Unexpected

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

The next Monday, you arrived quite early for school.

That was when you concluded that early mornings in Seoul Universuty was quite astonishing. It was rather peaceful, serene and quiet. Unlike the usual chaos on the hallways, boys randomly doing their pranks here and there, the chit-chatting of different students, the random jam sessions of the musicians anywhere and of course, the endless squealing of fangirls here and there. They narked you, and not having them for just a while was a happy thought.

Carefully, you leaned your head against the desk, closing your eyes. Maybe a little nap would do, just this time. Sleeping, since you were young, has been your little form of escapism.

When you woke up, some students were already flocking the room. As usual, you stayed glued to your seat, not wanting to be involved in any of the small groups. You chose to be alone than to force yourself to socialize with people that didn't even try to reach out to you.

“Guess sleeping dude influenced you?” L.joe chuckle from behind. You slowly faced him and smiled. “Yeah, yeah…” A yawn suddenly escaped your lips. 

He squinted his eyes, looking at you intently. “Your eyebags...”

You unconsciously touched the spaces under your eyes, sighing. “Well, slept late on the weekends.” You mumbled, pouting. L.joe was surprised with himself. Usually, he would not start conversations, and yet he was doing it.

“Ah, you must be sleepy, continue your sweet shut-eye there.” He scoffed and looked away. You giggled at his direction and leaned back on your table, resting your head against the cold desk. “Hmmm.” You shut your eyes and slowly fell in deep slumber.

 

“Lee Byunghyun! Park Eunhae!”

The professor roared, this time, fuming not only over L.joe, but also you. You jolted up your seat, looking from left to right. The students murmured and chuckled at you. L.joe was still deep asleep. You poked him with your pen and he also woke up.

“You two! How dare you sleep in my class?!”

You smiled sheepishly at the professor. L.joe yawned loudly which irked the professor more. You shot him a glare and stuttered. " We... we're so sorry, Professor.”

He grunted at you and glared at L.joe. “You, young man! Meet me at my office at lunch!”

He was about to get back to lesson when he turned back again, looking at you. “And you! Don’t you dare sleep in class again, get me?!”

You nodded diligently, scrambling on your bag to get your binder and pen. L.joe was chuckling lowly behind you. “Guess we’re sleeping buddies now.” He muttered. You shot him a grin before looking back in front, suppressing your laughter.

 

 

“So… you’re heading to professor’s?” You started, packing up your things. L.joe nodded glumly as he sat on his desk, blinking. “Oh right. Sheez, that old man.”

You snickered at his direction. “Go. Before he kills you.”

He shook his head fervently. “It’s good to be late, you know.” He winked. You socked his arm as you laughed. “You’re really bad.”

“And you’re not?” He teased, looking at you mockingly. “You were sleeping in class a while ago…” He added, brows wiggling. You looked away, rolling your eyes. “At least I don’t do it every day.”

You slung your bag on your shoulder and exhaled. “So, see you tomorrow sleeping dude!” You turned around but faced him again. He seemed taken aback, looking at you. “I mean, sleeping buddy.” You winked before stalking off the room.

L.joe chuckled to himself as soon as you got out. "Park Eunhae..."

 

 

You strolled on the campus walkways, looking around. From afar, Jaehee spotted you and she quickly caught up with you. “Eunhae!” She called out, running towards you.

You stopped, looking at her direction. She waved and stopped running beside you, panting. You smiled at her genuinely. “Oh, hi Jaehee-sshi!”

She rolled her eyes. “No need to be formal. Just Jaehee, arasso?”

You giggled and nodded. She regained her composure and started. “So… wanna eat with me and my friends?”

You hesitated for a while, getting all shy. She noticed you biting your lip and she smiled pretty big, persuading you. “Oh, come on! They’re not going to eat you!”

After her successful convincing words, you walked with her towards the cafeteria. She was talking endlessly about how she hated Mondays and such. You just nodded at everything she said. Your stomach was churning for some unknown reason, and your legs felt weak.

“Hey, are you even listening?” She chided. You nodded weakly with a smile. She seemed to notice and held your elbow carefully. “Eunhae… are you okay?”

