Someone

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Jaehee chuckled as you pranced towards the cafeteria. “What’s up with you?” You stopped walking and flashed her a cheeky grin. “Eh?”

She chuckled even more. “You’re such a child, Eunhae. You know that?”

She started walking again, leaving you with an unconscious pout. “Wait uppp!”

 

L.joe walked lazily beside Chunji who was chatting intimately with his girlfriend of the week. “Ya, what’s up with you?” Chunji lightly nudged his side.

The stinging pain him back to reality. “What?”

Chunji chuckled, as well as his girl. “You’re spacing out, man. Seriously, you should get yourself a girlfriend, like my lovely Jaekyung here.” He shook his head and went back to busying himself. Jaekyung smiled sweetly.  

L.joe looked at Chunji’s forehead close to the Jaekyung’s, his arm wrapped around her tiny waist. “What does spacing out have to do with having a girlfrie—“

“That Eunhae girl, she’s pretty!” Chunji interrupted. L.joe’s eyes hardened. “Ya, I’m not like you. And Eunhae, she’s… a decent girl. A very decent and polite girl.” He seethed the last part, sending dirty looks towards Jekyung’s back.

Chunji shot his friend a look and smiled at his girlfriend. “Wanna eat, babe~?” He cooed.

Jaekyung nodded, batting her lashes. “Yes Oppa~”

“Okay, you go first. Oppa’s going to follow, ara?” He gave her his swoon-worthy smile and lightly guided her forward. She kissed Chunji on the cheek before swaggering to the cafeteria.

 

L.joe rolled his eyes with disgust. Chunji glared at his friend. “You. Don’t talk about indecent girls and stuff around my girls.”

With a scoff, L.joe eyes his friend mockingly. “You mean your… toys?”

“Whatever. You know they hate being called those… things. Besides, don’t make me lose my girls just because of your bad mood.” Chunji snickered.

L.joe responded with silence. Chunji’s eyes glistened as he remembered something. “Right, that Eunhae girl. Can I get her number?”

He didn’t expect L.joe’s head snapping at his direction, eyes hard. “I told you, She’s different. Don’t even… try, Lee Chanhee.”

Chunji puffed air in his cheeks, backing away a little. “Chill. It’s not like you like her or something.”

L.joe tensed.

“Right?” Chunji asked again, now curious.

L.joe walked past him with an unreadable expression. “I’m hungry. Let’s eat.”

 

 

Afternoon dawned in. Sungyeol entered the Kim Empire, nodding at the people that recognized him. He frequented the place when he was still in his childhood years, playing around with Myungsoo.

“Oh, Young Master Lee, Mr. Kim is inside his office, waiting.” The secretary smiled politely, guiding him towards the translucent glass doors. He gave her a thankful nod.

He pushed the doors open.

“Sungyeol-ah, you came. Thank you very much.” Mr. Kim stood up from his gigantic seat and gave him a light squeeze on the shoulder.

He smiled back. “Of course, uncle.”

“Have a seat, young man. You’ve grown taller. My Myungsoo’s getting left behind, huh?” He joked, laughing with his eyes still having that glint of negativity. Sungyeol chuckled too, feeling something off.

Fortunately, Mr. Kim went straight to the point. “Actually, Sungyeol-ah, I need your help.” His face turned serious, hands clasped together.

 

 

Sungyeol’s POV

 

 “Actually, Sungyeol-ah, I need your help.”

 

Confusion shot up within me. “W… With what, Uncle?”

Uncle Kim smiled, his lips pressed into thin lines.

“Myungsoo.”

 

Myungsoo’s name sent possibilities to mymind. Is he getting married? Is he gonna work? Why is Uncle Kim troubled with Myungsoo? Did they fight?

Before I could ask, he started again. “You know too well that he… lacks emotion in things. I’m afraid I’ve let him get on the wrong side of the world. He doesn’t… care about anything. And that affects me too, as a father. I don’t want Myungsoo to be a cold heartless man, Sungyeol. He deserves better, but I’ve given him everything. Everything.” He whispered the last word, closing his eyes.

Loneliness was evident on his face. Somehow it irked me too, Myungsoo being like that. And maybe it could affect his views in life too. But Uncle Kim failed to realize something.

 

“What are you planning, Uncle?” I asked, curious. He lifted his head up to meet my eyes. “I want to ask you something.”

I nodded. His face turned back to serious, but his eyes reflected worry. “Do… Perhaps… Do you know something that can help him get rid of his attitude. Like, something that could change him? Or make him happy?”

With those words, something came up my mind. “Uncle, don’t you think Myungsoo is getting fed up with material riches? I don’t mean to offend, but I think he needs love. I think he needs triggering of his emotions.”

Uncle Kim pinched the bridge of his nose. “You’re right. I spoiled him, but I left him. He didn’t grow up with a real father.” His tone was full of despair. “But he’s pushing me away, every time I try. I'm too late.”

“Actually, Uncle. There’s already someone.” I smiled.

His head snapped up immediately. “… Someone?”

“Nowadays, he’s showing slight emotions.”

Uncle Kim’s eyes glistened with hope. “Really? Where shall I get this… someone?”

I smirked, feeling the irony. “You don’t have to. They’re living together.”

Uncle Kim’s lips tugged into a smile as he realized.

“Perfect.” He breathed out.

 

NARRATOR

 

Kim Myungbak paced back and forth in his enormous office, his chin. “If I failed to give you love, my son, I’m giving it to you now.” He stopped, admiring Seoul’s view. “I’m sorry I was such a bad father.” He mumbled.

His phone vibrated, and quickly, he presses the green button “Yes, I called you earlier. Well, this is about my son and your daughter.” He stated, smiling to himself.

 

____________________________________________________________

what is he planning? o.o