Miss Brat, Mister Arrogant

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Chanyeol waited outside the school gates, leaning on his car. You smiled as you jogged to his place. “You came!” You shrieked, enveloping him in your arms. Chanyeol gladly hugged you back. “Let’s go!” He laughed as both of you slipped in.

“Finally! I’m starving!” You declared.

“You wanna eat?” He asked.

You face-palmed yourself with what he asked. “No, Oppa. I’m starving but I’m not going to eat. I'm going to let myself die.” You replied sarcastically. He just smiled and ruffled your hair. “You and your sarcasm.” He mumbled.

 

“You remember Lay?” He asked; his eyes on the road. You pursed your lips as you thought. “Yi Xing Oppa?”

Yeol nodded. “Yup! He’s the friend I brought over to Cali last last year.”

You smiled as you remembered. “Are we meeting him?”

“Yeah… we’ll eat with him.” He nodded nonchalantly as he drove. You smiled on your seat, remembering Lay. He was one of those people you could relate with.

 

Myungsoo yawned as he entered the café. His friends chatted animatedly behind him. Girls swooned over them as they stepped in.

“We’ll have the usual.” Sunggyu told the waiter as the guys already made themselves comfortable on the seats.

“Yah, Myung! Let’s chill on your house later!” Hoya chirped. Myungsoo frowned in an instant. “No.”

“But why?” Sungyeol whined, throwing off his cool image. The other guys looked at Myungsoo with puppy eyes. The girls squealed at the corner; it must be their lucky day.

“I’m tired. I want to rest.” He simply replied and looked at the guys intently, silencing them. The power of his eyes, really.

 

 

“Fooooooood!” You bounced inside the café with your loud voice, clinging on to Chanyeol’s arm. Heads turned to your direction in an instant. Chanyeol face-palmed himself, embarrassed. You sheepishly smiled at the people and realized your mistake. Lay laughed at the corner and waved. Immediately, you jogged towards him, smiling.

 

Sungyeol chuckled with what he saw. “She’s cute.” Hoya nodded as he looked at you. “Yeah, she looks so… innocent.” The other guys agreed, except for Myungsoo who was slowly dozing off on the table.

“Ya!” Sunggyu hit him at his back.

He jolted up and looked from left to right. “What the fudge, Hyung?!” He screeched. The boys laughed at his reaction as he scrunched his nose and cursed under his breath. He looked around, his eyes landing at a certain person; you.

*That girl again?* He groaned inwardly.

 

“Lay Oppa, I missed you!” You beamed. Lay chuckled and pulled you into a hug. Chanyeol just sat down, looking through the menu.

“You’ve grown.” Lay said as the both of you took your seats. Myungsoo’s brow raised with what he saw. *Another… boy?*

He watched as you animatedly talked and talked. The boys laughed and nodded at the things you said. It was like you were too hyped.

“She’s… confusing.” He mumbled, remembering your cold demeanor towards him. Now that he’s seeing you so jolly, it jumbles his mind. “Aish, whatever.” He shook his head and leaned back on his seat, ready to float back in his own weird world.

 

 

 

 

 

Night slowly approached. Time flew by quickly and you finished all your classes. Still, you had to stay to look through the different school organizations that you wanted to join. Because of your interest in music and dance, you were already eyeing the dance crew or glee club.

Students slowly diminished in number and the campus was getting peaceful every moment.

“Hi!” A girl beamed beside you.

You looked at her, not knowing what to say. “H..Hello.”

She giggled, extending her hand. “I’m Jaehee, president of the dance crew. I can see that you’re interested in joining?” She beamed. You reluctantly nodded. “Uh… well, yeah.”

“You’re new here, eh?”

You smiled as she got the point. “Yup. I’m from California.”

formed an ‘o’ as she nodded. “New kid on the block!” She laughed, and you couldn’t help but laugh with her too. She’s so friendly and pretty.

For a few minutes the two of you chatted about random things. She was someone you could just easily talk to. But then something popped out your mind and you just decided to ask her since she’s been studying in Seoul University.

“Uh, Jaehee-sshi. Can I ask you something?” You shyly asked. She lightly slapped your shoulder. “Of course, no need to be shy!”

You smiled genuinely at her. “What’s… Infinite?”

