The Act

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Another frustrated sigh escaped your lips.

“Please, Myung. Can you just drop me here? I’ll walk myself to school. I’ll be fine, I promise!”

Myungsoo shook his head firmly. “No, Hae. You’re going to school with me.”

“B..b-but..”

“Let them know. Look what happened when we kept your address. Now, if they know you’re my… girlfriend, they can’t hurt you.” He smiled proudly, and to your case, arrogantly.

You slumped, shoulders deflated. “I have no other choice…”

“You should be proud you know.”

“Proud my .”

“Ya, how dare you speak to me like that!”

“I have the right, Myung.”

“You brat!”

“You douche!”

 

The car parked conveniently just on Myungsoo’s usual parking place.

You bit your lip really hard, hiding your flushed cheeks. Myungsoo locked his car and walked to your side, grinning from ear to ear. He secured an arm around your waist together with that arrogant smile plastered on his face. Usually it would feel very awkward around anyone else, but with Myungsoo… you felt somehow… safe.

“Look at their stares.” You whispered, voice shaking.

Clusters of students had their eyes on you, as if wanting to dig in holes with their stares. There were murmurs of amusement, shock… and well anger.  Myungsoo smirked and blew a raspberry. “Let them look. Let them know they can’t have me, I’m all yours.” He winked teasingly.

Heat ran up to your cheeks. “Would you stop doing that?” You hissed.

He blinked innocently. “Doing what?”

“Nothing.” You mumbled.

 

Infinite howled like crazy. Woohyun jumped up and down, Sungjong with him. Hoya and Dongwoo hi-fived, Sungyeol jumped to Myungsoo, while Sunggyu clapped endlessly.

You stood there, almost wishing like you could just sink in the ground.

“Oh come here, Hae!” Hoya pulled you to the group, slinging one arm around you. Myungsoo shot him his deathly glare, making him lift his arm off. “Posessive emotionless dude.” He snickered.

You chuckled, sitting beside Woohyun instead. And it was a bad choice, a really bad one. He wouldn’t stop asking questions and stuff. Being new to it, heat stayed in your cheeks for most of the time.

“Stop that Woohyun! You’re abusing her!” Dongwoo retorted. You heaved a deep sigh, escaping his questions. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and pulled you with him. “I’m sending her to class, guys. See you later.” He waved his hand ever so lihtly, his small sign of saying goodbye.

Infinite chuckled as both of you walked away. Sure their friend was a different person now.

 

 

“We’ll have lunch later with… with Appa.”

Your eyes widened. “Really? Are you… in good terms with him now?”

He pursed his lips, uneasily fiddling with his fingers. “I’ll… try to understand him, Hae. That’s what you want, right?”

You nodded, lips tugging into a sweet smile. “That’s really sweet, Myung.”

He nodded, waving his hands dismissively. “I’ll see you later then, brat. Don’t make me wait, arasso? You know Kim Myungsoo never waits.”

“Okay, okay!” You rolled your eyes, walking in the room.

Students gathered on the door, trying to get a sneak peek of your conversation with Myungsoo. Fangirls eyed you with such hatred, ready to skin you alive. L.joe sat there, amused.

When you stepped in, everybody acted normally, as if nothing happened. You blew a raspberry, slumping on your seat.

“I guess you followed my advice? You stopped being dense.” L.joe grinned.

You scowled. “I’m not dense.”

“You are.” He stuck his tongue out.

 

 

“And are you even planning on telling me?” Jaehee crossed her arms, her voice firm and thick with authority. You slightly flinched. “Of course, but… not here.”

Again, both of you stayed on one of the empty rooms.

And like a replay, Jaehee was crossing her arms and staring at you, waiting. You exhaled, before looking back. “Well… it just happened.”

“How? Did he bring you somewhere? What were his words? Is he sweet?” She almost giggled at every pause. But well, there barely were pauses as she shot questions.

You groaned. “You’re worse than Woohyun.”

“Ya! You gotta tell me!”

 

 

“Yeah, this is worse than making me wait. You ditched me. How dare you, you brat, trouble magnet pig.” Myungsoo grumbled. You encircled your arm around his, grinning sweetly. “I was talking with Jaehee, I'm sorry.”

“You should’ve told me! I was looking for you!” He shrieked. You cringed at his pitchy voice, moving a step away. “Don’t shout at me!”

“I’m not shouting!” He argued.

“You are!”

“Ahh stop!”

“You stop, douche!”

He approached you and lifted you on his shoulder. “Let’s go.”

