anger. But Myungsoo was ahead of him, and that made him think. Looking at it now, he doesn't really care. He needs you safe, and if Myungsoo would be able to protect you from harm, there's nothing he would do to stop him. 

Myungsoo darted across the hallway, his heart hammering. He wanted to shun the possibilities away from his mind. He always hated the Song Girls, because of their manners that fit somewhere else not fit for humans. He just hated it when girls acted all y, and flirty. Like they're degrading their own selves.

And the thought of those girls with you made his heart beat even faster then normal. He was skipping beats, and so were his legs. He was running with bigger strides.

“Eunhae!” He pushed the door open, his eyes sharp.

 

 

“Myungsoo Oppa!” One girl squeaked, batting her lashes. Myungsoo rolled his eyes distastefully. “You can still bat your fake long lashes at me?” He spitefully snarled.

“O…Oppa?” The girl pouted, as her fellow members watched with the same utter shock.

Myungsoo brushed past all of them, his eyes searching.

He felt a wave of relief wash over his whole system when he saw you. But anger immediately took over, when his eyes landed on your red wrist and the small cuts on your cheek.

He examined it for while, his brows arched and his lips pursed.

“Ya Kim Myungsoo, don’t do anything ra—“

Your words were too late. Myungsoo stood up, glaring at the girls. “You dare lay a finger on her?!” He roared. The girls instinctively backed away, shivering.

Infinite arrived, together with L.joe. Their eyes grew round, again witnessing the great wrath of Kim Myungsoo.

“Shoot. Here it goes.” Dongwoo whispered.

 

“Opp…ppa. She… she’s just using you. She’s… flirting with you. We don’t want that.” One girl spoke through quivering lips.

Myungsoo snickered. “Are you describing yourself?” He took a few steps towards them, and you followed behind him, in case he explodes. 

The girls gulped, utterly offended.

“Listen, I don’t want anyone hurting her.” Myungsoo declared, his brows arched and his voice thick with anger. He purposely heightened his voice, intending for everyone to hear, including the students who gathered to watch the scene.

You flinched, almost hiding on his back. “Myungsoo… stop.”

“I don’t want anyone talking against her, badmouthing her, even treating her improperly!” He added, his fist clenched. You closed your eyes, letting the darkness swallow you whole.

Myungsoo exhaled and sent the girls his darkest glare. “And you, if I see you again, I will not hesitate to hurt you, girl or not.” He hissed.

The room fell silent.

Myungsoo turned his back from the people and faced you. “Ya, brat. A....are you okay?”

“Y…You didn’t have to…”

“Please, shut up with that 'I’m fine' and 'I can handle this' excuses. You can eat your pride and thank me.” He groaned.

One of the girls shrieked, seeing Myungsoo’s concern for you. 

“She doesn’t deserve you Oppa! She’s just a… newbie form another country!”

Myungsoo’e head immediately jerked to her direction, a bitter chuckle escaping his lips. “And who deserves me? You?!” He snarled, eyeing the girl from head to toe. She flinched uncomfortably. Myungsoo’s hand clenched into a hard ball fist, all the energy pounding on that very hand. He was losing his cool.

“You indecent girls.” He seethed, his hand raising up.

You immediately grabbed his fist, opening his palm, massaging it gently. He shot you a look. You gently squeezed his palm, stopping him. “Don’t.” You mouthed.

Myungsoo exhaled heavily. He softened with your simple gesture. He slowly faced the crowd, his lips that were pressed into a thin line parting.

“I tell you, all of you, don’t ever—“

“Stop it.” You pulled him closer, closer to you. It was the only thing you could do to stop him. His eyes widened, but his hands slowly wrapped around you, his head buried on your hair.

Your heart raced again, but now you let it be. Eevn though your heart was already bursting, the tingling all over your body, to the tips of your fingers.

“I'm f..fine, o...kay?” You whispered again, your voice shaky.

Myungsoo nodded, not caring about anything, just the feeling of you on his arms.

*Of course you are, brat.* He smirked.

 

Infinite stopped short, their eyes almost jumping out of its sockets.

The crowd made no noise, all their eyes just stared.

L.joe tensed. His fist clenched, as he told himself to look away. But he couldn’t, he was stoned in place. And he knew why.

He knew what he should’ve known weeks ago.

He was never going to win, because Kim Myungsoo got an ace.

The moment you pulled Myungsoo in your arms, he knew.

He kept on comparing, thinking. But the answer was just there, right before his eyes. He was chasing your heart, and so did Myungsoo. Both of them were in the game. But all along, he was chasing for nothing. Because your heart stopped running away, it settled in a place.

And that place, that place belonged to Myungsoo.

But you just never admitted it.

Why? One reason.

You were afraid. Afraid to lose him, if you admit. Because you valued L.joe too much. And know he knows it. Now he can clearly see why.

A soft smile slowly tugged on his lips. Yes, it did hurt him. It undeniably stabbed him a thousand million times. Very painful indeed.

But he knew better. He wouldn’t let the pain get to him, because he wanted you to be happy. And for that to happen, he needs to be your friend despite his loss.

And there, he nodded to himself. He will always be your Byungie.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

I'll beg to Santa to give ma a friend like L.joe. Late Christmas present. :>

kekekekeke