To be Happy

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Yoochun crossed his legs, as he made himself comfortable on your couch. You sighed, sitting on the arm rest. He didn’t even look up.

“Oppa.” You lightly nudged him, and still he remained unbothered, reading his book.

You snorted and stood up, crossing the room with heavy steps. That action bothered Yoochun. “Seriously? You’re that lazy you can’t even walk properly?” He shook his head, annoyed.

You grinned and flung your arms up. “Finally, you notice me!”

Chun raised a brow. “Problem?”

“Tons.” You whimpered, throwing yourself on the bed. You could hear his low chuckle. “Spill the beans, sis.”

You blew a raspberry, lying back first and staring at the ceiling. “I… I feel weird…”

“What weird?”

“I mean… ugh I don’t know! Myungsoo’s…”

“What about him?”

“Will you even let me finish?” You shot him an annoyed glare. He raised his hands up defensively and nodded, urging you to go on.

You rolled your eyes, staring back at the ceiling. “Well… you know. He’s being… different. Nice but not nice. You get that?”

“You think you make sense?” Yoochun snickered, scratching his head. You sat up and frowned. “It’s hard to put in in words.”

“Or you just can’t say it?” He urged, his brows wiggling. You looked away immediately. “What? You’re insane, Oppa.”

 

“Oh hey Hae.” L.joe removed his giant headphones and flashed you a ckeeky grin. You smiled back, holdng on to your MCM backpack. “You’re sunny today.” You observed.

He chuckled, touching the nape of his neck. “Just… relieved, you know. I discovered something within myself.”

You looked at him pointedly. “And that is…?”

L.joe stuck his tongue out, walking faster and leaving you behind. He could perfectly hear your loud complaints, and he just shook his head while laughing.

*That above everything else you deserve to be haapy.* He smiled to himself.

 

“So… you want to eat something?” You asked. L.joe pretended to his chin, feigning deep thinking. “Well… due to my schedule…”

“Ya!” You scowled.

He chuckled, giving you two thumbs up. “Okay, okay. Such a pig, really. What do you wanna eat?”

You thought for a while, before grinning. “Dukkbokki! I miss dukkbokki!”

He nodded. “To dukkbokki we go~”

L.joe smiled to himself, as he felt this entirely new feeling inside him. This feeling of giving up something and gaining something more meaningful.

And in his case, that’s friendship.

 

 

The sun slowly said its goodbye.

Students didn’t even dare look you maliciously. Some would smile at you, some would just walk past you, avoiding. You blew a raspberry, looking at one student walk fast when his eyes landed at you. “Myungsoo’s powers… really.”

Your calves were throbbing from too much walking. You had to find a place to rest.

 

Myungsoo casually walked on the hallway, his mind again flying somewhere. He caught sight of you in a nearby bench, and his face lit up even more. People passed by him, looking at his unusual face, and immediately he composed himself, maintaining his expressionless façade. Bad-.

“Kim Myungsoo.”

He his heel, his eyes meeting L.joe’s. “Oh, you. Yes?”

“I want to tell you something.” L,joe started, his gaze locked on him. Myungsoo’s ears perked up, and he nodded. “Okay.”

“You won before I could even try. Take good care of her. I know you will.” He gave Myungsoo an encouraging nod and pointed towards you.

“Go and make her realize as well.”

Myungsoo couldn’t help it, his lips tugged into a very very small smile. The slightest hint of his happiness. “I will. Thank you.”

With that L.joe gave him one last smile before he was left alone, looking at your figure a few meters away.

 

“Now why are you so dense, Park Eunhae?” He muttered to himself. He slowly walked to your direction, trying to figure out what he should do. How should he act?

You looked up, feeling presence. “Oh,its just you.” You mumbled, heat creeping up your cheeks. Myungsoo snickered, taking a seat beside you. “Just me? Hello, I’m Kim Myungsoo, you can’t say it’s just me.”

You sneered at him, making him smile a little. “Good thing I already managed to get along with that attitude of yours.”

Myungsoo nodded, his eyes not leaving your face.

Suddenly, that tingling sensation got worse. Your heart was pounding fast again and again, and you needed to breathe properly. “M…Myung.” You croaked.

He looked at the vast university view before his eyes, his face unreadable. “Hmm?”

You couldn’t get the words out of your mouth, but you perfectly knew you should. So it took a lot of effort. “Uh… I… Uh…”

“You sound stupid.” He interrupted, sending you a teasing look.

You sighed, helplessly slumping on your seat. “It’s hard.”

He chuckled, poking your cheek. Immediately, he realized what he was doing and jerked his hand away from your face. You tensed, turning crimson. He quickly looked away, hiding his flustered face. “I…I…”

“Myung, Thanks for yesterday.” You managed to squeak out straightly. He turned his head slowly, the feeling of embarrassment slowly vanishing. He was feeling happy. “What ‘yesterday’?”

You bit your lip. “Uhm, you know. With the Song girls…”

It remained silent. Both of you were drowning on your own seats, something stirring up. Myungsoo was smiling now, he couldn’t hide it.

“Ya, a simple thank you wouldn’t do.”

Your brows furrowed as you looked at him suspiciously. “Arrogant douche! What do you want?”

He chuckled, scooting closer to you. You couldn’t move away or else your would collide with the hard cement. Myungsoo wore his favorite playful smirk, his brows arched evilly. “Y…ya. Wha-at are… you..”

Myungsoo didn’t hear anything. He leaned closer… closer that there were only a few centimeters between your faces. His eyes stared at yours, and you felt a lump of wax forming on your throat. Your heart was dancing hiphop, your fingers trembling.

His eyes left yours, and it landed on your lips. He leaned closer, closer until his lips brushed your cheeks. You haven’t noticed but you were closing your eyes and holding your breath.

 

“You have to treat me Milk Tea.” He whispered, a light chuckle forming on his throat.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________