Destiny

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

It was another normal day, except that you were sitting beside Infinite in their usual table in the cafeteria. The boys immediately scooted closer to you when Myungsoo was out of sight.

Uhm, guys?You akwardly looked at them.

“Hae, it’s the ice prince’s birthday tomorrow.” Sungyeol whispered. Your eyes brightened at the thought. *The douche's birthday?*

Hoya grinned. “Let’s plan a party?”

You shrugged. “Anything you want for him, it’d be fine.”

“How about a… beach party?” Dongwoo jumped up and down in his seat. Sunggyu had to hold his head to calm his down. He pursed his lips and looked athe boys pointedly. “We have no time for beach parties, we have classes the next day.”

The boys groaned, disappointed. You just propped your elbows on the table, deep in thought. “We can have dinner at house.” You suggested.

“A surprise dinner! That's it!” Woohyun exclaimed excitedly.

Sungjong grinned, squirming in his seat. “That’s right! I’ll help in designing!”

“I’ll buy the food.” Sungyeol nodded, his chin.

Hoya clasped his hands together. “I’m in charge of the drinks, then.”

Soon enough, each of the boys had their tasks. You sat there with deflated shoulders, waiting for them to tell you to actually do something. “Wh…what will I do, then? How about the... ugh all of you got all the tasks already!”

Dongwoo grinned and ruffled your hair. “Just be there. And! Hehe, don’t let him know.”

“B-bu—“

“Just do it. Your mere presence is enough for him.” Sunggyu silenced you with a stern look. You hesitantly nodded, spotting Myungsoo approach the table. “Guys, act normal. He's near.”

Myungsoo plopped beside you, handing you your strawberry milk. “They didn’t have orange juice, so I just bought you milk.” You smiled and accepted the drink, eyeing the boys knowingly. Myungsoo slung an arm around you, completely oblivious.

 

The next day, you woke up with the slight knocking on your door.

“What?” You groaned, sitting up with creases on your forehead. Myungsoo walked in casually and plopped beside you. “I want to do something special today.” He muttered. You looked at him pointedly. “What’s the occasion?”

His eyes faltered, hint of sadness washing over. “N.. nothing. I just want to. You know, Kim Myungsoo always gets what he wants, so you can't say no.”

“What do you want to do, huh?” You guffawed inwardly and scooted closer to him, burying your face in his chest. He carefully ran his fingers through your messy hair. “The ususal? Let’s get some Milk Tea later and go out?”

Your brows furrowed. “I thought you wanted something special?”

He chuckled heartily, tilting your head up to face him. His eyes stared back to yours meaningfully. “As much as how cheesy it sounds, just being with you is special.” He murmured before planting a kiss on your forehead.

 

Myungsoo walked you to your room with an unreadable expression. He was feeling happy he was with you, yet a little sad that you didn’t know it was his birthday.

“I’ll get going, douche. See you later.” You poked his nose playfully and entered the room. He just chuckled and walked aimlessly on the hallways.

 

“Happy Birthday, ice prince!” Woohyun smacked Myungsoo’s head, earning him a death glare. “Thanks.” He mumbled.

Woohyun squirmed in his seat, suppressing his excitement. “So… where’s the party?”

“You know I don’t like parties.”

“Right. You like simple things.” Woohyun snorted.

Myungsoo nodded and looked out the window. His father arranged a dinner with him tomorrow, greeting him joyfully. He couldn’t help but smile. Usually his father would just send him a new car or something, but now he knew his Dad already realized his mistake. He didn’t need all of those, instead he needed him.

His mind wandered off to you, and immediately his heart clenched a little. Somehow, he wanted to tell you, but he decided just to let it go. Having you was happiness already.

After all, it was a hell of a ride just for him to realize his own feelings.

 

“So… Milk Tea time?” 

Myungsoo jerked up, cluthing his heart. His face was priceless. “Don’t.” He gasped. “D..Don’t do that ever again.”

He was floating again in his own weird world when you decided to greet him from behind.

You grinned, poking his side. “Ooohhhh, our Myungsoo is easily scared.”

“I wasn’t scared. Surprised, actually.” He rolled his eyes and pulled you closer, making you squeal a little. “And yes, it’s Milk Tea time.” He whispered.

 

Just like before, the both of you were leaning on his car, sipping beverages. It was silent, yet comforting. The pleasant cool air blew your hair to the side, a smile plastered on your face as you chewed on pearls.

Myungsoo looked at you, and again his heartbeat accelerated. It always did.

“Hae?”

You turned to him, one brow raised. “Yup?”

“Do you… consider moving out?”

Your brows furrowed, your lips slowly tugging into a sad shape. “I…I…”

“I’m not making you move out, brat.” He chuckled and caressed your cheek. You still looked down, uncertain. He bent his knees to level his face with yours. “I’m assuring myself that you won’t move out. Ever.”

