Slowly

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

You lazily got up from your bed, cursing nothing in particular. Your bed hair was sticking out everywhere, and drool dried up at the corner of your lips.

 

“I’d feel embarrassed if I were you.” Myungsoo snickered, as you brushed past him on the stairs. You grunted, still disoriented in the early morning. After downing a glass of cold water, you heaved a sigh.

Just then, you faced the semi-tinted windows of the kitchen.

A messy, ugly woman stared back at you. Your eyes widened, horrified. “I look like crap!” You hit your head, dashing upstairs. *And Myungsoo saw me in this state.* You mentally tortured yourself, stomping your foot.

Myungsoo chuckled from his room, hearing all your shrieks. He shook his head, smiling inwardly. *Cute.*

 

Harang stepped out of her room, all prepped up. She skipped to the kitchen with a smile on her face. The smile lingered there for some unknown reason. *I’ts getting there!* She squealed in delight, mindlessly rummaging the fridge for something to eat.

“Oh, Oppa! Good Morning!” She chirped, dancing to Myungsoo’s side. He gave her a small smile and pat her head. “Good morning.”

Again, in your morning cramming routine, you scrambled down the stairs with all your stuff jammed in your bag. You jumped to the couch, arranging everything.

Cellphone, check. Wallet, check. Binder, check....

Myungsoo stepped out the kitchen with a silly smile and lightly bopped your head.

He cleared his throat. “D…do you want to.. ride with me?” He kept his façade, looking at the surroundings as he placed his hands on his pockets. You gave him an amused smile. “Really?”

“No, I was joking.” He rolled his eyes sarcastically.

“Well, if tha—“

“Oppa, Oppa!” Harang hopped in the scene, a bright smile on her face. “Uncle wants me to model for the company’s new product. I need to go there, can you… drive me there?” She batted her lashes.

A low grunt erupted from your throat.

Harang looked at you from the corner of her eyes. She smiled, fiddling with her fingers. Myungsoo looked at her uncertainly. “Well..Uh..”

“Please.” She whimpered, tugging in his sleeve. Your nose flared at the scene. Your brows furrowed, along with your lips tugging into a disgusted shape.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. “Uh, sure.”

Harang grinned and kissed his cheek. “Thanks, Oppa!”

Now, you couldn’t contain the snicker anymore. Myungsoo seemed to notice, and he immediately looked your way as Harang exited the room. “So, ride with me? You know, I’m being polite.”

You laughed bitterly. “No thanks.” With that you stalked away, a frown on your face.

Myungsoo’s head tilted at the sight of you leaving. “Did I do something wrong?” He muttered.

You walked away, jaw clenched. “Why am I so affected with Harang? It’s not like… gah! I hate her. She’s so.. ugh.”

Myungsoo sat alone on the leaving room, a small smile tugging on his lips. *Is she… no, She can’t be.*

 

“She’s so freaking annoying!” You stomped your foot, oblivious to the people giving you weird glances. “Ugh I can’t get it out of my head, shoot it!”

You stoppd your cursing when someone lightly tapped your shoulders.

“What?!” You snarled, miffed.

L.joe raised his hands in the air, a crooked smile on his lips. “Woah, woah. Easy there, Brattela.”

“Oh, sorry. It’s you.” You looked down, biting your lips. He chuckled and slowly tilted your head up. “Why? Were you expecting someone else?”

You gulped, uncomfortable with the closeness. “No one.”

He let go and shrugged. “That’s great, then let’s go!”

Next thing you know, the two of you were running on the hallways, with L.joe holding your hand. He was grinning from ear to ear, and you couldn’t help but smile with his randomness.

He stopped just in front of the school grounds, inhaling the early morning breeze.

“Isn’t it wonderful?” He breathed out, closing his eyes. You did the same, feeling the cool air touch your skin. “Yes it is.”

“Just like you.”

You opened your lids to see him smile at you.

You awkwardly chuckled. “Hehehe, you’re… funny!”

It bothered you how L.joe’s simple acts had another effect on you. Your head throbbed as you contemplated on the situation.

