String of joyful events: Happiness

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

A company-owned private jet landed safely from California. A happy couple descended the stairs, just to be welcomed by the cool breeze of the rising country, South Korea.

“It’ll be a surprise to our children.” The man chuckled, holding his wife closer to him as they walked through Incheon Airport’s vast lobby.

 

Yoochun smiled as he sealed a contract with a new investor. They shook hands willingly, both wearing satisfied smiled on their faces. “I’m looking forwards to working with you.” The man nodded politely.

“Thank you for choosing us.” Yoochun beamed, and the man left.

He heaved a contented sigh as he threw himself on his giant office chair. He loosened his tie, slightly stretching his legs. “Success.” He muttered to himself.

“Hey Oppa.” You barged in, making him jerk in his seat clutching his dear heart. Your eyes scanned the office, amused. “So this is your new office?”

He proudly nodded. “Yup. Not too shabby, eh?”

“It’s… cool.” You mumbled, walking around the office and examining things. You lifted a glass ball with artificial snow falling inside.  “So Dad really pursued Korea and made you handle this branch? He kept on talking about it before, I never thought it would come true.”

Chun stood up from his seat, smiling proudly. “I think it’s the right choice for our business to venture in the South Korean market. Just now, the investor looked quite impressed. He signed without any hesitation.”

You grinned, happy for your family’s success. “I’m proud of you, Oppa.”

“I know.” He huffed arrogantly.

“So, I just dropped by to congratulate you bro. And I brought you coffee. I’m having lunch with Infinite today.” You gave him a peck on the cheek before leaving.

Chun held your wrist tight. “Who’s Infinite?”

“Myungsoo’s group of friends.” You chuckled before finally reaching the door.

 

Myungsoo bore his eyes into nothing, not even caring about what his friends were doing. He just sat there, still as a rock. Like how he usually is. Patience was never his virtue.

“Myung, should we order ahead?” Sunggyu asked, his face almost covered by the menu. He didn’t move a muscle. “Ya, Kim Myungsoo!”

He looked up, eyes hard. “What? Do whatever you want, hyung.”

Woohyun chuckled. “He’s again stuck on his weird world.”

“Like a stone, no emotions~” Dongwo whistled.

“Hey Myung so tell us how it all started with E—“

“Don’t bother me. So noisy.” He muttered, looking at his friends pointedly. They backed away, sighing. Cold and blunt Kim Myungsoo was awake, and they didn’t want to bother him.

Moments passed.

“Oh, Eunhae’s here!” Sungyeol exclaimed. You sat beside Myungsoo, wearing an apologetic smile. Immediately his face lit up. “I was dying of waiting, you brat.” Myungsoo snickered, but still his face showed happiness. His hard eyes were glistening.

You shrugged. “You’re still alive. Sorry though, got stuck in traffic.”

“Barely alive.” He chuckled, flipping the menu open. You sooted closer to him, peeking. He scanned through his eyes. “Do you want pasta? How about steak? Or risotto?” He asked eagerly.

The boys could only groan and chuckle at their bipolar friend.

 

You trudged towards the porch steps, literally carrying your tired body up. Myungsoo already passed by you, typing the code to unlock the door.

“I’m tiiiiireeeeeeeed!” You groaned, still forcing yourself up. Myungsoo snickered and entered the house, hurrying because he needs to pee.

When you got inside, the first thing you did was bury your face in the couch.

DING DONG

“You know the code, Hae! Are you that lazy?!” Myungsoo shrieked from the bathroom. You scrunched your nose, sitting up. “But it’s not me!” You retorted, again dragging your legs to open the door.

Your brows furrowed, irritated by whoever it is making you get up. “Who is i—“

“Hey sweet pea.”

You gasped. “D…dad?”

“Hey honey!!!!” You ‘oohfed’, staggering a little after getting attacked by a tight hug. The familiar Ralph Lauren perfume tickled your nosetrils. “M..mom?”

“I told you she’d be shocked, yeobo.” Your Dad chuckled. Your mom pulled away and smiled sweetly. “Hello, my beautiful daughter~ we decided we could surprise you here.”

You nodded slowly, your eye twitching. “Mom! Dad! I missed you so much!”

They could only chuckle at our outburst.

 

“So Myungsoo you’re taking up business too?” Your Dad inquired. Myungsoo nodded, smiling politely. “Yes, Uncle.”

“So you’re helping your father in the near future?”

He nodded, somehow the thought didn’t bug him now. Instead, he anticipated helping his father, now that their relationship took a big step.

You entered the living room, giggling with your Mom. Myungsoo’s eyes brightened up at the sight of you. Yes he was Kim Myungsoo, but he was nervous on how to break the ice in front of your parents.

