They already know

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

In no time, it was already Saturday morning.

 

You poured yourself a bowl of cereal, quietly devouring it on the small porch outside. Somehow the pleasant sun rays and quiet surrounding calmed you.

Myungsoo yawned as he stretched his arms. No sound was heard from the house, and he quickly assumed you left early. Again, his brows furrowed.

“Let her be, since she doesn’t want to listen.” He mumbled to himself, pressing buttons randomly at the coffee maker.

The buzzing sound made him aware of his surroundings, constantly reminding him to open his droopy eyes.

But unfortunately, his head slowly neared the table, fast asleep.

 

You entered the kitchen, humming the song from ‘the smurfs’, the empty bowl swinging in your hands. Just before you could enter, you stopped abruptly, seeing Myungsoo drool on the table.

“Ya.” You lightly poked his side, but he didn’t budge. He was a hard sleeper, and that’s undeniable. *Such a hard sleeper.* You chuckled, looking at his coffee almost done.

“Well, it wouldn’t hurt to be polite.” You mumbled, pouring him a cup and adding milk and sugar. Carefully, you placed it beside him and tapped his cheek. “Your coffee’s done. Wake up.”

Myungsoo still didn’t budge, more, he was snoring lightly.

“Myungsooooo~” You whispered near his ear, and yes it made him squirm in his seat. A giggle escaped your lips as you did it again. Myungsoo jolted up, irritation in his face. “Mwoya?!” He seethed. You blinked back, smiling innocently at him.

“Your coffee’s done.”

He looked at the cup and took a small sip. “Tastes like hell.” He muttered. You scowled and crossed your arms. “At least I tried.”

“You ruined my coffee, Eunhae. That’s not trying.” He rolled his eyes.

 

“A… are you going out?” He kept his cool, leaning on the wall as he drank the coffee you made. You shrugged, looking around the house for things to do. “I don’t know. Maybe later, visit my cousins.”

His brows furrowed as he was intrigued. “I thought you were going to make your project today?”

You returned the questioning look. “Weren’t you the one who reprimanded me? Saying it’s inappropriate?”

He couldn’t help it, a smile tugged on his lips. “You bailed on Elbow?”

“It’s L.joe.” You snickered. “And yes, I did.”

 

 

All of a sudden, the house burst open and Infinite swarmed in. All of them stopped at the sight of you, except for Sungyeol.

“The Cute girl!” Hoya pointed his finger at your direction, eyes wide. Sunggyu scanned the room and eyed you from head to toe. “What…? Why?” He gasped.

Sungyeol stood there, amused with everybody’s priceless faces.

Sungjong jumped to Myungsoo and slapped his face. “Hyung! What did you do?!” He exclaimed, a horrified expression on his face.

Dongwoo blinked innocently, clueless on what to say.

 

It was hard explaining to the boys. Myungsoo’s forehead creased as he tried to form sentences but it all ended up sounding stupid. The boys’ confusion built tension around the room. Myungsoo heaved a sigh of frustration.

“We’re housemates.” You mumbled, looking at all the eyes directed to you. Woohyun’s face fell. “You didn’t tell me.” He sniffled, clutching his heart.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at his direction. Woohyun looked up and threw daggers at his friend. “You like her, from the very beginning! You even hid the fact that you live together! Bad Myungsoo, bad!” He whined. Myungsoo exhaled, tired. “I don’t. She’s my housemate. Her Dad’s my godfather.”

Sunggyu nodded in understanding. “So that explains why you keep on pushing us out of your house….” He trailed off, looking at the boys. They nodded too. “Yeah, yeah…” Dongwoo added. “And he keeps on coming home early.”

“You come home early?” You snapped at Myungsoo who avoided your gaze. “That’s because I’m tired... always.”

You threw him a dejected look.

 

Sungjong grinned. “This just means I have a noona!” He danced there like a little child. “Eunhae noona!” He sang. You looked at him, unsure of what to do. “… Hello Sungjong.”

Hoya burst out in a loud guffaw, lightly kicking Sunjong's leg.

“You’re creeping her out, maknae!”

Sungjong batted his lashes at you, ignoring his hyung’s remark.

Sungyeol remained silent on the corner, clearly bored. Dongwoo’s attention diverted to him. “Why aren’t you surprised, Choding?”

"Yeah, you're just sitting there like nothing happened." Sunggyu added.

