Long Night

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Myungsoo’s face was painted with undeniable annoyance as he looked at you there fiddling with the hem of your dress.

*Here she goes again.* He inwardly sighed.

“No.” He seethed, his brows almost meeting at the middle.

You pouted, throwing your arms up in the air. “It’s not like you’re the only one bored here! Hey, I was forced to come here too! I had no choice! And… you’re my only way out… And you know, I have no car, and when I go home by myself, it’s gonna be… dangerous for a girl. Guys at the street might be drunk, and I’m… I’m wearing this dress, and well—“

But before you could continue your endless reasons, Myungsoo pinned you hard to the wall, his hand clasped on your mouth. His eyes were wide as saucers as his chest pounded heavily.

“Hmm-mgfhks.” You mumbled, but Myungsoo’s piercing look stopped you. “Quiet.” He mouthed.

Just then, shuffling of steps could be heard from the other end of the hallway.

 

“Young Master? Is that you? Are you there?”

Myungsoo’s jaw clenched as he closed his eyes. Well, as for you who already understood the situation, remained as quiet as possible.

“I think he’s not here. Maybe he went to the restroom.” Another guy’s voice echoed through the halls. The voice sounded so much like the Butler. After a few seconds, silence overpowered. Myungsoo relaxed a little and removed his hand on your mouth.

“You’re nothing but trouble!” He hissed, stretching his neck to check the hallways. You twitched your lip, unable to say anything.

He exhaled dramatically and proceeded towards the door. You slumped there, abandoned and frustrated.

“You coming or what?” Myungsoo snickered. Immediately, you brightened up and scrambled out, eager to get out of the party. Myungsoo was smirking to himself inwardly, thinking about how you bring endless trouble to him.

 

The outside of the party hall was a spacious garden with dancing water sprinklers and colorful lights. Myungsoo stalked towards a bench and sta there. You sheepishly followed him and sat a few inches from him. 

"I'm soryy..." You mumbled. He didn't respond instead his eyes just scanned the surroundings. You exhaled, looking at him. "Look, I'm sorry if I almost got you into trouble."

That was the time he spared you a judging look. "You ALWAYS get me to trouble."

"I do not!" You retorted, poting. He made a face and looked away.

 

"My Dad used to bring me to a park with sprinklers. We would stay there for hours without my mom knowing. Then when we come home, we would be all wet and my mom would scold us." You blurted out, smiling while looking at the water sprinklers ahaed. Myungsoo was stunned with your sudded story, yet he nodded.

"Then my brother would open the door to his room and shoot me his angry face. He was always like mom, the indoor type. He likes to be with his books and bed. And I grew up loving the sun and the beach." You chuckled, playing with the locks of your clutch.

 

"Are you one way or the other like your Dad? They say boys tend to get their traits from their Dad." You looked at him, expecting an answer. Without even thinking about it, a scoff escaped Myungsoo's lips. He smiled bitterly. "I'm not like him." He simply said, a pang of pain in his voice. You bit your lip, sorry to trigger such feelings to him.

"I'm sorry."

Myungsoo chuckled bitterly. "I'm not all work. I'm not mainpulative. I don't like working."

"You don't have to--"

"I just wanted a normal dad-son relationship. But he raised me up with nannies, butlers and secretaries. Isn't it legendary?" He rolled his eyes as his lips twitched. You placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, and he tensed inwardly.

"It'll get better someday."

He slowly faced you. "I don't think so."

"Just believe."

He bit his lip and locked gazes with you. "Uh.. I.. hope." With that, he stood up and walked few meters away. You sat there, all left alone. He stopped and turned to look at you. "L...Let's go."

You smiled and skipped behind him.

 

As both of you slipped in the car, no one dared to talk. For your part, you were embarrassed and a little guilty you almost blew Myungsoo’s escapade a while ago and for bringing up the topic about his Dad. As for him, he simply had nothing to say. Socially awkward when it comes to conversations, yup that’s him.

Well except for insults and rude remarks, he’s a topnotcher for that.

The slight hum of the stereo created a slightly awkward atmosphere, but you tried to be comfortable with it. Also, you had no clue where Myungsoo was heading to, but it never occurred to you.

After a few more awkward but not really awkward moments, the car stopped. Myungsoo casually slipped out after he turned his engine off. Dumbfounded, you stayed glued to your seat, blinking innocently at him outside. He his heel and shot you a look. As if he said something, you quickly went out the car and stalked out. Apparently, he stopped in a mini mart.

 

Your eyes glistened at the sight of chocolates and sweets at the racks, all begging for you to devour them.

Myungsoo was looking at your expression, and a mocking snicker escaped his lips. “Child.” He then approached you and patted your head. “There, there. Isn’t it nice?” He chuckled and stalked away. You rolled your eyes at his mocking act and hurriedly picked out all the sweets your eyes favored on.

After minutes of grabbing everything that you like, you splattered everything on the counter. The ahjumma chuckled slightly at you, also eyeing the outfit you were sporting.

Myungsoo stood beside you, already paying for his purchase, a bottle of energy drink. You stuck your tongue out at him and smiled at the ahjumma.

“Is this all agasshi?” The ahjumma politely asked. You gave her a slight nod and a smile. Myungsoo brushed past you and gulped his drink on the store’s entrance.

