So close

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“Where’s Infinite?”

You mumbled, chewing on the tapioca balls, the straw still wedged between your lips. Myungsoo scowled, looking at you pointedly.

You frowned. “What did I do?”

His lip twitched, annoyed. “Can you just enjoy my presence alone? Don’t look for other guys. You have the most handsome guy alive, in here.” He huffed, pointing a finger at his chest.

You stifled a laugh. “Wow, I’m honored.”

“You should be.” He flashed you his arrogant smile, adding a wink. You shuddered, pretending to choke. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and focused on his drink instead.

 

Both of you entered the house, exhausted from the day. Myungsoo threw himself straight to the couch, face first. You just chuckled and walked to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

“I want a glass of water! Add some ice.” He hollered.

You snickered, downing your glass in seconds.

 

“Where’s my water?” Myungsoo looked up, one of his brows was raised. You shrugged, pointing to the kitchen. “Get your off that couch and get your glass, lazy-.”

He frowned. “You still owe me.”

“I don’t. I bought you Milk Tea. Now I’m dead tired. Night, Myung.” You waved, giving him a slight nod. Myungsoo bit his lip, his thoughts disorganized on his head. He opened his mouth, hesitant.

“Hae!” He blurted out, stopping you in your tracks.

You turned around, your face sour. “Whaaaaaat now? I want to sleep.”

He maintained his straight face, hiding his fiddling fingers. “Tomorrow’s Saturday.”

You nodded, eyeing him quizzically. “I know. So?”

“Just dress up.”

“What?”

“You’re coming with me.”

You crinkled your nose. “Do you want to at least ask me?” Your voice was thick with sarcasm.

He waved his hand. “No thanks. You’re coming with me, and you can’t say no.”

“Oh really?” You challenged.

“Yes.”

“Where are we going, then?”

“Out.”

“Of course I know that.”

“Good.”

“Myungsoo!”

“What?”

“Where are we going?”

“Out.”

“Where??”

“Out.”

“Ugh, you’re helpless.” You sighed, walking away from him. When he heard your door slam, he chuckled to himself, feeling triumphant.

“That wasn’t so hard.” He murmured.

 

You sat on your bed, a smile curving your lips. Your heart was doing this flip flop thing, and there were endless somersaults on your stomach.

You bit your lip, but in the end a small squeal escaped.

“I’m…. shoot. Why am I feeling this?” You smiled like a retard to yourself.

 

Myungsoo plopped on his couch, grabbing the latest issue of his favorite car magazine. His eyes focused on the newest models for a while. BMW, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin…

“Darn it!”

He hissed, placing the magazine down. He couldn’t concentrate. His heart was hammering fast, and it was taking up all of him.

*Make her realize as well.* L.joe’s words rang endlessly on his head.

He crinkled his nose, ruffling his hair like a madman.

Moments later he was already ransacking his closet.

*Should I really worry on what to wear? I’ll look good anyway.* He dropped the plaid shirt he was holding and stared at the closet for a couple of seconds.

“I think she’ll like me on this.” He smirked, eyeing a red long sleeve sweater.

 

 

 

“Park Eunhaeeeeee! I won’t wait any longer! Get out now, or else… I’ll burn all your clothes!” Myungsoo endlessly banged on your door. A frustrated sigh escaped your lips, pulling the door open.

There he was, smirking triumphantly. “You’re afraid I’ll burn you clothes?”

“No. I was afraid the neighbors would think we’re murdering each other.” You snickered, trudging to the closet. Myungsoo eyes landed on the skirt you were wearing, trying his best to look away. His brows furrowed uncomfortably.

He gulped. “E…Eunhae.”

You looked at him, annoyed. “What now?”

He pointed to your skirt. “Change that. Now.”

You crinkled your nose in annoyance. “Why? The weather’s hot, and I want to wear this.” You pouted, crossing your arms. It irked you that he was even ordering you around with what to wear.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and walked towards you. He lightly pushed you inside the closet, his tone firm. “I want you to change. You’re attracting erts.”

“L…Like you?” You giggled.

Myungsoo frowned and poked your nose. “Did you just call me ert?”

“Yup.” You replied, popping the p.

“Oh, I am? May I remind you that we live together, on one house, with no one else. I can do whatever I want when you’re asleep.” He winked teasingly, closing the door for you to change.

“Kim Myungsoo!” You retorted, the door slamming in front of your face.

 

Both of you remained silent during the ride. You admired the view, like you always do, while Myungsoo focused on his driving, his eyes transfixed on the road.

“Where are we going?” You blurted out.

Myungsoo shrugged, not sparing you a glace. “Where the steering wheel takes us.”

“YOU are controlling the steering wheel, dimwit.” You snorted, chuckling at his lame attempt. Myungsoo glanced at you, shooting you his deadly glare. “I’m not telling, if that’s what you’re getting at.”

It was silent again for a few minutes, until a certain question popped in your brain once again. “Myung?”

“What?” He snapped.

You bit your lip, reluctant. “How did we become… like this?”

Myungsoo remained silent, as if he heard nothing. You gave up and looked away, diverting your attention to the road. *Since I developed something for you.* He inwardly chuckled.