Sungyeol’s head snapped up. “Because I knew.”

“You… what?” Sunggyu seethed, looking at Myungsoo. Myungsoo raised his hands up. Sungyeol sighed. “I caught them, okay?”

“Caught them…?” Hoya mimicked, confused. Sungyeol nonchalantly played with his fingers. “Sleeping together.”

Eyes widened all around the room. Myungsoo was looking at you, and you were doing the same to him. Everybody stiffened. It was later when Sungyeol realized what had done.

 “That’s not what I meant!”

He exclaimed, trying to get everyone’s attention back.

 

 

The boys were enchanted by the fact that Myungsoo had a housemate. They showered you with their welcoming words while Myungsoo sat on the corner, unable to do anything.

“Let’s eat out!” Woohyun suggested. Myungsoo’s ears perked up. “Eat out? Now?”

The other boys nodded in unison. “Let’s eat out with Eunhae~~”  Donwoo sang. You blew a raspberry, looking at the boys crowding over you. “Sure, I’ll just… prepare.” You stood up and politely excused yourself.

You sat on your bed, a small smile playing on your lips as you thought of the boys’ funny and outgoing attitude. First you thought they were the cool guys of your university, when they actually are big weirdos.

A soft knock on your door woke you up from your daze. Without waiting for your approval, Myungsoo swung the door open. You looked back at him quizzically. “Yes?”

“… Well, the boys know now.” He replied, a hand on the nape of his neck. You nodded with a reassuring look. “It’s okay. I think they won’t spill. Let's just hope there are no fangirls.”

He shrugged. “Whatever, just checking up.” With that he walked out.

“You get weird sometimes, you know that?” You blurted out, making him stop in his tracks. He his heel to face you. “What?”

“Sometimes you act like you hate me so much, then at some times you actually show the teeniest hint of concern.” You stood up and approached him.

He backed away, eye twitching. “I don’t. Just being polite.” He spat out and hurriedly exited the room. You tilted your head to look at the place where he had been. “Confirmed. He’s really weird.” You chuckled.

 

The restaurant had a somehow nature aura. Green painted walls, plants, and all those bamboo designs. The table was in chaos. Sungjong and Donwoo bickered in their seats about some senseless stuff. Hoya was deep in conversation with the leader, and Sungyeol sat there playing with his phone. Myungsoo was forced to sit beside you, for he knew how irritating his friends could be. You drummed your fingers on the table, looking around.

“You have nice friends.” You commented. Myungsoo glanced at you. “Not really.”

You pouted at his lack of appreciation. “You should acknowledge your friends, you know. Look at them, they can stand your attitude.”

He slightly winced at what you said. “Is it really that bad, huh?”

“What?”

He shrugged. “My attitude.”

You chuckled and socked his shoulder. Myungsoo seemed taken aback with the touch. “Have a self-test, Kim Myungsoo.” You chided playfully. He snickered, as a smile tugged on his lips. “I’m pretty fine with myself, no thanks.”

Sungyeol’s head snapped up as he saw Myungsoo smile. “That’s… weird.” He mumbled to himself, quietly observing the situation. Sungjong ignored Dongwoo and widened his eyes at Myungsoo’s direction. “Hyung! You’re smiling!” He clapped.

The other guys turned to look at Myungsoo who immediately wore his arrogant face back. “What?” He asked, keeping his cool. Sungjong protested. “I just saw you smile!”

You bit your lip in the corner, suppressing your laughter. “He rarely smiles?” You asked. Sunggyu scoffed. “More like he never smiles.”

Myungsoo glared at his direction. You looked at Myungsoo and lightly bopped his head. “Arrogant dude.” You mouthed. His gaze landed on you and he swiftly caught your wrist. “What did you say?” He playfully neared his face to yours. The boys looked at the both of you with amusement and utter shock at Myungsoo.

Your face scrunched up. “Stop it, you’re doing it again.” You whined.

He chuckled. I'm dazzling you again?”

“No! Teasing me, killing me with your arrogant ways!” You rolled your eyes and pried his grip on your wrist. “Stupid.” You muttered. Myungsoo flashed you a cheeky smile. “Yours truly, brat.”

Infinite looked at Myungsoo in confusion.

“H…Hyung, see that? H..He just smiled… twice.” Sungjong whispered to Dongwoo, his eyes glued to Myungsoo. Dongwoo nodded slowly. “A… miracle happened.”

