Milk Tea

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“Why’d you think of milk tea?” You kicked a pebble, slightly shaking the drink in your hand. Myungsoo ignored your question, quickening his pace and sipping his drink nonchalantly.

You pouted. “Arrogant dude, wait up!”

He leaned on his car, giving you a questioning look.

“Do you love milk teas?” You chirped, smiling at the beverage on your hand. He just shrugged. “They’re great.”

“I think milk teas are made from heaven.” You dreamily said, as you sipped another drink. He watched you and snickered at your childishness. “Clearly the lady at the counter made it.” He sarcastically replied.

Your eyes fluttered open and you looked at him pointedly. “I was speaking figuratively.”

“Whatever.” He snapped, focusing on his cup.

 

“Hey.” You started, trying to loosen up the atmosphere.

He glanced at you for a second. “Hmm?”

The night wind slightly touched your skin, sending shivers down your spine. “Uhh, I have this project.”

“And…?”

“And it’s in pairs. I couldn’t make it in our house, so I will go to my partner’s house instead.” You mumbled, making sipping noises as you finished. Myungsoo’s lips curved into a smile. “Why are you telling me, Eunhae? Are you asking permission?”

You gaped at him. “No!”

He let out a scoff. “You are. Sheesh, you’re relying on me now, huh?”

“Am not! I just wanted to show you the hardships I’m going through. I can’t even make my project in MY house.” You harrumphed. Myungsoo turned to face you, one brow raised. “You said it before. We live together. It’s my house too.”

“Whatever.” You rolled your eyes and pouted.

Myungsoo exhaled as he leaned back on his car. Both of you were enjoying the night’s breeze, standing there with milk teas. “Who is it, anyway?”

“Ljoe.” You mumbled nonchalantly.

However, Myungsoo stiffened. “Th…That guy earlier?”

You nodded and shook you almost empty cup. Myungsoo quickly recoiled away from you and glared. “Are you insane?” He almost gasped.

You turned to look at him with a questioning look on your face. “Wae?”

“That’s a guy’s house, Eunhae! You’re going to a guy’s house. Don’t you see the problem there?” His brows furrowed. You shrugged. “Uhh… Not really.”

“You two are going to be left alone in HIS house. He’s a guy.” He said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“You are too. And I’m living with you.” You muttered, not getting the point. Myungsoo exhaled dramatically. “Of course, you were entrusted to me. Your father let you live with me, duh.”

“I entrust my grades to him.” You retorted, getting miffed. Myungsoo flung his free arm up. “It’s inappropriate to be alone with a guy in HIS house. And you guys are not even related, or in a relationship!”

“Are we in a relationship?” You asked. Myungsoo seemed taken aback. He was unable to speak for a few moments. “No. But as I sai—“

“You don’t have to worry about me.”

He huffed. “I’m not worrying. I’m just being polite.”

“Polite?” You couldn’t help but scoff.

He nodded. “I’m trying to save you from harm, or from judgment. That’s being polite.”

You twitched your lip at his direction. “Yeah, right.”

“Just… whatever. Don’t listen to me then.” He rolled his eyes and threw his cup straight to the bin. With long strides he slipped in the car, waiting for you to hop in. With no other choice, you slammed the door shut as you got inside. Myungsoo started driving home.

*Inappropriate…?* You thought, his words ringing in your head.

 

 

 

That night you thought about what Myungsoo said earlier. Your life revolved around boys, so you lacked proper education with what’s really appropriate. Your cousins are mostly boys, you have a brother, you usually get along with boy buddies. It’s innate in you, and you wondered what made Myungsoo narked.

“Is it really inappropriate? But I live with him. And he’s a guy…” You reasoned out, talking to yourself. The white ceiling faced you as you lay flat on your back on the mattress. It took you a few minutes to mutter again. “He’s right, it’s different. Myungsoo…He’s like family. Or so. I mean—Appa trusts him. Ljoe… I just met him. And… Aish!”

You buried your face on the pillow, letting the lack of space squeeze your inner thoughts.

“It’s just different.” Your muffled voice stated.

Few minutes later, that was when you jolted up and dialed L.joe’s number.

 

Myungsoo sat on his small couch and closed his eyes. “She’s clueless.” He muttered, letting the cold crisp airconditioning calm him. “And stupid.” He added, lip twitching.

“What would people think of her?” He sat straight up. A light sigh escaped his lips and he began running his fingers through his hair. “Why am I--? Ugh, I don’t care! Let her be!” He snapped and dived for his bed.

 

Mister Kim, Myungsoo’s father, pinched the bridge of his nose as he sat on his office chair. Myungsoo’s school once again called him, informing him of Myungsoo’s lack of cooperation. Like his platonic attitude towards everything.

“Where did I go wrong? I gave him everything.” He sighed, shaking his head slowly. His eyes landed at his son’s childhood photo on the desk. The creases on his forehead straightened a bit. “I need to do something.” He firmly said, his hands taping the table with unknown rhythm.

With quick hands, he dialed a number and patiently waited for an answer as he stood before the view of Seoul in his office.

“Oh! Are you busy?” He smiled, the smile not reaching his eyes. It took him seconds before he could talk again to the other line. “Yes, it’s about my little boy.”

 

 

_____________________----

Filler-y Chappie :)