Not-so-entertaining Party

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Myungsoo slammed the door to his car shut.

 

He dusted lint of his plaid polo shirt and walked coolly towards your direction and L.joe’s.

“Eunhae.” He called out, but you were too engrossed in the swing you didn’t notice. L.joe was the one who noticed and he lightly kicked you foot.

You looked up at him. “What?”

L.joe pointed towards Myungsoo’s direction. You followed his finger and your eye immediately twitched at the sight of the arrogant dude, standing there like some model for a random clothing line. He was looking at you with his famous fierce gaze. *Screw him.* You thought.

You stayed glued to the little swing, raising one brow at his direction. You could see him curse as he motioned you to come over. Stubborn as always, you stuck your tongue out at him and looked away immediately.

L.joe’s eyebrows furrowed. “That’s Kim Myungsoo of Infinite right? You know each other?”

You glumly nodded. “Unfortunately, yes.”

 

Myungsoo stomped his food, irritated. He walked over to your place and glared at you. L.joe looked at the scene curiously. Of course, it's rare for Myungsoo to interact with others besides Infinite, and everybody knows that.

“I’ll talk to her for a while.” He stated, taking hold of your wrist. You shot him a look, but he just tightened his grip and dragged you away from L.joe. As soon as you were both out of earshot, you protested.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!”

He sighed as he continued his fierce stare on you. “Why are you so worked up? Sad that I interrupted your date?”

You scoffed at him and crossed your arms. “Who said I was on a date with L.joe?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Whatever, I don’t care.”

“Then I’ll get going.” You your heel, about to stalk away from him. But he caught your arm just in time. “Wait!”

You jerked his hand away and whined. “Whattt now?”

“You’re going to a party with me.” He looked away, embarrassed himself that he’s saying those words. You looked at him as if he was insane. “Mworago?”

“A party. Tonight. It’s a company party. Your father wants you to go. And my Dad told me to bring you there.” He touched the nape of his neck, keeping his cool. You sighed, thinking of why your dad would want you to go to this company parties and stuff. You clearly remember him doing this to your brother too.

“Aigooo, Appa.” You muttered.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. “You’re… gonna have to prepare.”

You looked at him and nodded. “I know that.”

He smirked. “At least look human for the party.”

“Ya!” You scoffed, eyeing him with hatred. “You arrogant douche!”

“Yours truly.” He chuckled.

With that you looked down your shoes, unable to say anything. “I… I guess… uh… thank you then. For telling me.” Hurriedly you jogged back to L.joe’s place on the small swings.

Myungsoo caught up with you and held your elbow, making you face him. Ljoe, who was observing, rounded his eyes.

“You go home with me now.” He commanded. You frowned. “No way! I’m going home by myself.”

“You need to-“

“I know! I know! I can manage!” You flung you free arm up, irritated. Myungsoo chuckled and dragged you away with such strong force.

“Ya! Where are you taking me?!” You protested. He just smiled evilly. “Home.”

L.joe stood up, stunned. "Where is he taking her...?" He muttered.

 

“B—But, I still ha—“

“You’re going home now that’s final. Look human for the party please.” He slyly smiled. You sighed as you got dragged away. You stopped protesting, knowing you were no fight to Myungsoo’s strength. You helplessly followed him and looked back at L,joe.

“Thanks for the treat, L.joe-sshi! Sorry I have to go!” You hollered, apologetic. It was a few moments before he nodded, absorbing the situation. “See you tomorrow, Eunhae!” He hollered, his nose crinkling. He eyed you carefully as Myungsoo took your elbow, dragging you to his car.

“They’re… close?” He mumbled to himself.

 

 

Myungsoo triumphantly smiled as you got in the car. He was grinning from ear to ear. You slumped on your seat, not bothering to talk.

“Hey Eunhae.” He started. You just grumbled on your seat. He lightly poked your arm, and you jerked your head towards his direction, annoyed. “What now?! And… Why are you smiling like that?”

He grinned more. “It makes me happy.”

“What does?” Your brows furrowed.

He laughed boisterously. “Annoying you. Interrupting your dates and stuff. It’s entertaining, especially your expressions.”

You twitched you lip at the sight of him so happy. “Whatever, you evil dude.”

 

 

A short red cocktail dress lay on your bed, with a pink envelope on top.

Wear this to the party, honey. Be good, act lady-like. You’re representing our company. I love you. - Mom

You sighed, falling on your bed beside the dress.

“So they really are serious about this..” You muttered, looking at the ceiling as if it would you up. Endless sighs followed while you just lay there, letting time pass by.

Just your luck, the door burst open.

 

Myungsoo stood there with his famous gaze and arms crossed. “Are you going or not?”

You jolted up, pouting. “Do I even have a choice?”

He smirked, shaking his head. His eyes landed on the red dress beside you. “That looks… revealing.”

“Well my mother is not really the conservative type.” You mumbled, running your fingers on the smooth material of the dress. “But my brother is.”

Myungsoo shrugged, not knowing what to say next. “Well then… dress up.”

 

After an hour, you were already in the dress, and it seemed to fit you well. Only did it reveal your back and milky arms. “It’s not that bad.” You twirled around the mirror, examining yourself.