Hoya coughed and gulped his glass of water. Reluctantly, he nudged your side. “Uh, yes, Hoya-sshi?” You chimed. He returned the smile and examined your face. ‘E..Eunhae, Is Myungsoo like that usually?”

You rolled your eyes while snorting. “He’s like that every day, arrogant as he is.”

Hoya’s eyes twitched. “Like… he actually interacts with you? T…teasing you? Smiling like... that?” He asked again. You nodded. “Yeah, he wants me dead.” You chuckled.

“He never even smiles to me, or start a conversation.” He muttered lowly.

Sungyeol smiled to himself at the corner. *Clueless Myungsoo. You’re changing around her.* He shook his head and pretended to play.

 

That afternoon you visited Chanyeol without even telling him. His eyes rounded as he saw you on his doorstep. “Hae!” He grinned. You twitched your lip and jumped to him. Chanyeol gladly enveloped you in his arms. “What brings you here?”

You entered his flat, jumping to his big bean pillow. “Boredom.”

Chanyeol chuckled as he grabbed a bag of chips. The door to a room opened and out came Lay. He smiled seeing you there. “Hey there.” He called out.You jerked your head at the voice, and you grinned enthusiastically. “Lay Oppa, you’re here too!”

He nodded. “Duh.” You rolled your eyes and ran to hug him. He willingly caressed your hair. “Why are you here?” He asked.

Chnayeol answered for you. “Boredom, Lay. She’s bored and she decides to appear in my doorstep.” He chuckled as you shot him a look. Lay shrugged. “She’s always like that. When she needs a shopping buddy she calls me.” He snickered.

Chanyeol sighed. “Yeah, you’re right man. She only appears when she needs us.”

You smiled innocently at both of them. “That’s because I love you both.” You chirped, batting your lashes. They both rolled their eyes. “Yeah, right.” Lay scoffed.

 

Myungsoo entered his father’s building with a glum expression on his face. The secretary cheerfully greeted him, and he gave her a curt nod.

“Dad?” He asked. The secretary gave him a knowing smile. “He’s inside.”

Myungsoo exhaled before he pushed the door open. Mr. Kim looked up and smiled at his son. “How are you?” He stood up to give his son a tap on the shoulder. Myungsoo nodded slowly. “I’m… fine, Abbeoji. You called for me?” He directly said as he faced his Dad. Mister Kim’s forehead began to crease.

“Your school called me again.” He looked at his son, trying to figure out what went wrong. Myungsoo plopped on the couch and wordlessly looked his Dad.

Mr. Kim sighed. “Myungsoo, you—“

“My grades are perfectly fine, Appa. Straight A’s.” He stated. Mr. Kim heaved another sigh. “You see, that’s not the point.”

“Then… what is?” His eyes showed no hint of emotion as he leaned back on the couch. His father closed his eyes for a brief moment before he spoke. “Your attitude.”

“My conduct is good.” He reasoned, voice monotonous.

“That’s not it. Your lack of… feelings, son. I have been keeping tabs on you, and still you’re hard as stone.” He looked straight to Myungsoo’s eyes, trying to pull out some emotion. Instead, Myungsoo just twitched his lip.

“Even my own perception of things, seriously? I don’t even know what you want from me. You want good grades, check. Good conduct, check. Now my outlook in life?” His lip shaking showed his irritation. He quickly buried his face in his palms, stunned that he just talked back.

“I’m… sorry, Abbeoji.” He stood up and bowed.

He was expecting his Dad to scold him. But Mr. Kim stood up from his seat and enveloped his son in his arms. Myungsoo tensed, eyes round. Mr. Kim carefully tapped his son’s back.

“Where did I go wrong, son?” He whispered faintly.

Myungsoo bit his lip, his eyes turning hard at what he heard. For most of his life he longed for a father. A father just like everyone else. The riches didn’t matter to him, but now, he’s indulging himself to riches to erase the bitter fact in his life. 

He badly wanted to say everything, yet his lips quivered once again. “Nothing, Appa.” He replied and hesitantly pulled away. “I still have to finish my project. I’m gonna go first.” He mumbled and bowed once again, before leaving to room.

Mister Kim stood frozen in his place, his eyes looking at the door Myungsoo had closed. “I hope I can fix things, son.”

 

__________________________________________

Update!!!!! yay for me =)) thanks for the subbies. mehehe.