Slow realizations

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

The sun shone through the slits of the curtains, slapping your face with its warm rays. Your lids slowly fluttered, a yawn escaping your dry lips.

“Saturday!” You mouthed, a knowing smile lingering on your lips.

 

Since you had no plans for the day except for your dinner date with L.joe, you just decided to ransack your closet for nice clothes. Maybe a dress or something would do. But because of your “just-transferred-to-Korea” state, your nice dresses were all left in California.

You didn’t know why but somehow, you wanted to look good in front of L.joe. Even if your feelings were still rolling over with your doubts, still he was a good friend and he was worth dressing up.

“Eonni?” You mumbled, the phone wedged between your cheek and shoulder as you threw the clothes to the bed. She chimed on the other line. “Ne, my cousin? How are you?”

“I’m great... No, scratch that. Actually, I’m in a dilemma.” You muttered, running your fingertips through the hung clothes.

You could hear her low chuckle. “Boy issues again?”

“No, dress issues. I have a date tonight, and well… you know my style.” You sheepishly grinned. Seohyun hummed knowingly. “Oh, I perfectly know how you dress, and that won’t do! I’ll be there.”

 

 

Few minutes later, a silver Porsche parked just outside.

 

Myungsoo’s head  popped beside your door.

“Closet Clean-up?” He mumbled, still in his bed hair. The sight of him made you chuckle. But even if you wouldn’t admit it, he was hot. And that made your heart skip a beat. “Ah… just, you know. Looking for something.”

He nodded and invited himself in. “I think you have a guest.” He muttered, jumping to your bed. You rolled your eyes and busied yourself. “That’s my cousin.”

Just in time, Seohyun barged in.

“Is that a date with that L.joe—“ She squealed, but immediately closed when she saw Myungsoo lying face first on the bed. “Oh.” She gasped.

“Don’t bother him, he’s just too arrogant he claims my bed as his own too.” You chuckled and pulled her to your closet. Seohyun was smiling like a retard.

“It’s cute that you actually get along.” She whispered, nudging your side.

You made a face. “No we don’t, we’re just tolerating each other.”

“Whatever you say~” She giggled.

 

Myungsoo sat up as soon as the door to your walk-in closet slammed shut. He bit his lip in worry. “So she’s going on a date with that guy?”

He raked his hair while his brows knitted together. A frustrated sigh escaped his lips. *I’m going crazy. Ugh I hate this stupid feeling.* He stood up and trudged out, his face painted with annoyance.

 

“Why do you want to dress up?” Seohyun nonchalantly asked as the both of you entered another dress shop. You smiled inwardly. “Because I want to look good. Isn’t that what it should be?”

“Does that mean you like him back?” She stopped and bore her eyes into yours. You puffed your cheeks, hesitant. “I… I don’t know. But… I thought about what you said though.”

She smiled encouragingly. “And?”

“I think he’s really a great guy. And I might give him a chance.”

Seohyun giggled. ‘I will support you. I’m just curious on what your brother has to say about this.” You snorted at the mention of your brother. “He shouldn’t intervene with my life.”

“Oh no. We all know how protective Yoochun Oppa can be.” Seohyun wiggled her finger in front of your face. You shrugged. “Then let him do his thing.”

 

A few moments later, the both of you were standing side by side, admiring the clothes on the rack.

“Eonni.” You mumbled. “What?” She breathed out, busying herself with the racks.

“I asked Myungsoo for an advice, and he told me to dump L.joe.” You muttered, picking out a red peplum dress.

Seohyun stopped to look at you. “He told you that?” Her lips tugged into an amused smile.

“Yeah, and I told him it was unfair. He replied that life is unfair and how we should deal with it and stuff.” You replied, examining the dress’ cloth.

Seohyun smiled knowingly. “What else did he say?”

“Oh! He even dragged me away from L.joe at school. That was surprising.” You nodded, lips pressed into a thin line.

Seohyun grabbed the dress you were holding and threw it to the basket. You shrugged and went back to picking. “I don’t get him. He hates L.joe when he shouldn’t.”

