School's Heartthrob and Sleeping Dude

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

 

The next day you woke up with the sunlight pleasantly hitting your face through the slits on the curtains. The clock beside you ticked 8:00 am.

You yawned, stretching your arms up. Last night you got ‘home’ late, exhausted. Chanyeol and your other cousin, Seohyun, toured you around Seoul. When you got home, you were totally knocked out.

The thought of having a housemate never even occurred to you yesterday. You were having so much fun with your beloved cousins that it temporarily slipped out of your mind. Note that: Temporarily.

The shuffling of steps and clanking of utensils downstairs caught your attention. Early mornings are not your best. Your mind would still be distorted or such. Groggily, you forced yourself up and slowly trudged downstairs, mumbling incoherent words.

“jikyeobwa wat janha ni sarangeul gin ibyeoreul~”

A voice sang from the kitchen. It was a unique kind of voice, but beautiful. Being a curious child, you couldn’t help but wonder who it was. You sneaked towards the pillar and peeked. It was your housemate, Myungsoo.

“Tch.” You snickered when you realized who it was. The word beautiful didn’t even fit now. “Too bad you’re a douche.” You whispered.

 

 

Myungsoo his heel and raised a brow at you, wearing a straight face.

"Uhh... Hi?" You stuttered, unable to speak clearly because you were caught.

He did that for a second before turning back to what he was doing which was making a bowl of cereal and didn’t acknowledge you further. You gladly enjoyed the treatment and walked to the couch, sprawling your legs as you sat. "He's... bipolar."

 

The television was buzzing but not even one word from the news anchor in the  morning show airing registered in your mind. You were floating in your own world again.

“Seoul University…” You mumbled, thoughts running on your mind, specifically about your new school. Sure, it was a lot interesting to be transferring. But, it irked you. The fact of new things, new identity, new life, new… everything.

 

 

Little did you know, Myungsoo was looking at you from behind.

He smirked a little. * That naughty girl.*

He scoffed as he pictured you out with Chanyeol. A chuckle escaped his lips as he turned away, not wanting to think of anything else anymore. He was lazy, and he didn’t deny that either.

Too lazy to think, too lazy to live but too hype to be arrogant. Yup, that’s him.

 

“Aiiiiish!” You shrieked, pulling your bed hair. The thoughts running on your head were overloading early in the morning and it annoys you. You wanted peace and serenity. But it was impossible with the situation.

Without any further delays, you dashed upstairs to get ready for a new school year.

 

As you made your first steps inside your new school, you were quite impressed. From the exterior only, it was nice. Instantly you knew your parents had a point.

“Park Eunhae.”

The lady behind the counter called. You hurriedly scrambled towards her, receiving your new class schedule for your Business course. A smile tugged on your lips as you saw several break periods. It was a wave of relief for you. Of course, you didn’t want to pressure yourself too much with studies.

However, your brows furrowed trying to make it out in the big campus.

“Room 301…” You mumbled, looking at the room names one by one.

That was until somebody harshly hit your shoulder as they passed by. Then more hits came. You moved to the side, gluing your body to the wall as the wave of girls passed by. Squealing girls, to be exact.

“Infiite Oppas are here!”

One shrieked as she almost threw herself on the hallway. The other girls couldn’t agree more as they blushed, batted their lashes and crowded the entrance.

“AAAAAAAH, L Oppa!! Kim Myungsoo Oppa! I love youuuu so much!” You tilted when you heard the name because of its familiarity. More piercing screams and squeals followed.

“Howonnie!! Please be mine!”

“Sungjong, I’ll be a great noona to you~!”

“Sunggyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Let me love you!”

“Oh my, I’m dying of Woohyun Oppa’s hotness!”

“Sungyeol looks like a model!! Is he even real?!”

The girls were fangirling with no mercy. You just stood there, horrified with the commotion. Deep inside you were wondering who the center of these commotion was. But well, it was a commotion of squeals and shrieks and it disgusted you to the bone.

“Wild people.” You muttered as you finally composed yourself and walked to the nearest empty place. You spotted a bench under a tree just outside, and it was the perfect place. In the wee hours of the morning, waiting for your class, you rested there, unable to restrain yourself from cursing those girls who hit you.

“How can they be so… careless and desperate?!” You scoffed, looking around with creases in your forehead.

 

 

Myungsoo blew a raspberry as the girls crowded over him.

“Oppa!” “Be mine, please!” “I curled my hair for you, Oppa!” “I baked you a cake!” “Your hair looks great today!”

His head was aching with the noise and the lack of space and air. Using his powerful eyes, he glared at each one of the fangirls and they immediately backed away. Satisfied, he smirked and walked away. The girls died with that smirk.

"What does curling their hair have to do with me?" He snickered, walking away from the girls dying to just touch him.

 

“Myungsoo! Woohyun! See you both at lunch!” Sunggyu hollered as he went up with the others. Woohyun smiled at them as Myungsoo just coldly nodded at their direction.

“Dude, there’s a word ‘smile’ you know.” Woohyun socked his shoulder as they walked. Myungsoo snickered. “I know, what am I, dumb?”

“Nope. Just weird.” Woohyun mumbled as the both of them approached class.

 

 

Fortunately, after turning and running around the building, you spotted your designated room. Students already flocked the place. Some sat on the arms of the chair, some were on the teacher’s table. A group of girls chatted at the middle. Busy reading people at the front. Jocks at the back laughing at some joke.

Your eye twitched a little at the mess.

Unnoticed, you took your seat at the near back beside the window. A guy behind you was sleeping with his headphones in. You were a little amused with him. The fact that he's able to sleep despite the noisy chatic classroom.

After a few minutes the teacher finally came in, silencing the students.

He started his lesson and talked about terms and stuff. You diligently took notes, since that’s the only productive thing to do. The person behind you snored lightly.

“Lee Byunghyun!” The teacher roared. All eyes turned to the sleeping dude. He didn’t budge, instead he slept peacefully. “LEE BYUNGHYUN!”

He squirmed on his seat and mumbled. “Hmmm.”

The teacher was already fuming at the front. To prevent him from blowing up, you poked the guy with a ballpen. His eyes shot open, and he gave you a menacing glare. “What do you—“

He was cut off with the teacher’s steps approaching. You shrugged in your seat and rolled your eyes at him.

“If you want to sleep, not in my class!”

“What can I do, professor? Your class is the most… boring.” He trailed off. The students chuckled. However it was the opposite for the teacher; his eyes widened.

“Do a 3000 word essay about the importance of Taxation and pass t tomorrow!”

 

When the bell rang, students quickly emptied the room. You stayed glued to your seat, waiting for everybody to move out before moving out yourself.

“Ya.” You felt a something poke your shoulder.

 

It was the sleeping dude.

“Oh, sleeping dude…” You mumbled. He raised a brow at you. “Next time, don’t wake me up. Don’t help me.”

“I wasn’t. I was helping myself. I didn’t want the teacher’s outburst to come. Too noisy.” You replied back, annoyed. He reminded you of your arrogant housemate.

The sleeping dude rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Just remember—“ Before he could finish what he was about to say, you were already walking towards the door. “Sleep well, sleeping dude.” You muttered as you stepped out.

His mouth was agape as he let the fact that you walked out on him sink in. *That girl!* He thought, irritated.

“Ya L.joe! You coming?!” Chunji’s, his friend, hollered outside  the room.

He woke up from his daze and walked outside, yawning.

“Sleeping dude?” He chuckled to himself.

 

 

_______________________________________________________

Leave some comments! thanks :)