Yogurt

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

When you got home, you were fervently hoping Myungsoo’s still out.

*I don’t want to see him! I don’t… Aish!*

However, Myungsoo was already in his room. His brows were furrowed, upper lip twitched. His eyes were hard, glued to the random television shows airing.

*That brat! Why is she… so… gah! Annoying!*

 

Harang skipped down the stairs, holding her tub of yogurt. She stopped abruptly at the sight of you there on the door, looking at nowhere.

“You’re weird.” She snickered, waking you up from your thoughts. Your eyes met hers and down to her yogurt.

“Hey, that’s…”

She pouted innocently and stuck her spoon to her lips.

“Mine.” You finished, looking at the yogurt tub on her hand.

Her brows furrowed. “Yours? It doesn’t have your name on it.” She lifted the tub to examine it and smirked at your direction.

“I bought it. But you can have it. I mean, you already… opened it. And… ate it. I mean, you can have anything on the fridge. Feel free.” You fibbed, emotions running up your mind. *Am I annoyed? Angry?*

Harang looked at you with an unreadable expression. Slowly, she extended the tub to you. “Knowing that you bought it makes me not want it anymore.” She spat out, before releasing her hold on the tub. Yogurt splattered on the carpeted floor.

“Hey!” You shrieked, all panicky.

Harang chuckled bitterly and ascended the stairs.

 Your eyes bulged out, fists balled. “Ya! You!”

She stopped mid-sway and turned to look at you with that devious smirk. “You need something?”

“How dare you just walk away after messing this up?” You seethed, anger evident on your voice. Harang seemed to enjoy the moment. She shrugged and walked away.

Before he could really get to her room, Myungsoo’s door opened.

“What happened?” He asked, monotonously.

You heard his voice, and without any hesitation, you called his name. Immediately Myungsoo ran to your place on the living room.

“Eunhae. What—“

“Oppa! I… I didn’t know she owned that yogurt. She got angry and grabbed it from me, throwing it to the floor.” Harang sadly pouted on her place on the stairs. Myungsoo looked at you. “Eunhae—“

“What?! I even told her she could have it. I’m not that petty for a yogurt tub!” You exclaimed. Harang sniffled. “I’m so sorry, Eunhae-sshi. I didn’t mean to… But you didn’t have to… be harsh on me.” Her lips tugged into a sad curve.

Myungsoo sighed. “You know what? You could’ve—“

“I told you, I didn’t do it! I was being polite, for goodness sake!”

“She even… hissed curse words…” Harang whispered.

Anger was already running in your system. Myungsoo ran his fingers through his hair and had a grave look on his face. “Euha—“

“Lies.” You seethed.

“Stop cutting me off, damn it!” Myungsoo shrieked, stomping his foot. The room became silent all of a sudden. Harang was hiding her triumphant smirk.

“You know what? I don’t even care if you believe me or not.” You spat out, lips pressed into a thin line. But Myungsoo caught your wrist just in time.

“You’re so childish.” He hissed.

You looked at his hand and bitterly chuckled. “Oh yeah?”

Myungsoo heaved a sigh. “Apologize, Eunhae.”

 

Your head jerked to Harang’s direction. Her head was lowered, her fingers playing with her dress. “But I didn’t do anything.”

“Just stop this.”

You wriggled free from his grip and turned away. “I hate you.” You whispered before trudging towards your room.

 

 

“Park Chanyeol!” You whined, looking at Chanyeol who was standing on your room’s door. He had a worried look on his face. “You called me, and look! I’m here!” He spread his arms.

You walked to him and buried your face to his chest. “I want to eat, Oppa.” You whispered. Chanyeol closed the door with his free hand and caressed you hair with the other. “Hae, you know it’s late.”

You walked back to your bed and lay flat on your stomach. “I miss Yoochun Oppa, you know.” You mumbled. Chanyeol plopped beside you and turned you to face him.

“What exactly happened?”

A sigh escaped your lips. “Harang. Myungsoo.”

“Who’s Harang?”

You thought for a moment. “Uh… Myungsoo’s… friend. She’s living here.”

Chanyeol nodded in understanding.

“So? What happened between the three of you?”

 

Minutes later, you finished explaining everything to Yeol.

“She… Maybe she just doesn’t want to look bad in front of Myungsoo.”

You rolled your eyes. “But she’s bad. Liar, liar, liar!”

“Calm down, Hae.”

“How can I calm down?!”

“You said it yourself, right? You don’t care if Myungsoo believes you or not. So why are you getting all worked up?” Chnayeol had scrutinizing look on his face as he eyed you.

You looked away, fiddling with the pillowcase. “I’m… just annoyed, okay?”

“Yeah, yeah.” He chuckled, throwing you a pillow. “Go to sleep.”

“How about you,Oppa?” You asked, a yawn escaping your lips.

He stretched his arms. “I’m sleeping here.”

“No! Go home! I can’t sleep with your snores.”

“Goodnight, Hae.” He winked and blew you a kiss.

“AHHH, Oppa get losssssst!”

 

 

_____________

petty,petty. tsk