*She’s clueless, or she doesn’t want to believe?* Seohyun thought.

“What else happened?” She inquired, squeezing out answers from you.

You sighed. “Harang. She’s annoying the hell out of me.”

“And why is that?”

“She clings on to Myungsoo like a leech. And she’s whiny and flirty and everything.” You sneered. “And do you know that she accuses me of seducing Myungsoo? Oh my, she’s getting on my nerves.”

Seohyun nodded. “She likes Myungsoo then.”

“Then she touches him everywhere, and even calls him Myubaby, and… ugh! She’s annoying.” Your lip twitched as you diverted you attention to the clothes.

Seohyun’s brow rose in suspicion. “You hate her?”

You stopped what you were doing and looked at her with wide eyes. “Are you really asking me that? Of course, I do!”

Her lips tugged into a knowing smile. “Why?”

*Myungsoo, Myungsoo, Myungsoo. Does she even realize what she’s saying?* She chuckled inwardly.

“I already told you! She’s so into Myungsoo that it annoys me.” You snickered. “It’s not like Myungsoo likes her back. Whatever, I don’t care.” You harrumphed and stomped away, tons of dresses in your basket.

Seohyun looked at your figure and smiled to herself. “Dense, really.”

 

 

Myungsoo barged in Sungyeol's flat. Only Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungyeol were present.

 

“Your facial expression seems darker than the usual.” Hoya observed, his chin. Myungsoo heaved a deep sigh as he sat down. Dongwoo whistled. “The ice prince having problems?”

Sungyeol chuckled. “That’s new.”

“I… I don’t know what’s going on with me lately.” Myungsoo ran his fingers through his har, again letting out a frustrated sigh. The three guys stared back at him with stunned expressions. This friend rarely opens up, more so, rarely shows his emotions.

Dongwoo started. “Tell us. Maybe we could shed some light.”

The other two nodded encouragingly. Myungsoo looked at them, his eyes hesitant. “Well, I… I feel weird.”

“What kind of weird?”

“I hate someone without any reason. And I get easily worked up.” Myungsoo exhaled heavily.

Sungyeol’s lips tugged into a smirk. “And this weird feeling comes because of this one person?”

Myungsoo looked away. “..Yes.”

Hoya chuckled. “Then you’re attached. Easy as that.”

*Attached?* He thought, your face floating in his distorted mind.

Dongwoo spoke up, hitting the target. “It’s Eunhae.”

Myungsoo’s head snapped up. “…What? No.”

Hoya sat straight, now staring intensely at his friend. “That wasn’t a question, Myung. And we all know it, even if you deny it. That fact is, you’re too dense.”

“You like her.” Sungyeol nodded.

Myungsoo kept quiet. Thoughts buzzed on his head that it started to ache. His friends’ words rang endlessly on his ears, making him feel the burning feeling inside him again. His heart was hammering inside, for some reason he’s already starting to admit.

He stood up and turned away from the three.

“Think about it, Myung. Then you’ll see.” Dongwoo hollered.

He walked away with heavy steps, brows furrowed. All his life this never occured to him, and now, he feels different. He feels new, and somehow, determined.

Something powerful was fueling up inside him.

 

                                      

You giddily jumped in your seat, looking at the waiter nearing your table. “It’s here, it’s here~” You sang. Seohyun shook her head at you, clucking her tongue.

Your face fell when the waiter turned to the table beside yours.

“Darn it.” You muttered.

Seohyun’s lips tugged into an amused smile. “Hae?”

Your head snapped up, irritation painted on your face. “What?”

“Do you want another advice?” She grinned. You nodded, propping your elbows on the table.

“I could really use tons.”

Seohyun’s face turned to serious. You swallowed your spit uneasily. “Eonni—“

“Hae, listen to me, okay?” She firmly said.

 You nodded promptly.

“Don’t go on with decisions if you’re not really sure. Take time to listen to what your mind and heart is saying. You might tell me right now that you don’t like someone, but that feeling just comes. You may not know it, but you already like someone.”

“What are you say—“

“Just keep that in mind. Let’s eat.” She smiled.

