She's Harang

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“What’s with that face?” L.joe eyed you quizzically as you plopped on your seat. The hard seat, which doesn’t irk you usually, bugged you now. “Why does this university allow wooden steel chairs. Gah, so annoying.” You muttered, banging the books on your table.

L.joe’s lip twitched. “Are you… on your time of the month?”

“Wha—at? No!” You retorted, rolling your eyes.

L.joe raised his hands on mid-air. “Okay, I get it. Chill.” He exhaled.

You looked down at your distressed jeans, fidgeting with the torn parts. “Sorry.” You mumbled. He smiled lightly. “It’s okay. Mind telling me?”

“I’m… hungry.” You fibbed. He chuckled. “Beast wakes up when hungry. Feed the beast!” He poked your side playfully. You couldn’t help it, a smile tugged on your lips. “Stop it.” You giggled. He grinned. “Beast is happy now!” He cheered. You smiled, lightly socking his shoulder. “Come on, it’s still early. Let’s eat~”

 

 

“Should we skip classes to look for the ice prince?” Hoya pouted on his seat. Sunggyu his chin, deep in thought. “Let’s ask Eunh—“

“She left.” Sungjong interrupted, pointing towards the direction you ran off to a while ago. Sungyeol heaved a sigh. “I think it’s true. Who is this girl?”

Dongwoo nodded. “Yeah, better be darn pretty. He snagged Myungsoo.”

“You sound like a die heard Myungsoo fan.” Woohyun chuckled, only to receive a flying soda can straight to his face. “Ow, that hurt!” He winced, rubbing his forehead. Dongwoo rolled his eyes. “Serves you right.”

“You’re so mean.” Hoya muttered, now playing with a random notebook.

Dongwoo shot him a look. “What?”

“I don’t hit my friends~~” He chimed, winking at Woohyun.

Woohyun whined. “Dongwoo is soooo bad. Nappeun namja.”

Both Hoya and Woohyun laughed, leaving Dongwoo stunned.

“WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE QUIET DOWN?!” Sunggyu seethed, raking his hair. Immediately it became quiet. Sungjong suppressed his laughter.

Sungyeol again, sighed. “So… we gonna bust him?”

“Later. Go to your classes, kids.” Sunggyu stood up and pushed everyone to the buildings.

 

 

Harang blinked innocently, her arm wrapped around Myungsoo’s as they walked the busy streets of Gangnam. Her lips formed a pout when Myungsoo lightly brushed her off. She grunted lowly and placed her arm back to where it was.

“Harang.” Myungsoo eyed her pointedly, and she flinched a little but didn’t let go. “But Oppa~ I just came home, and you're rejecting me?”

Myungsoo sighed, looking away. Harang smiled triumphantly.

“I skipped classes because you wanted me to.” Myungsoo said, an unreadable mask evident on his face. “No, because YOU want to spend time with me, you skipped class.” She beamed. Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “You never changed.”

They entered a famous café, immediately spotting a comfortable couch on the corner. Myungsoo looked bored while the other looked extremely happy.

“I think you’ve changed.” She started, her lips forming an suspecting curve.

Myungsoo’s brows rose. “Wae?”

Harang shrugged. “You’re less… intimidating.”

Myungsoo chuckled a bit. Harang sensed the sparkle in his eyes, something she couldn’t tell, but was willing to find out. “So tell me more about your housemate?”

His eyes darted to the view outside, his lips threatening to form a smile. “She’s… annoying.”

“Aside from that?” She urged.

Myungsoo looked at her suspiciously. “What are you trying to do?”

“Nothing.” She smiled. On the deepest corners of her mind, she was laughing.

 

Inwardly, she smirked. *Hmm... Park Eunhae.*

 

 

 

“YA KIM MYUNGSOO!” Sungjong shouted over the phone, Myungsoo, holding the phone a few inches away from his ear, had a pained expression on his face.

He let out a growl. “Ya Maknae. I’m YOUR hyung.” He seethed back. From his phone, he could hear Sungjong chuckling sheepishly on the other line. “I… uhh... Just worried, hyung. You weren’t answering any of our calls.” He reasoned.

Myungsoo relaxed on his seat. Harang was happily eating her piece of cheesecake, oblivious to her surroundings.

“So what do you want?” He asked, uninterested.

Sungjong exhaled. “Where are you? Why are you absent?”

“A childhood friend arrived. I’m entertaining her.” He simply stated.

From the background, he could hear gasps. “HER?! SHE’S A GIRL?!”

Again, he held the phone away. “Darn Sungjong stop shouting!” He hollered over the speakers, irritated.

“Where are you?” The maknae breathlessly asked.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Why woul—“

“Where are you?!” He repeated. “Geez, Gangnam.” Myungsoo’s brows furrowed, annoyed with Sungjong’s lack of honorifics. “Ya will y—“

But unfortunately for him, the line went dead.

 

 

“Damn it.” Myungsoo cursed lowly. Harang skeptically raised a brow. “Waeyo, Oppa?”

Myungsoo didn’t even bother to look at her. His eyes were glued outside. Two cars parked down the sidewalk, 5 boys hurriedly scrambling out. He had the urge to face palm himself, looking at his chaotic crazy friends.

“LLLLLLLL!” Woohyun hollered at the opening door, waving his hands. People immediately turned to look at him. He turned crimson with all the weird stares. A sheepish chuckle escaped his lips as he scrambled towards Myungsoo’s direction. The rest followed, inwardly murdering Woohyun.

Harang looked at them with her big doe eyes. “Wh…who..”

“They’re my friends.” Myungsoo seethed, looking pointedly at each of the boys. They were grinning from ear to ear, afraid of Myungsoo’s wrath.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Harang-imnida.” Harang immediately stood up and bowed. Dongwoo’s eyes landed at her dress, your voice ringing in his head.

“Flashy.”

His lips pressed into a thin line, trying to suppress his laughter. Sungyeol nudged his side, making him stop.

“Oh, hello. We’re Infinite. Myungsoo’s… friends.” Sunggyu extended his hand, a cheeky smile plastered on his face. Harang glady shook it and eyed the boys appreciatively. “I didn’t know Myubaby has friends…” She mumbled, giggling.

Ears perked up.

“Myubaby?” Hoya echoed. Harang sheepishly chuckled. “That’s my nickname for him. He was such a crybaby before. I bet he still is.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at her. “Not anymore.”

 

The seven of them stayed on the café, with Harang busy doing the talking.

“I see why Eunhae seemed annoyed.” Sungyeol muttered to himself, looking at how Harang interacted with Myungsoo. 

 

 

__________________________________________________-

kekekekekeke ;> filler-y chap.