Friend

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

 

“KIM MYUNGSOOOOOO!”

Myungsoo stirred in his sleep, but that was it. Your nose flared, arms crossed. He was such a hard sleeper.

*Aish this guy!* You ruffled your hair, annoyed. Myungsoo just slept so soundly there while you were dying to wake him up.

Slowly, you leaned closer to him to wake him up the other way. You had no choice too. With an arm on the couch’s armrest, your other arm was reaching to his head, ready to bop it.

But before you could actually touch him, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you, making you sit on his lap on the single couch. Your eyes widened in response. Myungsoo’s breathing was gentle on your ear.

“What were you trying to do?” He whispered. You froze on your seat, well his lap, alarmed. “I…I was trying to wake… you up.”

Myungsoo tightened his grip on your wrist. “Why are you so tense, Eunhae?”

You gulped. “Because… I’m sitting on your lap?”

You could hear his low chuckle. You tried to get up, but this time he held your waist. “Myungsoo! I’m late!” You protested. He didn’t budge though. “Me too.”

It was getting really awkwrd sitting there on his lap, while his arms wer gripping your waist. You cleared your throat, but he didn't respond. Instead, he snored lightly.

“L..let go!”

He didn’t answer.

“Kim Myungsoo! Let go!”

Slowly he let you go and lightly pushed you off his lap. You staggered, regaining composure. “You know, you didn’t have to push me.”

Myungsoo stretched his arms and yawned. “I wanted to.”

 

 

 

After moments of endless bickering, you decided to just give it up. The stupid arrogant dude had a sly grin on his face as he exited your room. Time was running and you quickly prepared yourself for school.

“That arrogant dude. Screw him.” You muttered, scrambling around the bathroom to dress yourself up. After drying your hair and finally finishing preparing your stuff, you hurriedly exited the house and hailed a cab.

 

“You’re late today, sleeping buddy.” L.joe whispered from behind, as you sneaked in the class, unnoticed by the teacher who was busy writing something.

You shot him a look. “Bad morning.”

L.joe’s eyebrows arched. “Heard you fainted yesterday?”

You glumly nodded your head and blew a raspberry. He nodded and examined your eyes. “Well… that’s... sad.”

L.joe was feeling weird that he was actually starting a conversation with a girl. To be exact, he was the cool cold guy in school. Talk to him and he’ll just nod. His eyebrows furrowed as he thought deeply, looking at your back.

*Well, she’s different.* He nodded to himself as he relaxed back in his seat.

 

“Class dismissed.”

All the students stood as fast as rocket ships and in a matter of seconds, the room was empty.

You stretched you arms and sulked in your seat. L.joe hopped up your desk, his legs swinging and dangling in the air. You looked at him quizically, slouching.

“You look like the world’s going to end.” He chuckled, looking at you with his small eyes. You shrugged nonchalantly and stood up. “Just annoyed with someone.” You muttered.

L.joe raised one brow. “Do you… want to eat something? I mean, when I'm down food makes me happy..”

The word 'eat' and 'food' caught your attention instantly. Instinctively, you your heel to face him. You shot him a look, a glint of happiness in your eyes. Your lips tugged to a smile. “I want… gelato!”

L.joe rolled his eyes as he coolly and casually walked towards the door. “Let’s go then, Miss Park.”

 

“The world’s weirdest person, Kim Myungsoo!” Woohyun grinned as he spread his arms in the air as Myungsoo entered Sungyeol’s flat. As usual, no response from the arrogant king.

They were hanging out as usual, skipping classes.

Sungjong pranced around and stopped when he saw Myungsoo. “You!”

Myungsoo looked at him with those bored eyes of his. “What do you want, maknae?”

Sungjong giggled. “Why were you busy when we visited you? You didn’t even exit that room, hyung. Were you…  perhaps…”

“Sungyeol gave you that idea.” Myungsoo hissed as he face-palmed himself. “I wasn’t doing something bad.” He muttered.

*This is all because of that girl.* He thought.

 

“Wow, they do that too?” You gawked at the fangirls making banners on the school’s cafeteria. L.joe chuckled. “They’ll do anything for their Oppas, of course.” He mocked the girls’ voices which made you burst out in a guffaw. “Yeah, their Infinite Oppas.”

The two of you exited the school gates and strolled down the sidewalk.

“Do you want to walk? Or ride?”

You shrugged nonchalantly. “Anything is fine.”

“Let’s ride then.” He smirked. You raised a brow at him, sensing something with that smirk.

 

 

L.joe clasped the helmet’s lock and knocked on your glass. “You fine there?” He mouthed, smiling. You nodded, adjusting the helmet on your head. He grinned and hopped on to his big Ducati motorbike.

You stood there, fiddling with your fingers, actually uncertain of what to do.

L.joe chuckled as he saw you stalling there. He stepped down and went to your place, leveling his face with yours. “What’s up?” He chuckled as he knocked your helmet. You rolled your eyes at him.

He pulled your hand and gently lifted you up the bike. A light squeal escaped your lips, clearly taken aback. He just shot you a grin and hopped up.

You never thought riding a motorcycle would feel really refreshing. Never in your life did you even try to ride one, and now you’re regretting why you didn't try.

 

Myungsoo exited the flat, creases on his forehead. He hated the fact that the boys were teasing him, and his anger was circulating around one person… his housemate. He mindlessly kicked a pebble as he approached his car.

