JELLYBEAN

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Jaehee giggled as you spilled everything to her. But more like you were forced.

“I can’t believe it! Lee Byunghyun likes you! He likes you!” She squealed, her hand slapping your shoulder. You winced, annoyed. “Stop it!”

She wiggled on her seat. “I’m just so… happy for you!”

You just smiled at her, thoughts buzzing on your head.

“So… how is he?” She playfully nudged your side. You squirmed, making her stop. “He’s a great guy. Funny and kind. I feel… comfortable around him.”

“Whoa, whoa.” She raised her hands up, face painted with amusement. “You’re describing the delinquent L,joe from Teen Top right?” A chuckle escaped her lips.

You flashed her a bewildered smile. “I didn’t even know he has that image on school.”

“That’s because you’re not into school talks.” She snorted.

You simply nodded, looking around.

Jaehee was smiling like a retard, still being all wiggly over the L.joe issue. You guessed it right, she’s more of the Teen Top fangirl than she admits to be.

“Oh he’s here.” You mumbled, looking at L.joe walking towards your direction. Jaehee grinned more, almost jumping on her seat. “I think he’s going to ask you out or something! Gee! EEEE~~” She giggled.

You rolled your eyes and waited for him to near you.

“Hey.” He sheepishly waved. You grinned at him, motioning him to sit beside you. Jaehee was suppressing her smile on her seat, her bwors wiggling.

“Byungie, this is Jaehee. Jaehee, this is Byungie.” You smiled. L.joe chuckled and nodded at Jaehee. “It’s L.joe. She just made that Byungie name up.”

You pouted. “But it’s… cute.”

“I think sleeping buddy is cute too.” He smiled.

“Right, it is.”

Jaehee giggled at the corner. “I… guess I’ll go and leave you two. Bye Hae. Bye… L.joe.” She wiggled her eyebrows knowingly before scrambling away. You rolled your eyes at her direction.

“She’s random.”

 

It was silent.

L.joe was looking around, tapping his foot uneasily. You just sat there beside him, enjoying the peace and quiet.

“So…” He started, breaking the silence.

You looked up and raised a brow questioningly. “D…Do you want to have dinner? Saturday?” He bit his lip, hiding his embarrassment.

You popped your lips, nodding. “Sure.”

“Really?” He jerked up in his seat, brightening up. Your lips curved into a smile. “Really.”

L.joe pumped his fist in the air. “Great!”

“You’re that happy?” You giggled, amused. He huffed and bounced on his seat. “Of course.”

 

Class ended with the students dashing out of the room automatically. It was like the room had something that made them feel sick. You plodded out when theroom was almost half empty, feeling the exhaustion of the whole-day classes.

When you got out, students were already back to their normal routine. Chaotic, wild and you name it. People were buzzing here and there, and it seemed like their conversations only revolved around one topic.

You expected peace outside the buildings, but it was the same.

Same chaotic nature indeed.

“I should just go home.” Yoou mumbled, tightening your grip on the sling of your bag.

 

Myungsoo was lurking on the school park, Infinite noisy beside him.

“You pay me!” Hoya roared.

Sungjong winced at the noise. “Hyung, lower down your voice.”

“Not until Woohyun pays me. He rummaged my wallet, for goodness sake!” He complained, stomping his foot. Sunggyu sighed, shaking his head. “Children, really.”

Dongwoo was whistling to some random tune, when he caught Myungsoo looking at someone in particular. “Oh, there’e Eunhae~” He chirped, pointing to your direction.

Myungsoo looked away immediately.

“And there’s that Lee Byunghyun guy too.” Dongwoo slurred, now pointing to L.joe’s figure approaching you. You were walking dreamily, oblivious to people’s presence.

Myungsoo gritted his teeth. “Who cares?” He seethed.

“And here he comes~ He sure likes to be around her.” Dongwoo cooed, looking at L.joe near you. Myungsoo tensed in his place. In a spur of a second, he stood up and balled his fists.

Dongwoo looked at him, amused.

“Hey Myung—“ Sungyeol was cut off when Myungsoo jogged to your place. Dongwoo smiled slyly. “It’s showing.” He mumbled to himself.

“He couldn’t help it.” Sunggyu chuckled.

Woohyun dreamily looked at the skies. “Oh, Myungsoo. Jst admit it~”

 

 

“Oh, Byungie!” You chimed, spotting him.L.joe walked faster to get to your place. 

He was about to stop just in front of you when a figure blocked him.

 

“Let’s go.” Myungsoo breathed out, taking a hold of your wrist.

You eyed him quizzically. “What are you doing?” You whispered, looking around. He rolled his eyes. “I said, let’s go.” He hissed, tightening his hold on you.

L.joe cleared his throat behind him, making Myungsoo face him.

“Oh, Byungie. You… know Myungsoo, right?” You almost spat out, smiling awkwardly. He nodded, his sight landing on Myungsoo’s grip on your wrist. You were trying to pry his hands off, but he was too strong.

“I…I…” You stammered, clueless on what to say. Myungsoo was standing firmly beside you, his lips pressed into a thin line. L.joe was looking back at him, eyes hard.

Tension was in the air.

“Do you want to hang out?” L.joe then faced you, his expression changing. Y

ou smiled lightly. “Uhm..”

“We’re going somewhere.” Myungsoo monotonously blurted out.

You looked up at him, raising a brow.

L.joe acted as if Myungsoo said nothing. He looked at you expectantly, waiting for an answer. You opened your mouth, words stuck.

“I…” You started. Myungsoo’s grip on you tightened. He suddenly pulled you closer to him.

“… Yeah, we have somewhere to go to. Uh… F…Family matters.” You stuttered.

Unconsciously, a smile tugged on Myungsoo’s lips. L.joe nodded, biting his lip. “I’ll see you on Saturday then, sleeping buddy.” He winked before stalking off.

 

As soon as he was gone, you jerked your hand away from Myungsoo.

“What was that?” You scoffed.

His eyes were wide. “Sleeping buddy?! You slept together?”

A bitter chuckle escaped your lips. “No! You think I’m that kind of person?”

Myungsoo didn’t reply.

“Oh come on. We both fell asleep in class. Get it?” You waved your hand in front of his face. He swiftly caught it. “Good. I don’t want a dirty woman for a housmate.”

“I’m no—“

“Yeah, yeah.” He waved his hand dismissively wand walked away. You sulked on your place, brows knitted together.

“You coming or what? He hollered.

With a sigh, you caught up with him. He was hiding his triumphant smile. “I just helped you out there. You don’t need to be with him always just because he’s courting you. And besides… you told me last night you didn’t know what to do.” He explained.

You walked beside him, nodding. “hhhmkay.”

“Don’t tell me you want to go out with him?” He eyed you intensely. You looked away, avoding his fierce terrifying gaze. “Let’s eat, Myung. I’m hungry.” You smiled and encircled your arm on his.

His eyes widened as he got dragged. “Since when did you get so comfortable around me?” He muttered.

You playfully ignored him and cheekily grinned, stopping in front of Infinite. The boys were smiling at you, sensing something. Myungsoo was looking away, avoiding his friends’ knowing looks.

“Milk tea, guys? Myungsoo’s treat~” You chimed.

Myungsoo looked at you immediately. “What? I did—“

“Sure! Let’s go!” The boys cheered, pulling you with them, leaving a stunned Myungsoo.

Unknown to him a smile was already on his lips.

He chuckled, shaking his head. “That girl, really.”

 

 

 

____________________________

ready set, oh my~

XDDD