The seller required you to pay 10,000 won for the things you purchased. Immediately, you clicked your clutch open to retrieve some bills. Unfortunately, all you had with you was a credit card. You lowly cursed as your face scrunched up.

“Is there a problem?”

You looked up at the ahjumma, embarrassed. “I just have my card…”

She smiled, understanding. Her sight landed at Myungsoo who was casually leaning there on the doorframe. “You can borrow from your friend right there.”

 With a sheepish grin, you nodded to the ahjumma and trudged towards Myungsoo.

 

“Ya. Lend me 10,000 won.” You firmly said.

He raised a brow, wearing his poker face. “What?”

“You heard me. I need 10,ooo won. I’ll pay you as soon as we get home.” You hurriedly replied. Myungsoo crossed his arms as he wore his sly grin. “You’re a bold woman, you know that?”

You didn’t reply and just extended your palm towards him. He snickered as he looked at it. “I don’t want to.” He turned to lock gazes with you with the teasing glint of playfulness in his eyes. You were really irritated, but composed yourself, pursing your lips. “Just lend me 10 bucks.” You seethed.

He rolled his eyes. “Suit yourself.”

You stomped your foot, agitated. Myungsoo was playing very hard for just 10 bucks and it irked the hell out of you. Slowly looking up at his bored face, you decided to take it the other way.

“Please, just 10, 000 won.” You pouted, batting your lashes wildly. He was stunned for a bit, seeing you do aegyo for the first time around him. He cleared his throat, looking away. “I already sa—“

“Myungsoo-ah, jebal. I promise to pay you, hmmm?” You pleaded while tugging on his coat. His chest pounded as he looked at you with unease. “Aish!” He complained, harshly fishing out bills from his pocket. “Here, you kid.” With that he walked out the store, leaving you with a triumphant smile.

 

After paying, you had to hold your food with such sadness at the car because the owner himself prohibited you to eat.

“Can I just eat my Peppero?” You asked. Myungsoo focused on his driving and muttered a ‘no’. You exaggeratedly slumped on your seat, looking at the passing view.

“But I promise not to—“

“It’s my car, my rules.” He declared. At that statement, you knew instantly that you had no fight against it.

 

As soon as the both of you arrived home, silence ruled. Myungsoo lazily dragged himself to his room while you sprawled on the couch, kicking off the stupid high stilettos. A yawn escaped your lips, but your eyes landed on your bag of sweets. A smile tugged on your lips and you immediately rushed t your room, hugging your food defensively. Myungsoo was still at his door at that moment, and he chuckled at your childish attitude. “Weird girl…” He muttered.

For an hour, you indulged yourself in eating and watching endless drama series. Your head leaned comfortably on the head frame of the bed as your legs tangled with the comforter.

The sweet chocolate made you feel giddy, but your mood turned sour when the loud banging on your door interrupted your teeny escapade.

“Open up!” Myungsoo’s muffled roar made you crinkle your nose with annoyance. You stayed sitting there on the bed, looking at the door blankly. The banging got louder eventually. Heaving a sigh, you trudged towards the door and hurriedly opened it. Myungsoo glared at you.

“My air conditioning unit flunked.”

You raised a brow, not interested. “And how does that involve me?”

He cleared his throat, eyes darting here and there. “Well, yours didn’t.”

“And…?”

His lip twitched. “Means that I need to stay in your room.”

Your eyes widened as you jabbed a finger at his chest. “You talk like it’s your room! But you kno—“

But before you could finish, he brushed past your shoulder and casually made himself comfortable on the couch. He twirled the remote control on his long slender fingers and nonchalantly switched channels. You stood there, dumfounded.

“Close the door.” He simply said. Your nose flared as you slammed the door shut and jumped to your bed. “I’m being polite for letting you stay here.”

He shot you a look. “Oh please.” He snickered. “This was my house before you claimed it yours too.”

The magazine page you were flipping almost got crumpled with your trembling hands. “At least show some gratitude.” You seethed, shooting daggers at him. He shrugged. “I don’t want to.” He mumbled, looking back at the television.

 

For several minutes Myungsoo switched channels, sighing almost every minute. He was close to sleeping, and his back ached at his sitting position. Not taking it in any longer, he hurriedly spared you a look.

“Hey.” He called out. You looked up from your book, your reading glassed hanging on your nose. He exhaled, biting his lip. “C…can we change places?”

“You mean… you want the bed?”

He eagerly nodded, looking at the bed desirably. You shook your head and went back to reading. With that, Myungsoo groaned and uncomfortably squirmed on his seat.

Few minutes later you got irritated with his endless sighs and groans. You jolted up from your position and raked your hair in frustration. “Just… aish!”

He looked at you with those fierce eyes of his and plopped beside you on the bed. “Whether you like it or not, I’m staying here.” He seethed and closed his eyes, claiming the pillow you were holding on to. You moved away to the other sid of the bed, eyeing Myungsoo who was already doing off. “Ya! Get off!”

He didn’t even budge, being the heavy sleeper he was. You kicked him, but it didn’t do anything. “Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo!”

With a hopeless sigh, you closed your eyes and hugged your pillow defensively. “I hate you Kim Myungsoo.” You muttered.

 

 

________________________________________

:)