He did it

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

People were ushered from the red carpet, to the main door, to the party itself. Papparazzi filled the red carpet, hoping to get exclusive pictures of famous business tycoons. People known for different areas such as hotel-chains, product management, distribution, investments and such gathered at the venue to meet and socialize. It was a perfect night.

“Gah, it’s boring here.” You blew a raspberry, eyeing your brother who was busy talking with some middle-aged men. Beside you sat L.joe, who munched on slices of fruits.

You poked his side. “I see you were dragged here too, huh?”

He nodded glumly. “I want to go home. But my parents will kill me if I do.”

“I escaped these parties, you know. Twice.”

That got his attention. He pursed his lips in interest. “Oh, really?”

“Yeah, that was with My—“ You stopped, Myungsoo’s face again floating on your mind. What he said rang endlessly on your ears. You heart again fluttered, and the tips of your fingers felt tingly.

L.joe chuckled. “With Myungsoo?” He finished. You turned red. “N..No! I was saying…”

He silenced you by raising his index finger. “Stop it. You’re caught.”

You looked away, embarrassed. Not only did you feel embarrassed, you also felt awkward and wrong. You can still perfectly remember L.joe’s… confession.

“Hae, I know what you’re thinking.” He stuck a spoon in his mouth. You slowly looked at him, biting your lip. “E..eh?”

“I know about Myungsoo. That he likes you.” He shrugged, nonchalant. Your eyes widened. *How can he be so blunt about it?* You inwardly gawked.

He chuckled, seeing your expression. “And I… I know how you feel.”

Your brows furrowed. “What?”

“I know.” He murmured.

“How can you know when I don’t even know?” You questioned, raising a brow at him. He raised a brow back, teasing. “Because I can see it. It's just that you’re so dense!”

“Dense? Ya!”

“Yes, I know you like him.”

“I… I….”

“See?”

“B..But..”

“Hae, I’m fine, really. Do you know who encouraged him to talk it out to you? Me. I want you to be happy Hae. And if this is what it takes, I’ll go for it.” He smiled warmly and stood up, giving you one last look.

You pouted. “Byungie?”

“Yes?”

“…. I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize. You did nothing wrong.”

You bit your lip, uncertain. “B..But Byungie…”

“No, Hae. Now go. Go and stop being so dense. Do what you have to do.” He winked, before leaving you alone on the table, drowning on your own thoughts.

*Dense? Does he mean that I… I like….* You closed your eyes briefly, unable to make up your mind.

 

Yoochun crossed his arms, giving you a warning look. You pouted, glued to your seat. He shook his head in disappointment. “Get up. You need to introduce yourself to Appa’s friends over there.”

You cringed at the thought. “Oppa, I’m not working like you. They don’t need to know me.”

“They don’t need to, they want to.” He replied, his lips pressed into a thin line. You slumped in defeat, taking his arm. “Arasso, lead the way.”

 

You smiled at the people Yoochun were talking about. They bombarded you with questions, and you politely answered back. Yoochun was smiling, which meant he was satisfied with your cooperation.

“Done?” You whispered. He lightly nudged your side, nodding.

He politely excused the two of you, and finally you felt comfortable. Yoochun chuckled beside you. “That’s good.”

“More like plastic.”

His brows furrowed, sensing something. “You do know we’re connected by blood, right?”

You stopped walking and turned to face your dear brother. A small smile crept up your lips. “Of course.”

“And that I can feel what you feel?” He continued, his voice monotonous. You nodded.

Chun pursed his lips. “ Something’s bothering you. What’s wrong?”

You looked away. “Oppa… I’m tired.”

“Don’t try to get away, Park Eunhae.” He firmly said, giving you a hard look. You flinched uncomfortably at his stare. “Later.”

“I’m looking forward to it.” He said before walking away to continue socializing. You sighed in frustration, trudging away from the people.

 

 

“After how many years, we meet!” Chanyeol attacked you with his bear hug, it was too tight you gasped for air. He let go, grinning. Or let’s say that’s his normal smile. His derpy smile.

You smiled, missing him. “Oppa!” You jumped in his arms once again, letting your feelings conquer you. Chanyeol chuckled and tapped your back. “Now why do I feel like you miss me so badly, Hae?”

You just nodded, burying your face on his chest.

After a while you pulled away. “I feel like I am of great importance in your life, Hae.” Chanyeol beamed, dragging you to the table. You followed silently, letting his presence take up your thoughts for a while.

“Hello! Earth to Eunhae!” He waved his gigantic palm in front of your face, waking you up from your thoughts. You snapped back to reality, smiling wanly at him. “Hey Oppa.”

He clucked his tongue, loosening his tie. “Why do I sense something wrong?”

“Why are you like Chunnie Oppa?” You retorted, annoyed. He moved away and exhaled dramatically. “Temper, temper.” He shushed.

You rolled your eyes, trying to act normal. “I’m just… feeling weird. Like… thoughts are all floating on my head like crazy.” You mumbled. Yeol nodded, patting your head once. “Do you want to be alone?”

“No.. I’m fine.”

“The rooftop is really peaceful. You could go there.” He suggested. You smiled at him, grateful. “Later, Oppa.”

