Spark

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“I’m your savior.”

You smiled, hugging him tightly. “You are, Lay Oppa! How did you even know I need an ?”

He chuckled, caressing your hair. “You do?”

You looked at him pointedly. “You… didn’t know?”

“I’m here to tell you I’m going to the party too. Chanyeol told me you were asked to go, and I thought it would be a good idea to—“

“Just when I thought you really are my savior.” You snorted, cutting him off.

Lay rolled his eyes playfully and pulled you in the car.

 

“Doomed.” You mumbled, looking at the crowd of business-minded people. Lay blew a raspberry beside you. “Totally doomed.”

“Why are we even here?” You whined, scanning faces that you couldn’t recognize.

Lay shrugged. “Because of our parents….?”

“Yeah right.” You snickered.

Now you could imagine your brother’s life. Attending meetings, hosting parties, talking all about investments and stocks. *I pity you, bro.* You thought, looking at the different tables filled with people.

Lay gently held your hand and led you to a nearby table. “Let’s get you some seat, Young Miss.” He pulled out a chair for you, a good boy smile plastered on his face. If you were any other girl, you would've fallen for him. But your relationship with Lay is completely platonic.

You chuckled. “Thanks dude.”

 

Myungsoo sat on his chair, playing with the table napkins.

“I want to go home.” He mumbled to himself. Unfortunately, Harang heard him. “Oppa! Aren’t you enjoying the party?” She chirped.

Myungsoo looked away. “It’s boring.”

Somehow, his sight landed at another table.

His grip on the table napkins tightened.

 

“Oppa, should we eat?” You asked, bored and hungry. Lay shook his head. “Later, my parents’ business partners are there on the buffet table. I don’t want to get caught with business talks.” He pleaded.

“Hmmkay.” You slumped on your seat, pouting. Lay caught sight of you and poked your cheek playfully. “Cheer up!” He chimed.

“I’m hungryyyy.”

He chuckled and ruffled your hair. “Patience, Eunhae.”

Your lip twitched as you want back to slouching. “I never get that virtue.”

Few minutes later, Lay could't take it anymore. Your endless sighing irked him.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go.” He sighed in defeat, leading you to the buffet table. A grin plastered on you face as you encircled your arms on Lay’s. "To food~"

 

Myungsoo chuckled bitterly on his seat. “That girl really is something.”

Harang was not at all satisfied with Myungsoo’s lack of emotions. She sighed, following the direction his eyes were directed to. And at that very moment, she saw you.

“Her?” She scoffed to herself.

Suddenly, she brightened up and grinned.

“Oppa, can you accompany me to the buffet table?” She pleaded, batting her lashes at Myungsoo. He reluctantly nodded. “… Okay.”

 

“Oh, Eunhae-sshi! What a coincidence!” Harang smiled, eyeing you and Lay. You grunted lowly but remained in your façade. Lay smiled back, his arm s around your waist protectively.

Myungsoo was expressionless beside Harang. His gaze fell on Lay’s arms, hurriedly he looked away, grunting.

“Aren’t you going to introduce us to your friend?”

You uncomfortably stood there, tightening your grip on Lay. “Oh, Harang-sshi, Myungsoo-sshi, this is Zhang Yi Xing, my friend.”

Lay flashed his pearl whites. “Hello, I’m Yi Xing. You can call me Lay.”

Harang smiled tightly. Myungsoo just nodded.

“Hello, Lay-sshi.” She said in her most appealing voice.

 

You awkwardly turned to the buffet table. Lay excused himself to talk with some friends. Alone, you placed different sweets on your small plate. 

“Ya.” Myungsoo stood beside you, also filling up his plate. You looked up at him, and for a second you stopped. He was… dashing in his suit. But of course, you would not admit that.

You placed your last brownie on your plate before replying. “What?”

“Aren’t… you bored here?” He stammered, looking at the buffet table, avoiding your gaze. Memories played on his mind; like when the two of you escaped.

You sighed. “I am, but I have no choice.”

He chuckled. “You’re being the usual pig again.” He snickered, looking at your plate. Your lip twitched. “Whatever.”

With that you hurriedly stomped towards your table, leaving Myungsoo behind.

 

“Son! Where’s Eunhae?” Mr. Kim smiled at his son. Myungsoo jerked his head towards your direction. “Accompany her, look~ She’s alone.” He winked.

Myungsoo looked at his Dad weirdly. “She… She’s with someone.”

Mr. Kim’s head bolted up. “Oh, she is?”

Myungsoo stiffly nodded at his father.

 

Harang smiled as she saw you alone on the table. Slowly, she approached you.

“Eunhae-sshi, why so lonely?” She chimed, gladly taking the seat beside you. Your eyes faltered on her sequined dress that was so short. “Why are you here?”

She pretended to be hurt. “I only want to talk to you~”

“Harang, if you’re—“

“Do you want wine? Wait.” She grinned, waving a hand to a waiter. She placed a red wine flute in front of you and sipped hers. “Come on, I just want to be friends.” She giggled deviously.

Your lip twitched as you sipped your drink. The hot liquid ran down your throat in moments. Harang shrugged as she placed er glass down.

“So you’re pretty close with many guys?” She urged.

You looked at her pointedly.  “Why do you care?”

“So you’re that kind of girl.” She sneered, looking at you with disgust on her eyes. You looked at her sharply. “What are you saying?” You said through gritted teeth.

Harang smirked. “You perfectly know what I’m saying. Don’t play innocent on me.”

“Are you telling me…” You stammered, anger boiling within you. Harang’s lips were pressed into a thin line before she finished. “That’s you’re a flirt.”

That did it. You slammed your hand on the table, eyes glued on her.

“What did I ever do to you?!” You seethed, careful not to attract attention.

Harang seemed to enjoy. “Nothing. Just living under the same roof with Oppa makes you such a dirty woman. You’re trying to seduce him, aren’t you?” She snapped.

“Seduce?” You scoffed. “I’m a decent lady, unlike you.”  You spat out. “I don’t cling to men, and more so, I don’t force myself to people.”

Harang’s expression darkened. Her eyes turned hard and her hold on her flute tightened. “You don’t know who you’re dealing with.” She hissed.

You straightened, returning the glare. “You started this.”

In a millisecond, Harang’s lips tugged into an evil smirk. She purposely spilled the red wine all over your dress.

“Oh!” You gasped, looking at your soaked dress. Harang’s brow rose as she chuckled. “Suits you well.” She spat out.

 

Myungsoo, at that very moment, turned his head to look at you. What he saw displeased him. Immediately, he half-ran to your direction.

“What happened here?” He asked, stunned.

You were looking at your dress, feeling the cold liquid trickle down your body.

Harang’s facial expression changed. Her face softened. “Oppa, she accidentally spilled wine on herself. Omo, what to do?!”

Lay also arrived. His eyes faltered on your dress. “Hae!” He was about to help you up, but Myungsoo already had his arms around your waist securely. He quickly removed his coat and placed it on your shoulders.

His face was painted with evident worry. His hands dabbed table napkins to your wet dress.

Harang’s jaw clenched with what she witnessed.

“Let’s get you out of here.” Myungsoo whispered, whisking you away from the party, careful not to garner attention.

Both of you walked towards the back door.

Lay stood there, amused. His lips tugged into a smile.

However, the other, Harang kept her emotions to herself.

 

Mr. Kim smiled as he was his son’s actions. His eyes followed the both of you as you exited the party, a contented smile lingering on his lips.

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

:> comments are loved. thanks for subbing.