The door opened again, much to your surprise, a girl stood there. She smiled shyly and bowed. “Annyeonhaseyo. I was sent here by Mrs. Park.”

Your brows arched. “But my… mother is in California.”

“She called our office.” The girl smiled and made her way towards you. “The dress fits you well, miss. I think we’ll go for the light natural look.”

You nodded glumly, sitting on the chair. The girl prepared her stuff on the table, different make-up products spread across. She scrambled through her bag and made herself busy while you sat there thinking of how persistent your mother is.

After an hour and a half, she was already applying shimmer powder on your neck. Then, she stood up, admiring her work. “You’re breathtaking.” She gasped, smiling appreciatively. You pouted and stood up, examining your face in the mirror. “Well, thank you so much.” You mumbled, feeling the sudden pang of shyness. She really did make you look presentable and very elegant.

 

“Ya! Park Eunhae! We’re getting late!” Myungsoo hollered form the first floor. You snickered while hurriedly slipping on your pumps. The stylist was packing up her things.

“Stupid arrogant douche can’t wait.” You muttered low under your breath, while running around the room to find your clutch.

“Paaaaaaaark Euuuuuunhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeee!” Myungsoo hollered again, now more irritable.

“Aish!” You muttered and ran out the room. “Coming!”

 

Myungsoo tapped his foot impatiently as endless curse words escaped his lips. He was losing his temper again, just like how he always does. The quite angry look on his face somehow made him look like those bad- boys in dramas. A white tuxedo and a frown suited him well.

“I’m sorry!” You scrambled down the stairs, your stilettos clicking every step. Myungsoo looked up and he didn’t expect what he saw, or rather how his own self reacted to what he saw.

You raised a brow at him as you reached the end of the stairs. “Do I look that good?” You teased, twirling around to reveal your dress. His eyes widened slightly at the huge backless part.

“So…?” You asked. He shook his head and immediately woke up from his little world.

“You look horrible, and really fat.”

You gritted your teeth and didn’t respond anymore. Myungsoo smirked and casually walked out while you trudged behind him.

“Let’s go, fatso!” He laughed as he opened the door wide.

 

 

“Do we really need to pass by there?” You whined, looking at the hoards of cameras at the entrance doors. Myungsoo also looked at the sight and he sighed. “Let’s try the back doors.”

Luckily, his father’s secretary helped him get a backdoor pass. Both of you squirmed in the small hallway, uncomfortable yet contented. At least you didn’t battle with the papparazi. Attention is not really in your priority list.

So as Myungsoo’s. He was already darn popular.

 

“Son! Eunhae!” Mr. Kim grinned as he saw both of you enter. You gave him a polite smile while Myungsoo acted again as the good son. You were snickering inwardly at his acting.

“Sorry, Abbeoji. Eunhae here too so long to prep herself up.” He chuckled and looked at your direction. You shot him a disgusted look. “Actually, the stylist was a bit late.” You corrected. But, Mr. Kim didn’t bother about the late entrance. He just nodded with the big smile on his face.

“Come, Eunhae. I’ll introduce you to your father’s business partners.” He guided you towards the different groups that bloomed on the party. There was laughter here and there, and also different conversations. People were busy socializing.

All through the night, you were ushered here and there, being introduced to different people who talk nothing but business.

“So you’re the youngest Park?”

“Wow, you resemble your brother so  much.”

“Are you going to hep in your father’s business in the near future?”

You smiled through all the questions and answered politely. If your mother was here, she would’ve rounded her eyes at you to signal you to socialize more. Yeah, that’s the life.

When Mr. Kim was engrossed in some conversation with another group of newly-arrived guests, you took your opportunity really well. Sneaking around, you successfully arrived at the buffet table. Without any hesitation, you grabbed a plate of sweets and plopped beside Myuungsoo who looked bored to death.

“Who said you could sit beside me?” He muttered, looking at you mockingly as you devoured the sweets, smiling like a little child who finally got her first bag of candies.

You didn’t even look up, or even answer. You just continued your little moment there with the food. Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he diverted his attention to the flow of people who entered and exited the party.

After eating, you smiled in satisfaction and exhaled happily. “That was great.”

Myungsoo shot you a look, his expression clearly bored. “Are you enjoying?”

You shook your head. “With food, yeah. But with all those people who speak alien language, no.”

He chuckled as he looked back the party going on.

 

“I’m going to escape.” He blurted out, preparing to get up.

You blinked at him innocently. “You won’t get caught?”

“I’ll try not to.” He snickered and dusted lint off his pants.

Before he took off, he grinned at you. “Enjoy the party, fatso.” With that he stalked off without being seen by his father.

You looked at his retreating figure as you debated with yourself.

 

Myungsoo sneaked out the small hallways. He grinned triumphantly as he reached the miniature door, slowly touching the cold metal knob.

But before he could actually escape, something... or rather someone stopped him.

“Myungsoo!”

He jerked his head to the direction of the voice, and he sighed.

His face was painted with annoyance as he spoke.

 

 “What now?!”

 

 

 

“…Let me… come with you.” You stuttered, your fingers fiddling with the hem of your dress.

 

______________________________

hello. :> update for today!

thank you for otivating me guys! lovelots!