Start

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

There’s a feeling that all comes to us when we like the situation. We feel good, like the air is all made up of positive aura and vibes. Our hearts flutter, our lips tug into smiles. It’s nature that makes us happy. We all come to this point in life. Some even often.

 

Myungsoo hesitated, again biting his poor lip. He looked at your hand lying beside him, and there was this urge to touch it. To feel its warmth.

Slowly, he reached for it, holding his breath.

Finally, his fingers met yours, and he slowly intertwined it, giving it a warm squeeze. A smile tugged on his lips, as the pounding of his heart grew.

But there you were, asleep.

He looked at your side profile, admiring the soft features before his eyes. His eyes landed on your lips, and quickly he looked away. Electricity, electricity, electricity.

“This is really weird…” He mumbled, slowly getting up and slipping you in his arms. He chuckled at your light weight and walked carefully out the building.

*But I like it.* He smiled to himself, oblivious to the people buzzing around him.

Little did he know, someone was looking from afar, and instead of hurting, he remained calm. *Maybe someone cares for you more than I do.*

 

 

“Dude what happened?” Sungyeol rushed to the passenger’s seat and opened the door. Myungsoo carefully buckled you in and face his friend. “I don’t know.”

“Did fangirls… attack her? Or bully her?” Dongwoo worriedly looked over the window to examine your state. Myungsoo patted him lightly on the back. “I gues not. She fell asleep, that’s all.”

“But her face looks… blotchy. She cried.” Sungjong muttered. Myungsoo sighed. “I’m taking her home, guys.”

“Yeah, you do that. We’ll deal with the gossip.” Sunggyu waved dismissively. Myungsoo nodded to his friends before slipping on and driving away.

Hoya whistled as soon as the car was gone. “Did you see that?”

“See what?” Woohyun asked.

“Him. Our friend.”

Sungyeol smiled. “Yeah, it’s undeniable.”

 

 

Myungsoo gave you one last glance before he turned around to exit your room. But before his steps could reach the door, he stopped.

“Myungsoo?” You sat up, rubbing your eyes. You were tucked on your bed, covering yourself with the thick comforter.

Myungsoo slowly faced you, his eyes faltering to your thick swollen eyes.

“Did those girls hurt you?” He hissed, his eyes sharpening. Your brows furrowed, eyeing him with confusion. “What?”

“Don’t play martyr on me, Park Eunhae. Did those fangirls hurt you in any way?” He neared you with heavy steps, his stare strong that it made you flinch. Instinctively, you moved to the other side of the bed with your hands clutching the comforter tightly.

Your lips quivered as you spoke. “M…Myungsoo what… what are you saying?”

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, calming himself. “I’m gonna find out who spread it.”

“Spread what?” You squeaked.

Myungsoo’s eyes darted to you, his brow raised. “About… Wait—You don’t know?”

You looked at him, blinking innocently. “Know what?”

“Then why were you crying?” He spat out. You looked down, turning crimson as you bit your lip. You could remember how Myungsoo wiped your tears a while ago, and it sent shivers down your spine along with the different pounding of your heart.

“I had a fight… with L.joe. Myung, I’m so sorry, I really don’t know. But he kind of… heard us..” You stuttered, looking away. Myungsoo sat beside you on the bed and turned you to face him. “Heard what?”

“He heard that we lived together and… there.”

You shut your eyes, trembling under his grip on yor shoulders. You were waiting for the outburst to come. But instead, Myungsoo’s grip on you loosened.

“He… knew?”

You opened your eyes and nodded. Myungsoo’s jaw clenched. “He knew.” He repeated, seething the words between gritted teeth.

“Myung..”

“Darn it! That’s why the school knows!”

“The school knows?” You gasped. Myungsoo looked at you with an angered expression. “Yes, and now I know who spread it!”

He trudged to the door with balled fists. You immediately ran to him and held his wrist. “He wouldn’t do that, Myung.”

“Then who else did?”

“I… I don’t know.” You mumbled.

Myungsoo chuckled bitterly and pried your hands off.

 

 

 

The house felt empty, even if the both of you were in it. Myungsoo locked himself in his room, refusing to talk. You sat on the living room couch, curled on your knees, resting your chin on it. You were gritting you teeth, geeting indulged on your thoughts.

Your thoughts were interrupted with the knocking on the door.

“Yes?” You lightly staggered, looking at the person standing right before you.

He looked at you with something burning on his eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“Byungie… you… didn’t do it, right?” You squeaked, holding your breath. He bit his lip, shaking his head. “No.”

You felt relief wash over you. “I knew you wouldn’t…”

“A student heard us talking this morning.” He mumbled, eyes apologetic. His sight landed on your swollen eyes and it stabbed him, again. “I’m sorry if I got angry. I’m…”

“No, I’m sorry for not telling you.”

“You were right, it’s not just your secret to hide too. It’s his too.” He replied. You opened your mouth,but no words came out.

L.joe smiled lightly. “That’s all I wanted to tell you. Take care.”

You nodded, reluctant.

“B..Bye Byungie.”

L.joe walked away, looking at nowhere in particular. He knows for a reason that’s he's not the only one who cares for you.

 

 

“Myungsoo, open the door!” You banged loudly, yet he was still holding on to his anger. You let out a frustrated sigh and banged the door again. “Myungsoo!”

“What?!” He snapped, his face irritated. You looked down, avoiding his gaze. “He… He didn’t spread it.”

Myungsoo smiled darkly. “Oh yeah?”

“A… A student heard us argue this morning. I’m sorry, this is my entire fault. If you want… I could…”

“What?”

“I could just… move schools?”

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed. “Are you crazy?”

“What?”

“You don’t have to move schools; you’ll have to deal with it.” He smirked. You looked up, confused. “What about your image?”

“I’m fine. But you… I don’t know.”

You felt fear wash over you. “F..Fangirls?”

“Apparently your housemate is so handsome his fans would kill anyone that lays a finger on him.” He whispered. You moved a step away, shaking. “I won’t even near you. I won’t even talk to you or look at you in schoo—“

“You don’t have to do that.” He cut you off, his stare intense. He moved a step closer, and you moved back. Myungsoo chuckled. Again, he moved a big step towards you. You started to inch away, but you back met the wall. *Darn.* You mentally cursed.

Myungsoo smiled, closing the space between the both of you.

You closed your eyes, heart pounding fast.

“Then I’ll just… prove to the school it’s not true.” You stammered.

Myungsoo’s lip tugged into an amused smile. “But it is true.”

“I… I will…” You stared, avoiding his gaze.

He lifted your chin and looked at you straight in the soul. “You don’t have to do anything.” He whispered. You gulped, not responding.

He pulled away and entered his room, closing the door slightly so that his face was the only thing you could see.

“I’ll protect you, brat.” He winked, and the door slammed close.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

again, an update! Merry Christmas guys! <3

'tis the season to be giving, 'tis the season to receive~

Merry Christmas! Let's all be happy and breathe in the Christmas Spirit! ;)