 

Myungsoo nodded at what his father’s friends were saying. He was again, forced to socialize and talk business.

“Can I excuse myself for a while?” He whispered. Mister Kim nodded at his son, letting him go. Immediately, Myungsoo heaved a deep sigh as he walked away.

He walked to the buffet table, grabbing himself something to munch on. He was examining the food when his sight landed on you, slumping on a chair. *Bingo.* He smiled to himself.

Instantly he forgot about the buffet table. He walked towards you, a small playful smile plastered on his face. Actually, after what happened on the amusement park, you kept distance. And he hated it, he hated it so much. 

He thought, maybe you were just embarrassed. Or maybe what he said shocked you too much. He just couldn’t figure out why.

Or maybe, you didn’t feel the same way, and you were trying to spare his feelings. He cringed at the thought. He wasn’t able to get sleep just because of thinking too much.

He tried to talk, but you avoided talk.

 

“Hae.” He blurted out. Your head snapped up, greeted by his gorgeous face. “Oh… hey Myung…” You muttered, looking away quickly. He sat beside you and sighed.

You panicked, seeing him sit beside you. You just didn’t know what to do. “Oh, I need to—“

“Don’t even try to avoid me now, brat.” He clucked his tongue. You smiled at him nervously, your fingers fiddling with each other. He smirked. “You think I don’t know?”

You bit your lip. “What? W-what are you t…talking about?”

“Don’t make me look stupid.” He snorted. You looked at his eyes, and immediately memories came rushing back to you. The amusement park, the greenhouse, the Song girls.

Your heart was trying to calm down, but it won’t. It was caught in its dance, skipping beats every now and then. Your stomach was again, churning and churning.

Myungsoo smiled slightly. “You don’t have to avoid me. Hey, I mean, who avoids Kim Myungsoo?”

You rolled your eyes. “Just once, stop being arrogant. Please?”

He chuckled. “You’re red as a tomato, Hae.”

You turned away, embarrassed. “I’m… I’m…”

“You’re what?”

You swallowed spit, unable to speak you mind.

“Myung, do you want to get some fresh air?”

 

 

Silence overpowered. It should be comfortable silence, but it was a little pressuring. You needed to find answers within yourself, and Myungsoo’s presence didn’t help at all.

He casually leaned on the railings, enjoying the night view. You sat on one of the benches, letting the misty night wind calm you. Myungsoo also let his thoughts reign over him.

“What’s bothering you, brat?” He broke the silence, now turning to look at you, his back leaning on the railings. You shrugged. “Oh, just… you know… stress…”

He snickered. “You know you’re bad at lying, right?”

“What?” You snapped.

He shook his head, rubbing his hands together. “Is it about what I said? At the amusement park?”

You looked away, avoiding his gaze. “I…Uhhh…”

“Sorry about that. I surprised you.” He mumbled, low enough but still audible. You slowly turned to face him. Disappointment was evident on his face even if he tried so hard to maintain his arrogant façade.

You stood up, making small steps beside him. “It’s fine.”

 

“Myung, I…I don’t know what to say, honestly.” You stammered. He smiled, his adorable crooked smile, and nodded. “I know.”

“I’m also… feeling really confused right now. I don’t know what’s going on with me lately, you know? And… it’s hard not having someone to… to talk to. Usually I could just barge in your room, but now I can’t.”

His eyes darted to your eyes shining under the moonlight. “Why?”

“Because it’s awkward.” You replied instantly.

“Why would it be? I mean, brat, you never get awkward with me. Your skin gets a hundred times thicker with me.” He let out a small chuckle. You slapped his arm, and he winced.

You bit your lip. “Maybe… Maybe because…”

“Because what?”

“I..I..”

“You what?”

“Myung let me finish!” You snapped. He signaled you to go one, grinning that he annoyed you. You exhaled dramatically before going on.

“Because you’re doing these weird things to me.”

“I’m not!”

“You are. Like… your actions. They have… weird effects on me. And I think… I think I know what it is now.”

His eyes stared back at you, hopeful, expectant. He exhaled heavily, calming himself. He knew, he knew he was too stupid to not let you know. He let his pride reign over his feelings. But now, he wants to let it all out.

His arrogant self would not go in the way now. No way.

Maybe before, Kim Myungsoo would never do this. He couldn't even voice out any emotion, except for blunt remarks and insults. But now, it's different. He can't lose you now, just because of his pride.

And once and for all, he found someone that can really make him happy. Unconsciously, he found someone who makes life worth living.

Someone who owned his heart so fast, he didn't even notice.

Someone who made the Kim Myungsoo fall, hard.

 

“Hae.” He started, closing his eyes briefly before he could go on. He fell on his knees, and your eyes widened. You tugged on his coat to let him up, but he refused. He strongly refused.

“Ya what are you doing?!” You hissed.

He shot you a look, not letting you ruin the moment. You reluctantly nodded.

“Hae… W…” *Aw darn this is hard!*

You trembled, your heart doing those flip flop thing together with the somersaults in your stomach. The tingling sensation ran through your veins, and your fingers slightly trembled. What will he say? Why is this douche kneeling in front of me? What is he doing?

 

 

“Will you be mine?”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

HEHEHEHEHEHEH HEY YOU GUYS. ;>