 

 After about half an hour, Myungsoo stopped and parked outside a small house. You wanted to ask, but Myungsoo silenced you before you could even try.

“Yah what is this place?” You mumbled, as you unbuckled yourself. Myungsoo opened the door and flashed you his crooked smile. “Girls would die for your place right now.”

You snorted. “It’s not like I want to be here.”

Myungsoo’s eyes faltered. “Are you saying you don’t like my company?”

You looked up, realizing what you said. “M-myung, I didn’t mean it that way.”

He closed the door to his car and twirled the keys around his finger. “What else could it mean? I know, I forced you here.” He muttered, leaving you and walking first inside.

You lightly bopped your own head, following with quick small steps. “Wait for me!!”

 

“Myung, I’m sorry. I like your company.” You pleaded, holding his wrist. He turned, a smirk playing on his face. “You do?”

You quickly let go of his wrist. “I…”

Myungsoo neared you, leveling his face with yours. There were only centimeters between your faces. “Do you like being with me, Park Eunhae?” He whispered, his breath brushing your lips.

You gulped, slowly nodding. “Y..yeah.”

With that you quickly ran away, flustered. Myungsoo chuckled to himself. “Why are you so dense, you brat?” He mumbled.

 

You leaned on the wall, clutching your dear heart.

“What was that?!” You hissed, hitting yourself on the head. You looked around, realizing you had entered the house, and it looked really… nice. It was an ordinary house, furnished with furniture. Several paintings hung on the wall, and different ornaments were placed to decorate.

Your brows arched as you observed.

“Curious?” Myungsoo’s voice echoed.

He was leaning on the wall, a cup in his hand. You nodded. “Where is this?”

“I’ve never brought anyone here.” He started, looking around with a soft smile on his face. He looked comfortable and at ease. “This is supposed to be my secret.”

Now your eyes widened. “What is this place? Some kind of mafia meeting place?!” Panic was thick on your voice, and evident on your face. Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “You’re ruining the moment.”

You twitched your lip, walking towards the window. Vast grassland lay upon your eyes. On the right were clusters of trees, and there was a big house made of glass on the far right side.

“This is my hiding place. If you look farther, there’s a cliff there, where you can shout all your resentments. And on the right, that glass house… that’s what I want to show you.”

He smiled, a soft smile, and offered his hand to you. You almost gawked at his politeness.

 

You entered the greenhouse, the fresh smell of nature greeting you. There were varieties of flowers that grew on different rows, and trees gave the place enough shade. It was breathtaking.

Myungsoo walked to a nearby bench, patting the place beside him. You staggered on your steps, quickly sitting beside him. He chuckled.

“This is beautiful, Myung.” You breathed out.

He nodded. “Remember when I told you how my relationship with my father is?” You nodded, seeing the hint of melancholy in his eyes. “Well, before my mom died Dad was my best friend. Every weekend, we drove here and maintained this greenhouse. That tree over there, we planted it together, while my mom would grill some meat for dinner. This place… this place was our escape to the real world.”

Sadness hit you. You didn’t know why, but you wanted to hug him badly. “M…Myung..”

“Now, he never even sets foot here. But I can’t forget this place, Hae. It’s the only place I have memories of my mother, and my father too.”

He chuckled bitterly, shaking his head. “You may think I’m such a softie now.”

“No.” You firmly said. He turned to look at you and you suddenly felt uncomfortable. “M..Myung… I believe youf r father’s just… busy. He wants the best for you.”

A sigh escaped his lips. “I don’t know. I don’t want to think about those things.”

You nodded, respecting his personal thoughts.

“Myung?”

He looked at you, as a sign of response.

You bit your lip, looking down. “Why did you bring me here?”

He smiled. “I wanted to show you a part of me. Like… share who I am.”

“Why?”

“Because… I want to.” He shrugged.

You looked away, not really getting a proper answer from him. But your heart was fluttering, your stomach churning at the thought that he wanted to share his life.

“Hae.”

You remained silent.

“What I did for you in school… Why do you think I did that?”

You shook your head. “Because you hate the Song girls?”

He rolled his eyes. “Pabo. Such A pabo. You think that’s why?”

You looked away, flushed. “I don’t know.”

Myungsoo turned you to face him. “You know Kim Myungsoo will never do that kind of thing. I mean, why would I care if those girls hurt you? I’m Kim Myungsoo, I only care for myself. If I do that, I’ll destroy my image and-”

You clamped your palms on your ears, eyes shut. “Too much arrogance~~” You sang.

He laughed, removing your hands from your ears. “Now to the point.”

“I did those… because I want to. Just like why I brought you here, and why I’m telling you those things. Because I want to.”

Your brow rose. “Why do you want to?”

He smiled—his adorable crooked smile. “Because…”

Myungsoo fought his arrogant self. He wanted to tell you why, but his pride was on the way. He swallowed his spit, still lost in your curious eyes.

“Because… you know, I just felt like doing it.” He shrugged, quickly standing and walking away. You tilted your head at his weirdness.

Myungsoo metally slapped himself. *So close! Why can’t I just say it?!*

 

 

_________________________________________________

hihihihihihihihiihihihihihiihi