“I see it is a very good idea to let Eunhae stay here. You’ve been protecting her. Thank you so much, Myungsoo.” Your father smiled warmly as he made your Mom sit beside him. You comfortably plopped beside Myungsoo, but not too close.

Myungsoo returned the politeness. “It’s my pleasure, Uncle. Eunhae…”

You alternately looked at your parents and Myungsoo uncomfortably. Your heart hammered, and fingers trembled slightly. You didn’t know why but you seemed a lot more like a nervous wreck than Myungsoo. He was still composed, or he kept his emotions well.

Tension was thick in the air.

Your Dad pursed his lips, his brow raised suspiciously. He drummed his fingers against the armrest. Your mom, on the other hand, just kept her head hung low.

Myungsoo calmed himself by balancing his breathing. His whole being just screams courage, but he was at the moment at loss with your Dad’s percing stare.

You just sat there, feeling unusually ill with unease.

Your Dad glanced knowingly at your Mom, who was amused at the situation. She rolled her eyes at her husband, finally giving up. Letting out a light chukle, she tapped her husband’s leg. “Oh come on yeobo, look how nervous they are.”

Your heads snapped to the elders’ direction. They were smiling knowingly, biting back their laughter. A small bead of sweat trickled down Myungsoo’s forehead.

“But it’s so entertaining looking at them now.” You father chuckled.

Your Mom decided to just break the tension herself, ignoring how teasing her husband can be. “We know, you two. We have our sources.”

Your eyes widened, as Myungsoo uncomfortably squirmed in his seat. He cleared his throat, trying to process what he just heard. “You mean…”

“Yes, Myungsoo, we know you asked my daughter out.” Your father winked.

You literally gawked at that. “And we know she willingly said yes.” Your mother added, wiggling her brows at you. You straightened your posture looking at your parents pointedly. “Have you been spying on me?”

They innocently shook their heads. “You should ask your brother about that.”

Myungsoo exhaled. “Uncle, Auntie, I promise I will take care of this… brat.”

You shot him a warning look. But he ignored it, hearing your parent’s laughter. “You already are protecting her, Myungsoo, from the very beginning.”

Myungsoo smiled trimpanthly as he scooted closer to you.

“But.” Your father interjected. “You guys are living under the same roof. Rules are rules, you two. Children nowadays can be so—“

“Dad!” You cut him off, embarrassed. Even Myungsoo’s ears turned red. He just chuckled. “I trust you kids, just joking. But seriously.”

“We know that!” You shrieked, sinking on your seat due to embarrassment.

Your parents left happily after trolling the both of you. You heaved a deep sigh, finally able to release the tension your body was carrying from the moment they set foot inside the house.

“I told you I’d charm them.” Myungsoo hugged you from behind. You jerked invouluntarily, but eventually relaxing under his touch. “Pabo, they knew.”

Minutes later, the both of you were lounging on the couch with packs of Chinese take-out.

“Don’t you think everything’s going on smoothly?” You nonchalantly stated as you chewed. Myungsoo lifted his box of Chinese food, gobbling it down in moments. He looked at you with one brow raised. “Smoothly?”

You shrugged. “I mean, Harang. I thought she hated me. And your relationship with your Dad. And now, my parents approving.”

He nodded. “Well, maybe because we’re lucky together.” He added a greasy wink, you just had to shudder. “You’re not Woohyun Oppa, stop that. It doesn’t suit you.”

“How come you never call me Oppa?” He blurted out, brows knitted together as he thought. You pressed your lips into a thin line, staring back at him. “Should I?”

He nodded eagerly, his eyes wide. “Of course! I’m a year older than you, and it’s good to hear that Oppa word. Replace douche with Oppa, Hae. Please.” He smiled innocently.

You threw the table napkin straight to his face, earning you a death glare.

“If you think Oppa suits you, no, it doesn’t. Oppas are supposed to be approachable knights in shining armour!” You sighed, smiling like a retard as you thought of your inner girl fantasies. He cringed at you spacing out. “I am you knight in shining armour.”

“Ew, no. You’re an arrogant douche.”

His shoulder deflated. “So I’m not really a boyfriend material?”

You smiled soflty, leaning on his shoulder. “Not really.”

“Wow, really comforting.” He grunted.

You giggled and poked his chest. “It’s okay. You are just right for me.”

Myungsoo’s lips tugged into a smile as he pulled you closer, planting a kiss on your forehead. “That’s good to hear, brat.”

 

 

_________________________________

almost the end, huhuhu. ALMOST.

and btw guys, check out my new fic! :>

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/356919/unforeseen-harmony-romance-exo-exom-luhan-daehyun-semifluff

hihihihihihi shameless promoter.