At that moment the waiter placed you orders on the table. Seohyun gave you a knowing look before digging in. Your brows were furrowed, thinking of what she was saying a while ago.

“The food won’t wait for you. I’ll eat it if you don’t want it.” She playfully wiggled her brows. You woke up from your daze, eyes landing at the food in front of you.

 

 

Night slowly approached and took over.

You applied the last touches of shimmer powder on your neck and smiled contentedly at your reflection. Seohyun was lounging on your couch, waiting for you to finish. Both of yiu agreed to go to the restaurant together, since L.joe can’t pick you up.

You groaned, imagining how it would be when L.joe finds out you live with the school’s bad boy. *Maybe I should tell him…* You sighed. But then, Myungsoo’s angry glare pooped out of your thoughts. *Or maybe not.*

As you were on the road, with Seohyun driving, your eyes roamed around the view.

“Oh!” You gasped, a smile forming on your lips. Seohyun’s brows arched. “What’s the matter?”

“You see that Milk Tea shop?” You beamed. She nodded. “Happy Lemon?”

Your lips formed an ‘o’. “So that’s what it’s called...”

“What about it?” She urged.

You grinned. “It’s where I usually drink Milk Tea with Myungsoo. Which reminds me! He was even forced to treat all his friends yesterday. That was epic, I can’t forget that stupid look on his face!” You burst out in a loud guffaw.

Seohyun shook her head, stealing you a glance. *And his name pops out again.*

 

 

“You came.” L.joe stood up and pulled out a chair for you.

You smiled back. “Of course I would, you’re my buddy.”

L.joe’s heart fluttered. He clasped his hands together, flashing you his crooked smile. And again, unease crept up your body. *Why is he so happy around me? I don’t even feel worthy…*

“So, is it bad that I already ordered?” he sheepishly touched the nape of his neck. You grinned, wanting him to be more comfortable around your presence. “No it’s fine. Thanks.”

He stared back at you with the glint of happiness on his eyes. You lowered your head, flushed. Your insides were somehow reacting to his smile. “I’m going to melt, you know.”

L.joe chuckled. “Sorry. Can’t help it.” With those words, you turned crimson. L.joe shut his eyes, embarrassed. “I mean… I was staring because…”

“Oh let’s just forget it.” You muttered.

A second later, both of you were caught in giggling fits.

 

After the meal, both of you strolled around the same park. You were happily admiring the night sky, while he was admiring you.

“Eunhae.” He mumbled. You stopped in your tracks and flashed him a smile. “Hmmm?”

L.joe exhaled and placed his hands on his pockets. “You may know too well that I’m not the same person around others, right?”

An amused chuckle escaped your lips. “Lee Byunghyun from Teen Top. Delinquent, cold and just stone hard?” You teased.

He bit his lip, smiling. “Well, maybe that’s right…”

“Remove the maybe.” You socked his arm and laughed. His eyes sparkled, gazing at you while you laughed. “I don’t know too why I’m like this.”

“But I feel honored being friends with this side of you.”

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, feeling the crisp night touch his skin. “I feel honored too, and lucky, to be your buddy.”

You wanted to respond, but your mouth dried up.

Something blocked your throat, preventing you to express yourself. Then there was this churning on your stomach.

Then it hit you, hard.

You could imagine L.joe as a really great friend, but beyond that, it was questionable. And it pains you to hurt him. You despised the fact that sooner or later, you had to respond to him. You had to stop making him wait, and fear ate you whole at the mere thought. What if you find out witin yourself that you couldn’t return the feelings he was willing to share? Will the friendship vanish?

Why are you even doubting? Is it because, just in the spur of a moment, you realized you couldn’t go beyond?

Your stomach churned as you paled at the thought.

“Do you want something?” He asked, placing a polite hand on yur shouler.

You slowly looked at it, gulping. “Yes.”

L.joe’s brows rose. “Dessert? Drink?”

“Answers.” You breathed out.

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________

This is a long one. heehee

And yep, i decreased the font's size. hope u dont mind.

=))