You closed your eyes and looked at her, lips slightly curved into a smile. “Yea, just a little… tired? Maybe I need food.”

She nodded and pulled you with her to the cafeteria.

All the way your body felt strange, specifically the insides, but you decided to just ignore it.

 

 

“Wow, it’s my first time eating here.” You commented, slowly munching on an apple. Jaehee poked your forehead. “You study here yet you eat out?”

You sheepishly laughed. “Well…”

“So what’s your major, Eunhae-sshi?” One of Jaehee’s friends, a tall guy with a buff structure asked. You looked up at him and smiled. “I’m a business major.”

He ‘oohed’ at you answer and went back to devouring his lunch. Jaehee animatedly talked and talked with her friends and you smiled at the scene. They were great people, even letting you join them for lunch.

 

“Ahhhhh! Infinite Oppas!” The girls squealed again. You sighed, getting used to the squealing now. The seven boys entered and took their seats at the corner. Myungsoo was, as always, cold and quiet at the corner. He scanned the room and met gazes with you.

Your lips twitched at his direction. He smirked; his signature expression that annoys the hell out of you.

“Brat.” He mouthed. You rolled your eyes at him and diverted your attention to food.

 

“I’m just going to get another bottle of water.” You excused yourself, lining up to the drinks station. Woohyun, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were also lining up, just to your stupid luck.

*Just my luck.* You thought, lining up with a smug expression. You were hoping they woudn’t recognize you.

“Eunhae-shhi!” Woohyun chimed.

You face-palmed yourself inwardly. “Hello.” You shyly replied. Myungsoo and Sungyeol looked at you too. Myungsoo was again, wearing his favorite arrogant face while Sungyeol cheekily smiled.

“What are you getting?” Sungyeol asked.

“Water…”

He nodded. “I’m getting that too, mind if I treat you water?” He chuckled.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “That’s pretty lame, Sungyeol.”

The two bickered endlessly on the line. You tried to smile at them, chukling at their childishness. You closed your eyes every now and then, the churning on your stomach now pretty unavoidable. Your head was hammering, and your body felt weak.

“Right, Eunhae?” Woohyun chirped beside you. You looked up at him, missing the conversation. “Eh?”

Woohyun laughed and ruffled your hair. “You’re so cute.”

You chuckled weakly. 

Myungsoo looked at you pale face and he pursed his lips.

Woohyun went back to bickering with Sungyeol, who was also answering back. The two guys were busy and engrossed with their own useless arguments. Myungsoo looked at you and whispered, careful not to be noticed by others. “Ya, are you… okay?”

You nodded at him and held on the metal railings that separated the line. He examined your body and saw your knees wobbling. “You sure, brat?” He asked again. You were too tired to reply back at him and just gave him a weak nod.

Just then, you knees staggered. He swiftly caught your elbow as his eyes rounded. “You’re not.” He hissed.

Woohyun and Sungyeol stopped talking and looked at you. Their eyes landed at Myungsoo’s grip on you.

“What happened?” Sungyeol asked.

“She’s sick.” Myungsoo muttered, unable to get his grip on you. He was already supporting your weight just with his hold. You protested weakly, trying to pry his hands off. Myungsoo was  a bitmiffed with your protest, because he was being good.

You blinked and inhaled heavily before reassuring them. “I’m okay, rea—“

 

That was when you collapsed.

Woohyun’s eyes widened. “Let’s get her to the clinic!” He panicked. Sungyeol jogged to your side and expertly carried you towards the clinic. Myungsoo stood there, blinking to himself. “D…did she just… collapse?”

Sungjong hit his shoulder, causing him to wake up from his thoughts. “Are you going to the clinic with us or what?” Sunggyu hollered, running. He shook his head and ran towards the clinic too. *The brat gets sick too?* He thought.

 

“She has the flu.” The nurse stated, checking on papers. Jaehee nodded beside your bed. Infinite already went to their own classes.

“So… she’s staying here?” She asked. The nurse pursed her lips. “If she can get home, that’s good..”

Jaehee’s brows furrowed. “But I don’t know her house.” She mumbled, looking at our pale face. She excused herself and went out the clinic.