“So… first class is in ten minutes.” You grinned, touching the nape of your neck. L.joe nodded, simply leading the way.

He knew. He knew how it was different for you.

He didn’t hate the fact though, yet he was still on the stage of denying it. And as of now, he wouldn’t give up. Even if it would take so much of everything.

 

Myungsoo blew a raspberry, driving away from their company. After dropping Harang off, his father had forced him to go inside and talk. And he knows best how things are not good woth his father.

He closed his eyes after parking, letting his father’s words slowly sink in.

“I just hope that in everything that you do, don’t let the special pieces of your life slip away. Sometimes, they don’t come back.”

A sigh escaped his lips, his brows furrowed. *What was that supposed to mean?*

 

 

Students diminished in number as the bell for lunch break shook the entire school. You sighed, famished from the intense lesson. You grumpily shoved your things in your bag and walked out.

“Uh, Hae?” L.joe stopped in front of you, blocking your way. He leaned on the door frame and bit his lip. “I… I think I need to tell you something.”

“What?” You meekly replied.

He smiled. “I… uh.” L.joe helplessly fiddled with his fingers, color rushing to his cheeks. Your heart hammered, getting nervous on what he would say. There’s no denying, you’re a naturally socially awkward person.

“I….” He started again, breathing steadily to regain his composure.

But you were already looking around. You couldn’t bear to feel the awkward atmosphere in the air. You just wanted your old relationship with L.joe back, not this heavy feeling.

Myungsoo was aimlessly walking on the hallways, and his eyes narrowed at the sight of you. You shot him a look, and he returned it with a questioning glare.

“You know, lately….” L.joe breathed out, looking straight to your eyes. You stared back, wide eyed. Whatever L.joe was planning to say, it provoked your senses. Judging from your feelings, and the emotions running around your brain, there was still no answer to him. And you badly wanted him as your Byungie, as your sleeping buddy. And thinking about what could happen when you answer… breaks your heart.

“Myungsoo!” You squeaked, scrambling to Myungsoo’s side.

L.joe snapped his head to the other direction where you ran off.

You smiled sheepishly, letting out an awkward chuckle. “I… I just remembered… we have … a family affair to attend. Right, Myungsoo?”

L.joe’s eyes landed at your arm tugging on Myungsoo’s. The slightest twitching on his lip showed his disappointment.

Myungsoo accusingly looked at you, his eyes fierce. You looked back at him, forcing a smile. “Right? That event?” You hissed.

Myungsoo straightened up and faced L.joe. “Y… yeah. Our company’s merger party.”

L.joe nodded, hiding his expression. “Oh, sure. Take care Hae.”

You nodded and smiled genuinely at him. “Bye Byungie.”

 

 

“Wow, you’re really a pain in the .” Myungsoo flung his hands up as both of you got out of the building. You pouted. “I just needed to get away.”

“Why? Was he proposing?” He snickered.

You rolled your eyes at him. “No, I just don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Why? Are you having felings for him?” He asked, simply hiding his nervous expression. You shook your head. “Not now… I don't know, i miss how we used to be really good friends. Now it's a little weird.”

“Really?” He looked up, unconsciously smiling.

You stared back at him. “Why are you smiling like a retard?”

He quickly regained his composure,his arrogant face back on. “What? I wasn’t.”

Silence took over as the both of you walked around the campus, thinking of things. Myungsoo was happy that you weren’t awkward with him, despite what he said to you.

“Before I needed to you two, now you purposely left him for me.” He scoffed, an amused smile on his face. You stopped walking and bore death glares into his back. “I didn’t leave him for you!”

“Then what was that?” He smirked, enjoying the moment.

You bit your lip. “I… I just didn’t know what to do.”

“Just admit it.” He stuck his tongue out, running to his car. You scowled, annoyed. “Hey wait for me you douche!”

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

oh myungie. =))

hmmm byungie.

 

sorry for the late update. it was my test week last week, effort! effort!

anyway, thanks for waiting. and i'm sorry.