“You mean who.” She corrected, chuckling. “You heard it from fan girls, huh?” You simply nodded. She smiled, continuing. “They’re a group of boys, seven in particular. I don’t know, but girls just love their charms and looks.”

You ‘oohed’ ast what she explained. “Those wild girls…” You muttered. Jaehee laughed. “I know, they’re pretty desperate.”

 

 

Past 8pm and you arrived at your new home. The night was a little gloomy since only few stars showed up in the sky. Yet you were smiling since you made a new friend. You had a few trustworthy friends in California, and it pained you to leave them. Now, you’re looking forward to meeting new people. It just opened your views.

Skipping at the porch steps, you lightly stumbled.

"Ow." You winced as you tried to get up.

The main door opened wide, revealing Myungsoo.

He smirked seeing you trying to get up. “You’re pretty clumsy.” He commented as he left the door open and went inside. Your brows furrowed. *What’s up with that dude?*

As you stepped inside, you spotted him lounging on the couch, munching on chips. He didn’t spare you a glance and busied himself with the television.

Your stomach grumbled as you removed your shoes. Seems like your body’s craving again. With quick steps, you dashed upstairs to change and went back down again to check the kitchen.

The contents of the refrigerator disappointed you. A half-empty carton of milk,  a half-eaten cake, a few jars of cheese, nutella and mayo but no presence of bread.

You just had to go to your last choice: eat out.

 

After dressing up in comfortable clothes and sneakers, you walked outside, detesting your grumbling stomach. Myungsoo glanced at you and his brows furrowed.

“Going somewhere?” He asked. You didn’t bother answer his question directly. “I’m starving.” You said instead. He just shrugged. “I didn’t ask if you’re starving. Pabo.”

You glared at him and stuck out your tongue. “Mean guy.”

 

Just as you were about to open the door, it burst open, revealing a man in his mid-forties. “You must be Eunhae?” He smiled. You stepped back, but nodded.

Myungsoo stood up hearing his father’s voice. “Abbeoji..., you came.”

Mr. Kim nodded at his son and turned back his attention to you. “I’m your Dad’s childhood friend, Kim Myungbak.” You ‘oohed’, remembering his name from your father’s stories. “I’ve heard about you. Good Evening, Uncle.” You bowed. He chuckled and patted your back.

“So… is my son treating you well?” He asked, eyes expectant. You looked at Myungsoo who was trying to tell you something with his eyes. At that question, the word arrogant was the only thing you could think of. You smirked at Myungsoo before answering.

“Actually, he’s so—“

“We’re supposed to eat out, Dad. Eunhae here is starving, and I offered to treat her to dinner.”

Mr. Kim smiled widely. “Really? Oh, you guys should get going. I don’t want to starve Eunhae.”

You glared at Myungsoo but he was just smiling at his Dad.

 

Few minutes later you were already sitting with Myungsoo in the car, while he drove silently. The silence was killing you, especially when you’re fuming over him. You squirmed on your seat, uncomfortable.

“I did you  favor.” He started, voice monotonous. You scoffed. “Favor? You big fat liar.”

He said nothing with your insult. He just glanced at you and smirked. “At least you have a free ride. With me.”

You scrunched your nose with his arrogant remark. “I don’t care about the ride. Now you have to treat me to dinner.” You smiled slyly. He rolled his eyes. “No way, Miss Brat.”

“You told your Dad you would treat me dinner, Mister Arrogant.”

He chuckled. “You want to be treated by Kim Myungsoo? You’re ambitious, you know that?”

“You’re a douche, you know that?” You mumbled, low enough for yourself. Unfortunately, you were caught. “I heard that.” He replied.

You sank on your seat, with your stomach grumbling.

Myungsoo was snickering at you. "You're lucky to ride in my car. Thousands of girls would die for your position right now." 

You sneered. "They're stupid then."

 

 

Then you remembered something. Soemthing you heard from the squealing girls’ chatters this morning. *Kim Myungsoo?* You thought.

Myungsoo was looking straight at the road. But deep inside, he was itching to ask your relation with the two guys he saw with you. *Of course it's my house too, and he brought one of those guys there! Who knows what they did there.. Oh, my precious home.*

He was curious too, when in fact he shouldn’t care. He blamed his stupid brain for even wondering. 

 

 

“Can I ask you something?” Both of you blurted out at the same time.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

Oh Myungsoo. :>