“Put me downnnn!” You protested as he made his way towards the car. He just smiled evilly, buckling you on your seat. Moments later the both of you were speeding towards his father’s office.

 

 

“Hello children.” Mr. Kim grinned excitedly, hurriedly scrambling to get his coat. You bowed at him politely, and urged Myungsoo to do so.

He scowled at you before obeying. “Uh… Good Morning Appa.”

He stopped for a moment and smiled warmly. “Good Morning, Son. Now I made reservations at the restaurant just downstairs. Let’s go?” He grinned. You eagerly nodded, and Myungsoo followed with mixed emotions.

 

The three of you settled in a private room.

“Am I really seeing what I’m seeing?” Mr. Kim asked in a teasing tone. You focused on your appetizers, just to hide yourself from the embarrassment. Myungsoo uncomfortably squirmed on his seat. “Well, yes… Appa.”

Unexpectedly, Mr. Kim grinned proudly, lightly clapping his hands. “Son, I’m so proud of you. I…I well… I need to tell you something though…”

Just then, a very familiar voice made all of you turn.

“I guess my job’s done?” Harang chirped enthusiastically, smiling at you and Myungsoo. But her ususal appreciative smile towards Myungsoo changed. Harang emitted a different aura this time. A more… approachable aura. She sat down beside Mr. Kim.

Myungsoo tilted his head. “I thought you had some work to do in Japan?”

She chuckled. “Well, not really. I have a job here. And… I think it’s done.”

Mr. Kim smiled. “Harang… Harang and I… we both…”

“We’re partners.” Harang proudly beamed. “Right, Uncle?”

“Yes, partners.” He agreed. Myungsoo raised his brows, skeptical. “And what business is this again, Appa?”

“Well…” Mr. Kim fibbed, unable to articulate his thoughts. Harang fortunately thought fast. “It’s operation make Myungsoo happy!”

Now your eyes widened. “Make Myungsoo happy?”

Harang nodded. “Uh… Eunhae-sshi, I’m really sorry if I had to insult you and stuff, it… I needed to. I don't hate you, and I really didn'y mean all of those. I like you, in fact. You're a great girl. I really just needed to do that.”

“But why?”

“To push you. To trigger your emotions.”

Myungsoo was starting to dislike the situation. “Can you explain everything clearly?” He almost seethed. You had to give his hand a comforting squeeze to calm him down.

Harang seemed fine with Myungsoo’s attitude. Mr. Kim closed his eyes for a brief moment before speaking. “Son… I… I know I have too many things to apologize for. I haven’t been a good father to you, I know that well. I’m really sorry.”

Myungsoo’s jaw clenched.

“And… well, I realized, that I really want to give you more. I want to make up for my mistakes. But, it hit me that I have given you every material thing, and it’s not what you really need. I know it’s late to give you the love you always needed. But I… I want to make you happy.”

Myungsoo exhaled, maintaining his composure. “What are you getting at, Appa?”

“I… I observed that you’re quite showing emotions. You’re reacting to things around you. That is when you’re with Eunhae.” He smiled at you for a second, and you just blinked back.

“And I knew at that very moment, Myung, that this girl can make you happy. In the smallest things, you smile because of her. And I would risk everything…. Everything… just to make you smile. But Eunhae… she can do it so easily.”

Myungsoo held your hand under the table.

“So… So I set you up. I asked Harang if she could help. We made a plan. While you, son, started to develop feelings for Eunhae, Harang did things to spark Eunhae’s feelings too.”

Now your eyes rounded, as well as Myungsoo’s. Harang looked a you apologetically. “I’m so sorry, Eunhae, if I was such a , but I just wanted to make you jealous. That tiniest hint of jealousy was victory for me. I wanted you to feel attached to Myungsoo.”

It was too much to take in. You gulped, forcing a small smile. “So..”

Harang proceeded. “Yes, it was all an act.”

Mr. Kim cleared his throat, gaining attention. “I wanted this all from the very beginning, son. I wanted you to be with Eunhae. Now, I can’t express how happy I am.”

Silence overpowered. Everybody sat still, waiting for Myungsoo’s response. He remained his composure— straight face, lips pressed into a thin line, jaw clenched and hard eyes. He was looking at nothing in particular.

You lightly massaged his palms. “Myung…. Are you okay?” You whispered. He woke up from his little daze, squirming in his seat. His jaw relaxed, and his lips tugged into a small smile.

“T…Thank you, Dad.”

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

I told you.... not to hate harang. kekekeekekekekek :>

And it's entirely new, you know, writing Myungsoo as a boyfriend. 

anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVES!!!! Let's all look forward for the good things 2013 will bring!