“She needs to go home, but I don’t know her address.” She sighed, talking to one of her friends. Her friend her chin. “The school has a directory of relatives or guardians, right? Let’s check their and we can call her guardian or something... Ah! They also have the list of addresses. Maybe we can send her home ourselves.”

“Yeah that’s a good idea. I tried to find her phone but I can’t seem to locate where it is.” Jaehee sighed.

Both girls walked towards the office. Myungsoo was leaning on the wall listening. He had no class, actually, and he was lurking around.

“So they’re sending her home…” He muttered.

*Then they’ll find out I live with her!* He jolted up, eyes wide. “Aish! This girl really is trouble!” He messed his hair, looking around. He was already stressing too much on keeping the 'housemate' thing.

 

Sneakily, he entered the clinic.

“Miss.” He called the nurse, who looked at him instantly. “May I help you, Myungsoo-sshi?” She smiled sweetly at him. Myungsoo bit his lip as he tried to organize the words on his jumbled mind. “I… I know where she lives.” He stuttered, pointing to you there on the bed.

 

Myungsoo hid on the school’s high walls as he tried to find an easier way to get to his car. You were unconscious in his arms, your lids tightly shut.

He cursed, seeing no other way. With one last glimpse, he closed his eyes for a moment and ran towards his car, your arms falling limp to the sides. As soon as he unlocked his car, he gently placed you on the passenger’s seat and clasped the seatbelt. He hurriedly ran to the other side of the car and slipped in too, quickly driving away.

“Trouble.” He seethed as he drove like a madman towards home. He glanced at you for a moment and he let out a frustrated sigh.

 

As soon as he parked outside the house, he hurriedly got out to carry you again inside. He was staggering a bit, and endless sighs escaped his lips.

“There you go, Miss Brat.” He breathed out, laying you on your bed. As if on cue, you snuggled on the nearest pillow. Myungsoo snickered at that. He looked around the room, and found your cellphone at the desk.

“What a stupid girl.” He muttered.

 

His eyes scanned the room again, and he chuckled at the plushies at the corner and the box of sweets. “Still a kid, really.” He shook his head and headed for the door.

He stopped abrupty when he heard your faint voice. “Oppa…”

In an instant, he his heel. For a moment he thought you called him Oppa, and that took him by surprise. But the truth was, you were just murmuring in your sleep.

“…Oppa…” You lowly cried squirming in the bed. He tilted his head to the side, slowly approaching you. He was examining your face with his fiery eyes.

“Yoochun Oppa…” You deeply sighed and scrunched your nose. Cold sweat trickled down your forehead.

*Eottokhe?* Myungsoo looked around, confused on what he should do. You continued gasping there, uneasy. *I'm not a damn nurse!*

He stepped away from you, but he felt your hand tug on his sleeve. “Oppa, it hurts..” You mumbled, your hands weakly tugging on his sleeve. Myungsoo gently placed your hand back, and his forehead creased. *Dammit! I don't know what to do!*

“What am I supposed to do?” He whined. He didn’t know what to do in situations like this. Just like a shining light from heaven, he spotted your phone on the desk and his eyes rounded.

 “Her cousins!” He gasped lightly, running to grab the phone.

 

An hour later, Chanyeol and Seohyun arrived. As if its his house, Chanyeol barged in the main door as his eyes looked around, worry evident on it.

“She’s upstairs…” Myungsoo bit his lip as he pointed upstairs. Without any further due, Chanyeol sprinted towards your room. Seohyun smiled a little at Myungsoo before following his cousin. “Thanks for telling us.”

Myungsoo blew a raspberry as he leaned on the wall. “Aish, that girl. He made me… skip class.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol touched your burning forehead. He was a bit stunned that a cold towel was already placed on your forehead. Medicine was already spread on the table, as well as a pitcher of water. His brows furrowed. The bed was set comfortably, and the room temperature was set to normal.

*Did… her housemate do all this?*

 

 

 

_________________________________________________-

hehehhe. guys, i have school >_<

so i can update once a day. :)

worse, it's my test week. but don't worry, i can manage. hihi

well, leave your comments! thanks for subbing! xoxox, redforever