“You want me there?” You looked at him, expectant. He nodded eagerly. “Of course. You do the cooking, cleaning, groceries. Why would I not want you?”

He winced when your palm landed on his arm. “That hurts!” He whined like a little child.

“That’s for being a jerk.” You muttered, turning away.

“Well I was joking.” He mumbled, nudging your side. You ignored him completely,suppressing your laughter. He nudged you again. “Brat, you know no one ignores the great Kim Myungsoo.”

“Well, I’m different.” You snapped.

He stared back at your eyes, his face unreadable. Slowly his lips tugged into a small smile.

“Of course you are.” He chuckled heartily.

 

After drinking Milk Teas Myungsoo insisted on visiting some other place, but you insisted on going hime instead. He was grumpy, grumbling all the way home.

*It’s my birthday and I don’t get what I want.* His grip on the wheel tightened, his brows furrowed. Petty Myungsoo was on alert.

You were pretending to be oblivious of his actions, just boring your eyes out the view. But excitement was eating you whole. Infinite were preparing the house, and it was time to surprise him. Your stomach did those flip things due to your suppressed excitement.

Myungsoo pulled up on the parking spot and quickly pulled out his keys. You followed him towards the door, lips pressed into a thin line.

“Myung…” You whispered, before he could press the code. He grunted in response, clearly pissed. “I’m not in the mood.”

Beeps were heard as he pressed the buttons.

The door creaked open, and he stepped inside with a frown.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Woohyun jumped on the couch endlessly, waving shiny swirls on his hands. Sungyeol blew the whistle, only pausing to breathe. Dongwoo and Sungjong ran around, shouting happy birthday. Sunggyu stood at the center, holding a cake. They were all wearing colorful party hats.

Myungsoo stood there, blinking.

You jumped beside him and kissed his cheek. “Happy birthday.”

Myungsoo turned his head to you and turned crimson.T..thank you…” His head turned to the boys who were howling non-stop. “Thank you guys, really.” A chuckle escaped his lips and everybody howled more. “He smiiiiiiiiiiiiileeeeeeeeeeeed!” Woohyun sang.

“That means fooood!” Sungjong followed, prancing around.

“No, it means cake!” Sunggyu retorted, silencing everyone in the room. He huffed contentledly and approached Myungsoo who was unusually smiling. “Close your eyes and make a wish. The lean in and whisper it to me.” Sunggyu ordered.

Myungsoo nodded but stopped half-way, his eyes wide. “Ok— wait, what?”

Sunggyu smiled sheepishy.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and closed it afterwards. Few seconds after he opened it and grinned. “Done.”

“IT’S PARTY TIMEEE!”

“FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!”

 

After eating, everybody got engrossed with different things. Sungyeol and Sungjong were playing foosball, Hoya was playing with the dance pad, Sunggyu was caught between Dongwoo and Woohyun who were fighting over the game consoles.

You snickered at the chaos, stepping outside for a while to get some fresh air and yes, peace.

The night wind was a bit misty, touching your skin with a splash of cool feeling. The leaves fluttered with the wind, the yellow porch light making the small garden look dim under the moonlight. It was giving off a different feeling; the place. It was peaceful, giving you the time to think of everything that happened since you transferred.

You smiled at the thought of your endless bickers with Myungsoo. Indeed the two of you were mortal enemies.

“If not, we could’ve gone to murdering each other.” You mumbled, wrapping your arms around you as a gush of wind passed by.

Suddenly, a pair of arms s around your waist carefully.

“Myung?”

“Hmm.” He mumbled, nuzzling your hair. You could feel his even breathing, his steady heartbeat. A small smile tugged on your lips, as you felt that sting of electricity run up your spine with his mere touch. “Happy Birthday.”

“Thank you.” He grinned, turning you to face him. If it wasn’t for the dark night, he would’ve laughed at how your cheeks were crimson already. He poked your nose and smiled his crooked smile. “You knew all along?”

“Yup.” Grinning, you bit your lips sheepishly.

He rolled his eyes. “And you kept it?”

“The boys wanted me to play along.” You stuck your tongue out.

Myungsoo’s eyes softened, as he pulled you to his arms. 

 

He tightened his embrace, his heart soaring.

“I love you, Miss Brat.”

You chuckled, burying your face on his chest. “I love you too, Mister Arrogant.”

With that he gently placed his lips on top of yours.

 

 

___________________________________________

 

It's the end :)

Thank you so much for subscribing, and commenting, and reading, and supporting! keke

I love you guys <33 And i'll miss Myungsoo and Eunhae. And L.joe. And Yoochun. And Infinite. Even Harang. XD

well, thanks again!!!

and here's Mister Arrogant.

span

 

I hope you check out my new fic~ :) 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/356919/unforeseen-harmony-romance-exo-exom-luhan-daehyun-occharacter-semifluff

I hope I can see you there! Lovelots!

- redforever