Finally

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Your body slowly collapsed on the floor, your back leaning on the door you just had shut. It was no use keeping all the tears in anymore, for they streamed down your face endlessly.

“I hate them both!” You screamed, burying your face in your palms.

The light knocking on your door made you jerk.

 

Myungsoo stood unmoving outside your door. His heart felt heavy, burdened. He felt like Atlas, carrying the world on his shoulders. He wanted to scream, to rake his hair endlessly. For some reason, he was beyond vexed. He was outraged.

Not by any other person, but by his won self.

He hated the fact that he made you angry.

He didn’t know what to do. Who to believe. What to believe.

His mind tells him to just walk away. Just stay out of business, ignore the situation. The Kim Myungsoo he’s accustomed to would not even care.

But it’s different.

He couldn’t walk away, he was glued. And his hands itched, he wanted to break the damn door and get to you.

There was a fight going on inside him, something he couldn’t win, and is willing to lose. Because losing this fight, meant winning.

He didn’t care, he was not that Kim Myungsoo before.

And once and for all, he admitted what he felt deep inside his heart.

 

Yet he was afraid.

 

 

 

 

You sat sat there motionless, waiting for some voice to follow the knock. And you best know who you wanted that voice to be.

But seconds passed. Every tick of the clock seemed to make time expand more. And it was crucially painful, waiting for something, expecting something and on the verge of breaking down.

Still you held tightly to that thin string.

Your can perfectly hear the low breaths on the other side of the door.

Maybe…

But just maybe.

Harsh as it is, your practicality slapped you, waking you up from fantasy. It bitterly opened your eyes. *He’s not going to apologize or do something.* It whispered, sending shivers down your spine, and that stabbing pain down yor heart.

“I don’t even have to feel this way.” You mumbled, hearing footsteps walk away from the other side.

 

There are feelings people couldn’t easily admit. And as of now, that fact build a wall between your feelings, and your stubborn self.

But Myungsoo, he had already crossed the line. He broke that wall. But still, another wall sprouted. Some wall between his feelings, and his courage.

 

 

MONDAY

 

Your POV

 

I flutter my lids slowly, fighting its almost unbearable weight. If only these eyes could stay forver shut, but I have to face reality. The irrevocable reality constantly haunts me. Darn yesterday.

And curse these puffy red eyes.

 

Usually, good weather brightens me up. Eager, I hurriedly pushed my curtains to the side. But instead, a gloomy view greeted me.

Rain? Oh no. No. No.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo paced back and forth just before the main door of the house.

“Oppa~ You’re going to school now? But it’s raining…” She caressed his cheek, but Myungsoo quickly swatted her hand away. She gasped, taken aback.

Myungsoo sighed. “Just… just don’t do that.”

Harang pouted. “You used to allow—“

“Not now, Harang. Please.” He looked away, brows furrowed.

 

You doubled your steps, stuffing different things in your backpack. Due to your natural clumsiness, your foot had missed the last stair.

A light squeal escaped your lips. Your eyes closed, waiting for the soon impact.

“Clumsy.” Myungsoo muttered. You quickly opened your eyes, meeting his gaze. His hands were tightly secured on your waist.

Without any due, you pulled away, clearing your throat.

He looked away, biting his lip. It wasn’t easy for him to get used to what he just discovered within himself.

“Next time, don’t save me or something. I’d rather be clumsy than saved by you.” You spat out, anger rising up your system. The events of yesterday replayed endlessly on your mind.

Myungsoo’s head snapped up. “Park Eua—“

But it was too late. You were already running out the house, your book protectively covering your head from the droplets.

It was the only thing Myungsoo could do.

He closed his eyes briefly, heaving a very deep sigh.

 

 

When you stepped in the school gates, something weird was going on. It needed not to be observed, it was pretty clear. The atmosphere seemed buzzed in a different way, complimenting the loomy weather.

“That girl~ She’s the one.” A girl whispered to her friend as you passed by.

“What did he see in her?” Another one snickered.

You looked around, flinching from the stares people were giving you. Your hands trembled, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

“Eunhae!” Jaehee hollered, getting your attention.

Her eyes were wide, and she was grinning from ear to ear.

You jerked you head to her direction, grateful someone you know could explain what was happening. Quickly, you ran to her side.

She attacked you with a hug. “That was so cuuuute!”

“What?” You choked.

She giggled and pulled you to the school’s lobby. People crowded over the school’s news board. But upon your arrival, they immediately made way.

You looked at them weirdly. *Do I have dirt on my face? Do I smell bad?*

The tugging on your arm got you back on track. Jahee held your wrist as she pulled you further. “See!” She squeaked, stopping in front of the photo column.

“Wha—“

And with that, you stopped short, eyes bulging out with the photo just in front of your eyes.

 

 

Myungsoo’s ears perked up with what he heard in the hallways. His friends trailed behind him as he stalked the long path, his jaw clenched and his fist balled.

He was wearing his fiercest glare that scared off everybody on his way, immediately scrambling aside. Myungsoo gritted his teeth with extreme anger. He never thought that this scenario would greet him early in the morning when he was already bombarded with problems. He hated that fact that this was another one. And to think of, it ticked him off too much. He despised t om much, so much that he was on the verge of losing his cool.

His friends, perfectly aware of his wrath, kept distance.

 

His eyes widened when he saw the actual photo.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” He hissed, tightly gripping your wrist. You trned to look at him, astonished. “I don’t know how tha—“

He didn’t even bother to let you finish. Myungsoo dragged you away from the crowd, with people’s eyes following the two of you. His grip on you was tight, and you complained. Yet, he continued what he was doing.

Both of you reached a hallway. He immediately let go, turning you to face him.

His expression made you gulp.

“How can you be so careless?!” He ran his fingers through his hair, his forehead creased. You exhaled, annoyed. “I don’t know how that came up there!”

“The point is, you have a picture spreading around with a boy kissing you!” He half-screamed. You backed away, now also vexed with his sudden outburst.

“It was on the forehead! And he did it all of a sudden, I didn’t even know then the next thing he did it!” You retorted.

Myungsoo looked away, deeply taking in breaths. “You’re so careless.”

You let out a frustrated sigh. “Careless? How could I know? Wait—Why do you even care?!”

He looked at the floor, avoiding your gaze. “Because… because… it annoys me!”

You scoffed. “So everything about me annoys you now? Now you think you have a say on everything?!”

“No!” He flung his hands up, his face painted with extreme irritation that it surprised you. Myungsoo looked terribly scary, and it sent shivers down your spine. Your lips quivered. “M….Myungsoo…”

“I don’t think that way, Eunhae! I don’t!” He breathed out, almost trailing off. His hands fell limp on his sides, as he looked at you with eyes filled with emotion. You stepped closer to him, biting your lip. “Myungsooo…”

“And I don’t understand myself anymore! I think I’m going crazy! I told you, don’t do careless things, but look! Look what you did! I told you to just dump him!”

Your head snapped up. “Why do you even care?!”

“You told me you were confused with him, and now, this?! That picture?! Now it looks like you’re with him!” He snarled, spitefully spatting out the last pronoun. Your brows furrowed, as your anger again rose within you.

“Why?! Is it so wrong to be with him?!” You shouted back, fists curled.

Myungsoo hissed. “Yes it is! I don’t want you to be with him!”

“Wha—Why?!”

“Because I want you to be with me!”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

:">