Careless

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

 

“Hey guys~” Sungyeol hollered over to his phone which was on loudspeaker. The others groggily groaned on their own lines.

“Why call us early in the morning, you dimwit!” Sunggyu ranted, yawning as he ended. Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he plopped on his bed. “I want to have breakfast at our favorite resto. You guys in?”

Woohyun sighed on the other line. He was panting because he was taking a jog, occasionally winking at the girls he would meet. “I’m going to my parents place today. Can’t.”

“Or you have a date?” Sunjong snickered. Woohyun quickly retorted. “Yes! A date with my parents. Don’t mess with me, maknae.” Sungjong giggled. "Hmmm."

Sungyeol was getting impatient listening to his friends indirectly ignore him. He drummed his fingers on his mattress as he complained. “Just tell me if you guys don’t want to, don't play hard, sheez.”

“I can’t. Meeting my cousin's boyfriend.” Hoya chirped. Woohyn quickly replied. "Oooh-ooh! Don't murder him, Howon. We all know you can get really over-protective with your cousin!"

Hoya snorted. "Oh please, I'm not."

“I can, but I’m sleepy.” Dongwoo yawned, and as he ended his small statement, he hung up.

“I don’t want to. I have to finish my homework due on Monday!” Sunjong whimpered.

Sunggyu just grunted, meaning a no. Sungyeol lay flat on his tummy, a pout on his lips. “How about you, Myungsoo?” He asked.

Silence took over.

“L?” He called out, but no one answered. “He didn’t take my call?”

“Obviously, no.” Sunggyu grunted again. Well, with the leader’s lack of enthusiasm, Sungyeol rolled his eyes and threw the phone away.

*Dimwits. I might as well visit Myungsoo, he’s so much easier to handle.* He thought.

 

 

The morning sun pleasantly hit your face, making you flutter your lids open. A yawn escaped your lips, as your hands rubbed your eyes sleepily. It was a normal peaceful morning moment, before something… or someone pulled you abruptly.

Myungsoo gripped your wrist tight as he snuggled closer to you, his eyes shut. You tensed beside him, mind blank for a moment. *What the lumps…?*

“Hmmpancakes.” He mumbled, crinkling his nose.

You tried pulling away, but he held on to you tight. Giving up, your eyes landed on his face. His sharp nose, his perfect lips, his dark thick brows.

Suddenly, his eyes opened.

 

“Eunhae.” He whispered. You blinked, realizing how close his face was to yours.

“Y…yes?” Your voice cracked.

Myungsoo’s eyebrow rose. “Why aren’t you getting up?”

With that, you jolted up, jumping off the bed instantly. Myungsoo chuckled as he stretched his arms. “You were enjoying it.” He stated. You flung your arms up to protest, but he already got up from bed and placed a finger on your lips. “I don’t want to hear it.”

He coolly walked out as if it was his room, and you stomped your foot in frustration. “You pulled me in your sleep, jerk!”

Myungsoo just shrugged and slammed the door shut. You threw a fit alone in your room, venting out all you anger to your arrogant housemate.

“I wasn’t asleep, pabo.” He chuckled as he heard your muffled screams.

 

 

“This .” Sungyeol mumbled, kicking a pebble as he walked towards the main door. He blew raspberries every second, and his face was painted with boredom.

As he reached the door, he didn’t even knock or press the doorbell. He knew the code, one of the perks of being Myungsoo’s best friend. Myungsoo didn’t care about anything, which somehow makes things manageable.

When he got into the living room, his eyes squinted. “Why are stilettos here?” He gasped. “Kim Myungsoooooo!”

Myungsoo, looking like a zombie, walked out the bathroom. “Why are you here, yeol?”

Sungyeol dramatically ran to Myungsoo and shook his shoulders. “My Myungsoo! What have you become?! Where’s the girl? Where are you hiding her?!”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and shrugged Sungyeol’s hands on his shoulders. “What are you talking about?”

“WHERE’S THE E?” He burst out, looking around the house. Myungsoo scratched his head, his mind still distorted. “e?” He mumbled, walking lazily to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. Sungyeol dashed towards the sink and faced his sleepy friend. “Where is she, Myungsoo?”

“There’s no e. What are you talking about?” Myungsoo scoffed as he lazily pressed the buttons on the coffee maker machine. Sungyeol raked his hair. “But I saw the heels!”

