ALMOST

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

Night peacefully took over.

 

 

 

 

MYUNGSOO

 

 

 

I always hear the words ‘expect the unexpected’ from people. I don’t really get it. It’s like some kind of paradox, that you expect it, but it’s unexpected. But you already expect it so it makes the unexpected… expected.

Whatever, it confuses me. But they also say that you learn from experience. That must be true. Right now, I’m panicking. Why?

Infinite boys are outside my house, like hungry wolves waiting to enter a cage of poultry animals. Just when I’m trying hard to keep my housemate thing a secret, they come unexpected.

 

“Hyung! Let us in!” Sungjong whined, banging on the door. My brows furrowed as I thought of ways to shoo them away. Eunhae’s on her room, her cousins already left, but still. They might open her door and see her there.

Back and forth, left to right, I paced endlessly while the boys complained outside, getting chilled by the night. Who told them to come, anyway?

 

“Kim Myungsoo! Open the damn door!” Sunggyu hyung roared.

A sigh escaped my lips as I realized the situation. I have no other choice than to open the door when the grandpa’s angry.

 

 

“What is your problem?!” Hoya complained as he stepped in. He threw himself to the couch and just stayed there. I just ignored all their complaints and pretended to be busy upstairs.

After a few minutes, I heard Dongwoo hyung howl. “Whooo~ Lots of food! Since when did you stock your fridge, Myung?!” He hollered from downstairs, rummaging the fridge. I let out a deep sigh and just let him be.

Then another scream was heard. “Myungsoo! Since when did your house get so… squeaky clean?!” Sungyeol was the one who snickered this time. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, calming myself. These boys are too much stress.

I appeared on the staircase, showing off my glum face. “Can you please all quiet down? I’m trying to do something here.”

They didn’t even acknowledge me there and continued their chaotic way of doing things. Sunggyu hyung ang Howon were running around. Basically Howon again said something about his eyes that ticked him off. Dongwoo hyung was in his own little world there on the kitchen, eyes glistening at the food. Sungyeol and Sungjong lay flat on the floor, admiring the vacuumed carpets.

Suddenly, I heard a door creak open behind me. Quick as lightning, I turned around to see Eunhae rubbing her eyes, wearing her jammies.

“Ya, arrogant douche…” She mumbled, looking at me while yawning. I was alarmed and dashed towards her. “Don’t go ou—“

 

 

NARRATOR

 

But then you rolled your eyes at him before he could finish what he was saying. Lazily, you walked towards the stairs. Myungsoo’s eyes widened. He hurriedly grabbed your waist and dragged you inside the room.

“Ya!” You shrieked loudly. He bit his lip as he made a face, clasping your mouth shut with his big hand. “Be quiet!” He seethed.

“Myungsoo? What was that?” Both of you heard footsteps ascending the stairs, probably Sungyeol’s. Immediately, he slammed the door shut and pinned you to the door, still covering your mouth. You shut your eyes, the lack of space between you two was somehow… awkward.

However, Myungsoo was thinking of something else. He was fervently hoping Sungyeol would just shrug it off. He stayed glued there with you on the door, breathing heavily. His chest pounded with anxiety.

“If we get caught, your life is doomed.” He hissed at you, eyes glaring. You pouted, sighing. “I didn’t know!” You whispered back.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he leaned in the door to listen.

 

A soft knock on the door echoed on the room.

“Myungsoo?” Sungyeol called out. Myungsoo buried his face in his palm for a while. “Uhh.. Yeol! I’m doing something here!”

Sungyeol sniffed. “I thought I heard a girl…”

Myungsoo chuckled fakely. “Oh, must be… the television.”

Sungyeol’s brows furrowed as he stood there alone. “You’re watching something? Can’t you open the door?”

Your eyes widened, as well as Myungsoo’s. “Uh... Yeol, I’ll just fi... finish this.”

There was silence on the other side. Then Sungyeol’s low chuckle can be heard.

“I think I know what you’re watching, dude. Just… finish that business of yours.” He then burst out in a loud guffaw, his laughing slowly diminishing as he descended the stairs.

 

You suppressed your laughter as you realized what Sungyeol meant. Myungsoo turned crimson as he looked out the window.

“This is your entire fault!” He glared at your direction and raked his hair. You giggled there, despite the aching on your body. “You’re a dirty man, Kim Myungsoo.”

He rolled his eyes. “Shut up.”

 

“Are you… still sick?” He glanced at you. You were snuggling with your comforter there, letting drowsiness take you. “Hmmm don’t know..” You mumbled, eyes closed. He shrugged and leaned back on the little couch on your room, waiting for the right timing to get out. Several minutes passed, and he was already snoring at his seat.

 

Infinite tried to open the door, but it wouldn’t budge. Sungyeol again remembered and was again caught in his laughing fit. “He’s tired. Let’s just go.”

The boys shrugged and exited the house as if it’s their own.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

short update before i drown myself with physics and english.

 anyway, :) i updated!lol well, they say, when there's a will... i don't know what comes next.kekke

anyway, thanks for subbing! comment!hihi i love reading your opinions.

oh, now i remember what comes next. if there's a will, there's a way! right? sorry i'm weird like that :D

xoxox, redforever