“Now where do I go?” He sighed, looking at the vast blue sky. His mind was basically empty, except for your face that kept on appearing like a slideshow and he hated it.

 

L.joe winced in pain as you socked his arm. “That was funnnn! Let’s do it again!”

He smiled at you jumping like a little kid who won candy. “First time really is the best, ay?”

You nodded fervently. “The best!”

 

“What flavor?” He asked.

You leaned over the different selections of gelato, your chin lightly. Everything looked good, and it seemed like you wanted everything.

“Why can’t I just have everything…” You pouted, still examining each flavor. L.joe chuckled as he looked at you engrossed in deciding. “I prefer pistachio.” He tapped his foot, impatient. You looked up with your doe eyes, innocently blinking. “It’s tasty?”

He rolled his eyes at you. “Everything is tasty, Eunhae.”

“That’s the point!” You whined, stomping your food like a kid again. That was when L.joe realized that you really were childish. He walked to your side and poked your forehead. “You’re a burden. You take so long to decide on a flavor.” He snickered.

You ignored his remark and contemplated again. “I like chocolate mint… but I think pistachio is good too… and the mango too…”

“Just get one. If you’re not satisfied, get one again later.” He blew a raspberry.

Your eyes glistened as you looked at him. “Chocolate mint then.”

“Took you long enough.” He muttered as he walked to the counter.

 

After getting the sweet cold treats, both of you walked around a nearby park, just stalling time.

“Korea’s nice.” You commented, looking around. L.joe stuck a spoon on his mouth as he nodded. “Of course.”

“But I still miss the sun. and the bikinis. And the beach.” You sighed, poking the gelato with your spoon. L.joe stopped walking and looked at you. “So you’e telling me you’re one of those California girls?” He scoffed.

You twitched your lip at him. “Not really.”

“But you’re not tan…”

“I have abnormal skin.” You giggled, spotting a bench. “I think that bench is calling me.” You pranced towards the bench and eagerly sat on it. “Hmmmm.” You stuck your spoon on your lips, closing your eyes as light wind pleasantly hit your face.

L.joe sighed and sat few inches beside you.

“So… what exactly are you, Lee Byunghyun?” You started, observing the little children play on the small swings. L.joe glanced at you as his lips tugged on a smirk. “A human being. One of the rarest perfect human beings.” He chuckled.

You rolled your eyes but still giggled at his lame attempt. “You know what I mean… like, image? In school, you seem like the cold type.”

He shrugged. “I think that’s it. Cold.”

“But you’re not cold to me.” You looked at him, brows arched. He innocently looked back. “I’m not?”

“Well, you treated me to gelato…”

He laughed lightly. “Isn’t that being polite? Treating a sick person?”

“I’m not sick anymore.” You corrected. “You were.” He raised a finger, making his point. “And besides, I wanted to eat too.”

“B...but where’s… Chunji? That’s his name right?”

He shrugged. “Probably with one of his girlfriends.”

You looked at him pointedly after he said that. “You’re not… like him, are you?”

L.joe seemed amused with your expresiion. He leaned closer, his face inches from yours. “What if I am?”

Your horrified expression plastered on your face. You gaped at him, unable to say anything. L,joe chuckled and leaned closer. You pushed him lightly. “You…!”

“He leaned back on his seat, laughing. “I’m joking, dude. I’m not like him.”

You exhaled dramatically. “Thank heavens.”

“Why are you so alarmed?”

“I don’t know… I mean, it's too bad if my only friend in class is a player.”

L.joe looked at you curiously. “Friend?”

You grinned. “Yes. You’re my friend, right? Chingu-yah!”

He looked away as he felt awkward. “Uh… yeah. Chingu..” He whispered the last part to himself.

 

 

 

Myungsoo stepped on the brakes as he saw you there, jumping like a kid on the park. Then his eyes landed on the guy beside you. He looked familiar to him.

“She’s pretty friendly, huh.” He scoffed, as he was preparing to drive away. But then his phone rang.

“Abbeoji?” He answered politely. It was like the arrogant dude inside him vanished in a magic puff of air. “Tonight?” He asked again. His forehead creased as he looked at you from the windows of his Maserati.

“Arraso, Abbeoji.” He replied back before putting the phone back on his pocket. He raked his hair and looked at you.

“Trouble, as always!” He seethed.

 

Bring Eunhae to tonight’s company party, Myungsoo. Her father wants her to meet different people there. I’m expecting, okay?

His father’s words echoed endlessly on his head.

 

Now he needs to interrupt your little date with the dude that looked familiar to him. It irked him more that he's doing things he never does because of you.

Letting you ride with him in his precious car, driving you home when you got sick, even the thought of having the slightest hint of worry when you collapsed, hiding from the boys, and even the mere thought of agreeing to live with a girl she never et before.

 

*Who does she think she is?!* He thought, annoyed like hell.

“Whatever. I’ll do this for my credit cards. Once I disappoint Dad, he’ll cut off my card s and even my memberships. Tch, that girl really! Ever since she arrived… Aish!”

 

 

____________________________________

sorry for the lame chap. and the late update. 

school stuff. and i got a little drained too.

hmmm, leave your comments!

thanks to the 67 who subscribed! =)) lovelots!