Myungsoo paused for a while, and he cursed lowly as he realized. The heels you just carelessly kicked off last night. “Those… those…” He stuttered, thinking of excuses to Sungyeol who was already waiting for n explanation.

 

“KIM MYUNGSOO, YOU LEFT YOUR FREAKING PHONE IN THE ROOM! IT WON’T STOP RINGING!” Your scream shook the house.

Myungsoo bit his lip and cursed.

Sungyeol’s eyes widened. “I was right!” Sungyeol’s eyes widened as he looked at his friend with disgust in his eyes. “Why, Myungsoo? Why?!”

“You don’t understa-“ Myungsoo tried reasoning, but was cut off.

Sungyeol desperately shook Myungsoo. “What do I don’t understand?! You brought over a girl? You’re not like that!”

“B..But—“

 

“Myungsoo your phone!” You appeared on the kitchen in your spongebob pjs and tank top. Sungyeol’s eyes were glued to you. You bit your lip, realizing your mistake. Myungsoo glared at you bigtime.

“Good… morning.” You mumbled, toes curling. Myungsoo moved from his place and stood between you and Sungyeol. “Look, Yeol—“

“You… and the cute girl? You took her home?”

“What?! NO!” You protested, looking at Myungsoo with disgust. “Uh, Sungyeol-shhi. I can explain. We’re not… you know. We’re housemates.”

Myungsoo snickered at your direction and waited for Sungyeol to react. “….Housemates?”

“Yes.” Myungsooo quickly replied, tapping his foot. “Park Eunhae is my housemate. She’s living here, I’m living here. Tadah, we’re housemates.”

“In different rooms, of course.” You added, stealing a glance at Myungsoo. He was being his usual self, snobby and arrogant without even showing it off. Sungyeol was glued to his place, his brows furrowed.

“B…But you left your phone… in ‘the room’?”

Myungsoo heaved out a deep sigh and shot you a it’s-all-your-fault look. You bit your lip, slowly approaching Sungyeol. “He talked to me a while ago… and he left his phone..”

“We slept in the same room last night.” Myungsoo nonchalantly stated. You looked at him as if he was crazy.

“Darn it, what are you saying?!” You hissed.

He rolled his eyes. “Yeol already knows we’re housemates. What’s there to hide?” He shrugged and got a cup to fill with coffee. Sugyeol looked at the both of you and scratched his head.

 

“So… you’re housemates, you guys have different rooms… yet you slept in one room?”

You were about to explain, but Myungsoo cut you off. “My airconditioning system broke.”

Sungyeol nodded understandingly. Slowly, his lips tugged on to a grin.

 

“So... Hey Eunhae!” He chirped.

Your eye twitched as you looked at him. “Uh… hi?” *Weird guy.*

“So how did you two become housemates?” He asked, pulling a chair for you to sit. You reluctantly sat down and grabbed a piece of bread. “Uh, long story…”

“Well, we have all day.” He smiled.

 

 

After telling Sungyeol everything, and after getting bombarded with his questions, you trudged upstairs to take a shower and change.

 

Sungyeol lay flat on Myungsoo’s bed, listening to the shuffling of steps.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” He blurted out, sitting up. Myungsoo stopped fiddling with the wires on his bedside and turned to Sungyeol . “Well, I was going to.”

“I almost believed in that.” He snickered and rolled his eyes at his friend.

Myungsoo sighed and went back to the wires. “It was just so sudden, Yeol. Having a girl in the house and stuff. And I had to cater to her needs, for goodness sake! My father required me to do it. I even took her to the party last night, sheesh.”

“Well, at least she’s pretty. And we like her, initially.” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo walked across the room to his wall-sized glass windows. “She’s annoying.”

“She’s pretty.” Sungyeol replied quickly.

Myungsoo scoffed. “She’s noisy and weird.”

“She’s pretty.”

“She’s so hot-head—“

“She’s pretty.”

“What the? What does her being pretty have to do with this?!” Myungsoo burst out, raking his hair. Sungyeol chuckled evilly. “So you admit she’s pretty?”

“I DON’T! She’s a freaking monster!” Myungsoo retorted and trudged out the room, slamming the door. Sungyeol guffawed, knowing that he pulled the trigger to his friend’s calm bubble.

 

 

 

__________________________________________

 

hello =))

sorry if i made you guys wait! had to do many things. and after this week will be hell week in school already! study, projects, extra-curricular... oh i'm drained.

okay, maybe i'm being over the top. kekek

anyway, leave some comments!:) thx!